History video: Yingluck Shinawatra Interview from Dec 2011

Lite Beer

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic! The interviewer's expression is hilarious.

Mind reading trick....... "<deleted> is this woman saying? blink.png When I get back to the office I'm going to choke the boss on his own dangly bits for giving me this assignment. "

I wonder if she is as incoherent and disjointed in Thai??

• Like 1

Mr Arglit Boonyai of Bangkok Post is an excellent interviewer. Maybe he should run for office?

I was afraid he would, at some point, smirk and then crack up with laughter at this woman's comments.

"Let's hope the people will judge me"

OK.

IS or WAS an excellent interviewer ???cheesy.gif

" I understand the logical thinking. But style will be my style. " But what about substance ? What about answering the questions ? How is this interviewer able to restrain himself from laughing ? This is a delicious idea, to re-release this nothingness of an interview, to show just how vacuous is the approach. It's not that Yinkluck ought to be faulted for adopting the politician's art of saying nothing in order to conceal an inconvenient truth. It's that there is actually nothing underneath it to conceal. So although she may - in deference - actually not understand logical thinking, she most definitely understands style. Style without substance.

• Like 2

I'm glad she fixed the war on drugs and poverty.......

Poverty reduction programs in Thailand have been very successful under Thaksin and associated govts. Of course many people aren't so keen on that , preferring to keep a source of slave labour and cheap goods. That genie is out of the bottle.

• Like 2

So, her English isn't perfect. There is something to admire in the fact that she has the guts to give interviews in English. How does Obama do in Chinese or Cameron in German? Suthep, of course, will NOT give any interviews in English. While he seeks out foreign media, he insists on using an interpreter. That doesn';t make his ideas any less nutty

If you can't speak a language well, use an interpreter. Nothing wrong with that. The various Japanese premiers frequently use interpreters when giving interviews. If she wants to embarrass herself alone and sound like an idiot, sure you can 'admire' her. Unfortunately, as PM, she represents the whole country and is an embarrassment to the whole country.

• Like 1

So, her English isn't perfect. There is something to admire in the fact that she has the guts to give interviews in English. How does Obama do in Chinese or Cameron in German? Suthep, of course, will NOT give any interviews in English. While he seeks out foreign media, he insists on using an interpreter. That doesn';t make his ideas any less nutty

If you can't speak a language well, use an interpreter. Nothing wrong with that. The various Japanese premiers frequently use interpreters when giving interviews. If she wants to embarrass herself alone and sound like an idiot, sure you can 'admire' her. Unfortunately, as PM, she represents the whole country and is an embarrassment to the whole country.

well, she could have done that but chose not to. I don't see jer as an embarrassment at all. Her govt is far from perfect and some of thier poilicies are little more than voodoo economics. They need to improve. Thailand will not improve by turning back to clock to a minority of self-interested economic illiterates and in particular those who claim to be speaking /acting in some greater national interest...but in fact serve mammon

• Like 2

That video reminds of the scene in The Waterboy when Waterboy is talking to the kids coach. After he's finished talking, the coach turns to the kids and says. "That reminds me, don't smoke crack."

• Like 2

Mr Arglit Boonyai of Bangkok Post is an excellent interviewer. Maybe he should run for office?

I was afraid he would, at some point, smirk and then crack up with laughter at this woman's comments.

"Let's hope the people will judge me"

OK.

IS or WAS an excellent interviewer ???cheesy.gif

Because of the interview it was so embarrassing that someone may have paid to have him done in.xunsure.png.pagespeed.ic.E7Vo3qsmeC.png

She thinks she speaks good english, no one is forcing her, she could use a interpreter.

Poverty reduction programs in Thailand have been very successful under Thaksin and associated govts. Of course many people aren't so keen on that , preferring to keep a source of slave labour and cheap goods. That genie is out of the bottle.

Please describe any of the poverty reduction policies of Thaksin and how successful they have been and also how they have been financed. It seems that all that Thaksin has succeeded in is getting the poor into a cycle of more and more relentless debt and their only escape now is to continue to vote for him and his policies of paying off some of that debt (all lies of course). Wait for part of their party election manifesto to be to cut the debt on the agri bank credit cards the farmers were all issued with which had to be used to buy more expensive fertiliser and chemicals. Remember where you heard it first wink.png

• Like 2

Yeah right. Their policies of cutting education subsidies, starting an inflation spiral and subsidising a labour-intensive uneconomic industry are all aimed at poverty reduction, but not for the voters. Oh I forgot, they're not corrupt, just incompetent. When the rice scam collapses, and it is imminent, many farmers will lose all they own, and their land will be sold off. Not the way i would have chosen to reform the rice industry.

• Like 1

well, she could have done that but chose not to. I don't see jer as an embarrassment at all. Her govt is far from perfect and some of thier poilicies are little more than voodoo economics. They need to improve. Thailand will not improve by turning back to clock to a minority of self-interested economic illiterates and in particular those who claim to be speaking /acting in some greater national interest...but in fact serve mammon

Yeap she chose not to. One of the many bad choices she's made in her august career as PM!

I have to agree fully with your last sentence. Put it in a thread about the rice scam disaster and it would be more appropriate.