make copy of key card from condo

LanaPattaya

• 2 years later...

I have 2 cards from Lumpini condo. One works for entrance door and lift, another - for parking either. So, I want to copy parking card to use it sometimes.

Condo office will not make it because one room can use only 1 parking card.

I want to copy it just to be able to open the parking gate when I am going by motorcycle while my GF going by car.

Anyone had an experience of copy Lumpini card?

Or they use extended security system and cards cannot be copied without their computer, coding softwate and equipment?

1 hour ago, Takeprofit said:

I have 2 cards from Lumpini condo. One works for entrance door and lift, another - for parking either. So, I want to copy parking card to use it sometimes.

I want to copy it just to be able to open the parking gate when I am going by motorcycle while my GF going by car.

Or they use extended security system and cards cannot be copied without their computer, coding softwate and equipment?

My girlfriend lost her Lumpini card recently and the juristic office replaced it in 15 minutes for 300 Baht. They deleted her old card on their system. I like the idea of strong and strict security.

3 hours ago, Takeprofit said:

why not bring the topic up at the next AGM

4 hours ago, Takeprofit said:

Assuming the CASS system uses MiFare-Classic cards (most do unless very recent).

Read and understand this https://www.blackhat.com/docs/sp-14/materials/arsenal/sp-14-Almeida-Hacking-MIFARE-Classic-Cards-Slides.pdf

You will need to source UID writable cards and the kit needed to write them, no I'm not going to help you with that.

Even then the system may well be smart enough to notice that a card has been used to enter twice without exiting in between and disable access until you talk to reception. Dead clever these computers.

Then live with your current situation.

By the way, none of the mass transit systems in Bangkok use MiFare-Classic (I value my job so I'm not likely to be helping someone crack the system). All have graduated to DESfire-EV1 or EV2 with encrypted data and diversified keys. To all intents and purposes, uncrackable, at least with the computing power available to us mortals.

NOTE - Nothing in this post cannot be found by simple Google searches.

20 hours ago, Takeprofit said:

The reason of one key for garage entry is, every unit should have one vehicle allowed. for ex in bangkok this rule is more strict. if you have extra vehicle such as bike car etc, theywill  charge you extra on monthly basis and give you the second entry card.

On 08/10/2015 at 10:49 AM, fosseway said:

I think it is unethical for anyone to give advise here on "circumventing" / cheating the condo co-owner funds, and breaching their security.

I do not think it is unethical for the reasons you have pointed out, they should be supplied at cost as the condominium should not be making a profit and if the are being sold at a cost that is more than the cost of the token (Card, fob or whatever)  plus a little to cover admin costs then I would suspect someone is profiteering at the cost of the Co-owners.

What is unethical is by going and buying tokens elsewhere one is compromising the security of the building...

I suspect that most condominiums use a cheap system that probably only reads the serial number of the token, when the condominium buys tokens they enter the first id number and quantity  to register a batch and they do not record to who they issue each token.

Ideally they should have all the readers networked with an office PC with a reader that can be used to initiate every token, record to whom issued, where by lost or stolen card can be cancelled from the office, and even automatically cancelling cards after certain dates, could even suspend cards of those who fail to pay their maintenance forcing them to have to go to the office during office hours or security out of hours. 

• 6 years later...
On 10/8/2015 at 12:17 AM, balo said:

I don't buy the story of OP at all. A key card should be no more than 300 baht. Don't tell me the office asked for 3000 ?

If you can't afford it it's time to leave Thailand.

mine is charging 900 and now saying "not in stock"  so its not just the cost in many cases 

23 hours ago, Thjames said:

mine is charging 900 and now saying "not in stock" 

For this amount you can buy a device like that.

IMG_20240202_134426.thumb.jpg.8d77d4a0947b15f4058db5208044bc7f.jpg

I wanted to have key fobs for some condos in different vehicles.
My condo wanted 600 THB for a single card.