I have two nagging questions.

BSJ

The first: Can a duck swim backwards? I know it's not BiT related but I would like to know!

Secondly: Why has Phuket got a greater number of idiots on scooters than Pattaya? I am staying in Patong and it's just my observation. There are so many lunatics!

Well I am in Pooket at the mo and because there are 3 of us (me, my Thai wife and Aussie daughter) we have been using tuk tuks a lot. Not real hot so walking isn't a problem for the shorter hops. But you need eyes in the back of your head with some of the nutters riding around!

Tourist riders are a "hazzard" here in Phuket, there is ONLY one way for locals to ride in Phukets main tourist areas and that's DEFENSIVELY!

Here's my list in order of dangerous drivers gained through experience over the years.......

First its the chinese riders who ride on the wrong side of the road, with their missus taking pics and chatting away to their 4 eyed husband driver who when NOT riding the wrong way around roundabouts, is gorking at the scenery and not the road or traffic around them, atleast they ride slow and are easily avoidable when noticed up ahead.

Then theres the complete idiot Euro's, Italians mainly, who ride 100km/h weaving in and out of traffic causing everyone else in their wake and oncoming traffic, to ride/drive defensively to avoid crashing, careless di ** heads.

Then the lebs, who need a penile extension and ride the Tmax 300cc in city traffic environment conditions, when a 150cc is the max you could use.....yelling to all the massage girls as they go by, so col habbibi! NOT

Then the drunken Aussies who most brandish bandaged and scars from riding pissed.....fortunately i manage to avoid these idiots because i dont ride when going out for a drink at night.

All these people are is hazards to everyone who live here, NO ONE should be allowed to ride unless they have a license and stick to the road rules.

IF you can't ride like complete idiots in your own country, why come here and risk everyones lives around you.

I admit there are others, locals included who aren't the best riders, but if you're aware of how the locals use the roads and give way to each other in this razy environment, it does work most of the time.

I HATE high-season with a passion!!!!

Just my opinion.

Cheers

S

Just an added note: It doesnt help when the roads are a complete joke with virtually no planning causing complete kaos, this also adds to the accident numbers.

Edited by Aussiescott
  • Like 2

Tourist riders are a "hazzard" here in Phuket, there is ONLY one way for locals to ride in Phukets main tourist areas and that's DEFENSIVELY!

Here's my list in order of dangerous drivers gained through experience over the years.......

First its the chinese riders who ride on the wrong side of the road, with their missus taking pics and chatting away to their 4 eyed husband driver who when NOT riding the wrong way around roundabouts, is gorking at the scenery and not the road or traffic around them, atleast they ride slow and are easily avoidable when noticed up ahead.

Then theres the complete idiot Euro's, Italians mainly, who ride 100km/h weaving in and out of traffic causing everyone else in their wake and oncoming traffic, to ride/drive defensively to avoid crashing, careless di ** heads.

Then the lebs, who need a penile extension and ride the Tmax 300cc in city traffic environment conditions, when a 150cc is the max you could use.....yelling to all the massage girls as they go by, so col habbibi! NOT

Then the drunken Aussies who most brandish bandaged and scars from riding pissed.....fortunately i manage to avoid these idiots because i dont ride when going out for a drink at night.

All these people are is hazards to everyone who live here, NO ONE should be allowed to ride unless they have a license and stick to the road rules.

IF you can't ride like complete idiots in your own country, why come here and risk everyones lives around you.

I admit there are others, locals included who aren't the best riders, but if you're aware of how the locals use the roads and give way to each other in this razy environment, it does work most of the time.

Just my opinion.

Cheers

S

Just an added note: It doesnt help when the roads are a complete joke with virtually no planning causing complete kaos, this also adds to the accident numbers.

your 100% aussie! Your not living in the nanny state anymore pal but you still have nanny state attitude. This is thailand... adapt or die

• Like 2

1/ I have never seen a duck swim backward but I have seen them spin around like a tank so maybe they

don't need to.

2/ Having driven in both I don't thing the bike riders are worse in Phuket. Both car and scooter riders are

equally bad in both places. That includes, tourists, ex-pats, and locals.

1. The duck can swim well to backward but doesn't do too much.

2. This is very easy answer cause Phuket is much bigger. Only math.

+1. The most dangerous motorcyclists in PKT are the drunk tourists especially English drunk tourists.

+1. The most dangerous motorcyclists in PKT are the drunk tourists especially English drunk tourists.

555! I am afraid to say the English tourists are well in the minority now days.

I drove to Phuket from Pattaya 2 weeks ago and couldn't help but notice that the motorcyclists seem to take over the whole road, didn't even try to keep to the left hand side of the road.

Good point. And tooting doesn't seem to help at all!

Just my opinion.

Cheers

S

Maybe take a chill pill and have a massage to relieve the tension. Just sayin'!

I did that last night when I had spent an hour scouring the net for a pizza delivery place in/near Patong and the only one with a web page, menu and prices had a queer selection of pizza's. The next one, with some good comments, had a web site and no link to menu or prices. Freaking annoying!

Brandishing THAT flag, I take your second comment with a good pinch of salt!

• Like 1