American involved in knife incident at Central Pattaya Plaza

webfact

Bizzare.

Something wrong with the guy.

... dunno, certainly possible and if just to fit in ... or the >scuffle< really unfolded after the mon had forked over the slightly inflated price and was happily giving his new sex-lighter a try - which's man & woman ceased shaggin' just on the spot ... bad karma really as the crap is meant to break after 2 weeks at best ...

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can you admit that people are not equal? than in general IQ of Africans is 20 points lower than Caucasian, and Asian IQ is even higher than Caucasians?

I am unaware that there is a large difference in IQ between the races. Perhaps you could link me to the study so I can educate myself on this area.

Bizzare.

Something wrong with the guy.

....or something wrong with the story.......

I would tend to consider the latter? Black farangs already know they're under constant scrutiny by Thais, searching for the worse they can find in Black people. Blacks tend to avoid altercations with Thais, AMAP. Something is definitely not kosher with the story thread.

Coming straight here as a tourist, from the USA, would HE know this?

How is it that some people can come to Thailand 10, 20 or even 30 years and never have a problem with a shopkeeper. I've walked through that market dozens of times and even at 9 AM and never had a problem looking or buying things there. I doubt very much this guy did nothing, he must have done something to the store owners to have this incident blow out of control like it did.

• Like 2

Its a bit funny when I read posts stating that the accused couldn't have been guilty because he dressed nice.

I used to know 'alleged' drug dealers who scrubbed up pretty good. I knew of an 'alleged' criminal figure who always wore suits, always travelled 1st class everywhere he went.

The above were the dregs of this earth. Point is, never judge a book by its cover..................wink.png

Just sayin'

• Like 1

Its a bit funny when I read posts stating that the accused couldn't have been guilty because he dressed nice.

I used to know 'alleged' drug dealers who scrubbed up pretty good. I knew of an 'alleged' criminal figure who always wore suits, always travelled 1st class everywhere he went.

The above were the dregs of this earth. Point is, never judge a book by its cover..................wink.png

Just sayin'

Hear ! Hear !

Clothes do not the Man make. Just think of 'Teflon'

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

What ever happened... I find Thailand very racist towards "blacks" in general...

The Thais have had this little saying for years, started when the Vietnam war was on, when there were many soldiers of African descent on R & R; "black skin black heart".

• Like 1

I would guess our friend from South Carolina will learn that there are worse places than home.

Do you know Mr.Harris well enough to know what state he hails from?whistling.gif

His passport states that he was born somewhere in South Carolina. Edited by Hawk

Has no one ever seen or heard of a shop keeper being rude and aggressive towards a tourist who just lingers and won't buy anything? Has no one ever heard or seen a shop keeper, such as this woman, grab the items away from a "customer" and physically push that person towards the entrance? I was in a shop just a few weeks where the woman owner was verbally rude because I wouldn't buy an item of very overpriced clothing from her, I took no notice, just another assw*** with a "market mouth" but maybe the American guy took offense at being told off, pushed and reacted heatedly. Enter husband and we get the predictable Thai punch up, they call the cops and blame the foreigner as he can't speak Thai.

The guy makes no attempt to run away, pobably naively believing that the Thai police will believe his side of the story vs that of two law abiding Thai citizens who will demand monetary compensation. This is the Thai way. Money, money, money!

Lastly Pattaya has to be one of the nastiest places in Asia.

Edited by Hawk
  • Like 2

You guys seriously believe a tourist would brandish a knife and molest her at 9am?

Small injury to one of her fingers.... &lt;deleted&gt;, read the story... The shopkeeper is clutching at straws!

With Pattaya left with the garbage tourism, I suspect more BS stories, scams will come from the Thai people as they try and extort money from tourists.

&lt;deleted&gt; read the report. Unless I'm seeing things there appears to be a flick knife, that he declined to comment about, next to his passport in the photo.

What difference does the time of the incident and the size of her injury make to the validity of the woman's complaint? Does that make the American's alleged inappropriateness acceptable?

man you guys believe any Thai news they post lol. look how the guy is dressed. he's not a drunk farang, he's a tourist with money and likely spent 80-100k baht on this trip. he doesn't need to steal a lighter - or molest a very old shop keeper. you guys should know what a sober tourist looks like versus a dirty, drunken/stoned farang. this shopkeeper is racist.

Nice sarcasm.

I don't believe this story. I wonder if a guy got angry for trying to be ripped off.

which is more likely, a tourist pulling a knife at 9 am in shop or a shop keeper trying to rip off a tourist?

I carry a knife, it's my right, but I've never used it for anything other than cutting fruit.

Maybe the guy just bought the knife off the street from a vendor?

who knows? but I don't believe this story.

Think you'll find that carrying a knife in Thailand isn't your right, neither is it legal. If he had just bought the knife how would that make the alleged incident acceptable?

I vote for set up. As pointed out, he is nicely dressed, has some quality stuff on self, doesn't appear like one from out drinking all night. IMHO Thailand is more racist than USA, even England (ha!). Even against their own, hence all the whitening creams for sale. As in most crimes, may we ask what his motive may have been? She has a stronger motive (payoff), and same goes for police. Cut her finger a little bit? Sounds like self inflicted, maybe in kitchen that morning. We need more info of course, and that won't be forthcoming I imagine.

Who needs more information with an imagination like yours?

It is highly unlikely that this sober, well Kemp dress looking gentleman, at 9a.m., initiated any act of cruelty or unkindness for that is not the purpose of his visit to Pattaya. Being cheated on is the more likely situation here. As for the knife, most Americans carry a knife. Take a look at most Americans pockets or belt loops. A distinguishing identification of an American. The cheating brought on a mild argument, which the shop keeper escalated. Believe that! There is no saving face with Thai people. Even a simple mention or gesture that a Thai person has made a mistake is offensive to them. There is no such thing as a peaceful resolution to Thais. You either have to agree with them or walk away. Their country, their culture and their way. This is not America with its truer since of democracy.

He was sober? How do you know that?

"Well Kemp dress"-ed is open to discussion and if he assaulted the woman in any kind of way he clearly is not a gentleman.

"A distinguishing identification of an American", really?

"The cheating brought on a mild argument, which the shop keeper escalated. Believe that!". It's ok, we have a witness to the incident here!

I vote for set up. As pointed out, he is nicely dressed, has some quality stuff on self, doesn't appear like one from out drinking all night. IMHO Thailand is more racist than USA, even England (ha!). Even against their own, hence all the whitening creams for sale. As in most crimes, may we ask what his motive may have been? She has a stronger motive (payoff), and same goes for police. Cut her finger a little bit? Sounds like self inflicted, maybe in kitchen that morning. We need more info of course, and that won't be forthcoming I imagine.

Your certainly don't. An intelligent opinion is beyond your capabilities.

It is highly unlikely that this sober, well Kemp dress looking gentleman, at 9a.m., initiated any act of cruelty or unkindness for that is not the purpose of his visit to Pattaya. Being cheated on is the more likely situation here. As for the knife, most Americans carry a knife. Take a look at most Americans pockets or belt loops. A distinguishing identification of an American. The cheating brought on a mild argument, which the shop keeper escalated. Believe that! There is no saving face with Thai people. Even a simple mention or gesture that a Thai person has made a mistake is offensive to them. There is no such thing as a peaceful resolution to Thais. You either have to agree with them or walk away. Their country, their culture and their way. This is not America with its truer since of democracy.

"Well Kemp dress"-ed is open to discussion and if he assaulted the woman in any kind of way he clearly is not a gentleman.

"The cheating brought on a mild argument, which the shop keeper escalated. Believe that!". It's ok, we have a witness to the incident here!

Drunkards aren't likely to go souvenir shopping before 9am unless forced to do so. They would likely be still sleeping or to be found in a bar.

This appears to be a normal tourist, as far as normal tourists go in this town.

On the contrary, Einstein.

Edited by MMarlow

On the contrary, Einstein.

Self praise is no recommendation. Let the viewers decide.

So far I remain unimpressed.

Drunkards aren't likely to go souvenir shopping before 9am unless forced to do so. They would likely be still sleeping or to be found in a bar.

I agree with that, in general, but in this case you don't actually know that he was sober, do you? You're speculating.

The accusation is that he inappropriately grabbed the woman, hardly the action of a normal tourist.

Anyway, you missed the point of my response to baybrother which was to obtusely point out a completely speculative, dopey post.

I agree with that, in general, but in this case you don't actually know that he was sober, do you? You're speculating.

The accusation is that he inappropriately grabbed the woman, hardly the action of a normal tourist.

Anyway, you missed the point of my response to baybrother which was to obtusely point out a completely speculative, dopey post.

This whole thread is full of speculation...or haven't you noticed? But there are educated guesses and there is crass idiocy.

Is is an accusation. On the other side he can hardly be accused of failing to purchase an item in a timely manner, now can he?

So it is plausible that a reason for attacking him would be needed.

I think the likelyhood of him touching her inappropriately is close to zero. Especially someone from that part of the USA.

Have any of you Dr Watson's out there noticed he is wearing a ABN AMRO hat, which means he is a banker, so must be guilty, no?

Probably a fake Chinese cap to go with his cheap Chinese blade. So neither a banker or guilty. Next?

I would guess our friend from South Carolina will learn that there are worse places than home.

I.m sorry, I read both accounts and I can't find anywhere that says he is from South Carolina..........for my sanity,please show me where that information is:

facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif