Army: Tanks Are For Children's Day, Not Coup

Lite Beer

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tanks in urban settings are usually a bad idea militarily (Stalingrad, Baghdad). From an intimidation standpoint--a great idea. Can't help but think there is another motive here.

Parking is a pain as well. unless you have really good insurance.

Tanks in urban settings are usually a bad idea militarily (Stalingrad, Baghdad). From an intimidation standpoint--a great idea. Can't help but think there is another motive here.

Parking is a pain as well. unless you have really good insurance.

Parking is never a problem, there is always someone in a uniform blowing a whistle!

Depends on the firepower of your opponents. Unless they have good antitank armaments (I.e. RPG-29 et al) heavy armor should do pretty well in close quarters-combat.

The Thai Royal Army doesn´t have much in the way of modern MBT:s though, but neither is a hypothetical opposition force likely to be armed with anything heavier than molotov coctails.

Well, there are Vietnam War era M-60 tanks which could be schwacked by the abundance of RPG-2 (B-40 rockets) that are a plenty still in Southeast Asia.

Molotovs worked pretty well in Stalingrad BTW.

That said, a few years back when the Red Shirts built their cute little tire fortress, replete with bamboo spikes, I couldn't help but think "Yeah, that's gonna hold up really well to a tank."

It didn't.

I've not read past the first post yet . . . BUT what ever happened to Ferris wheels, merry-go-rounds, tilt-a-whirls, etc. for kids?

Or what about clowns and balloons . . . or seeing exotic animals close up?

Or pony rides!

This old woman is wondering when did it happen that tanks and jets became something for children to play on.

Tanks and artillery for Children's Day! What could be more perverse? Perhaps they should show graphic vids of what battle tanks and such do to towns and human flesh.

Or should we wrap them in bubble wrap and give them candy all day and not let them see the world as it really is?

Really, there are tank and war museums all around the world that serve to act as an educational tool and reminder to everyone what our countrymen (and I mean all countries) have done for us in the past wars, is this perverse also, I don't think so!

Maybe you should stick to what your screen name says you do best buddy.

I have not and would never set foot in any tank/war museum anywhere.

I've been to war cemeteries and seen many monuments in places like courthouses memorializing those killed by said tanks and other items found in war museums. Perhaps as an educational tool and reminder as to what countrymen have done for you in past wars, a war cemetery should be a place to take children to, to view the world as it really is.