Frequent Fedora Crashes.

raro

Fedora 20 just reboots without me initiating it, apparently related to teamviewer. After reboot a SELinux Alert Browser opens, and gives me this cryptic message: (whoaahh...cannot copy/paste need to RETYPE!!!)

The Source Process: wine-preloader

Attempted this access: mmap_zero

On this memprotect: [blank, nothing said here]

1)

If you were trying to:

If you do not think /opt/teamviewer9/tv_bin/wine-peloader should need to mmap low memory in the kernel.

Then do the solution:

you may be under attack by a hacker, this is a very dangerous access.
Contact your security administrator and report this issue.

2)

If you want to allow mmap to low allowed

You must tell SELinux about this by enabling the 'mmap_low_allowed' boolean.
You can read 'None' man page for more details.
setsebool -P mmap_low_allowed 1

3)

If you believe that wine-preloader should be allowed mmap_sero access on the memory by default

You should report this as a bug.
You can generate a local policy module to allow this access.
Allow this access for now by executing:
# grep wine-preloader /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mypol
# semodule -i mypol.pp

Now what??

I don't run this combination so don't have any direct knowledge, but a google search of "fedora 20 team-viewer wine-preloader" returns many interesting responses regarding the issue, or long existing bug.

Red Hat Bugzilla: SELinux is preventing /opt/teamviewer/teamviewer/6/wine/bin/wine-preloader from 'mmap_zero' accesses on the memprotect Unknown

Fedora Forums: SE Linux + Teamviewer and mmap_zero issues

If you use Teamviewer just to share a remote desktop, stop using it – a lot more and especially more stable options are available. It's a bit ironic that you use Teamviewer, which is basically a MS Windows program that uses Wine to run on Linux... the ironic part is that Linux/Unix users where sharing desktops years and years before any MS Windows user ever had the idea it was possible.

Teamviewer 9 is is nice program, and it's indeed more stable than its predecessor, but you cannot compare it to anything available native to Linux.

• Like 1

Aha! Wasn't aware of this!

Which remote desktop would you recommend? I have to look from my Linux computer on my windows computer.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I use TightVNC which is an JRE thingy...meaning it works out of any web browser and gives me a nice consistent experience.

Also if you're copying from the CLI you should be able to highlight and right click then choose copy. CTRL-C (what most people are used to as the copy shortcut) is interpreted as abort by the terminal.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I use tsvnv (installed with the ssvnc package) , much more secure as it runs over ssh tunnel - requires x11vnc and ssh-server running on the remote machine. You don't need to keep the vnc server running all the time as it is automatically spawned by the tsvnc connection.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus SlimKat using Tapatalk