Do any Irish Pubs in BKK have Live Irish music?

gazwa

I have some friends visiting this month and would like to take them to see some live music. He and his wife are both accomplished musicians and my pal is also a composer of some repute in the jigs and reels genre. Any musicians involved in this type of music may also be interested to know my friend is a low volume dealer in top quality accordians, violins and bows.

I hope some good craic can be had, some new friends and contacts made. Cheers!

I realize this is none of my business, but I assume these people are coming from outside Thailand? Have they actually expressed an interest in hearing live Irish music in Thailand?

Anyway, this place claims to have live Irish music. Probably a good idea to call them before going to see what's on when you want to go.

http://www.thedublinerbangkok.com/

The Dubliner - The next generation of Irish pub. We re-thought everything with the new Dub, from the menu to the ambience; we’ve brought the genuine Irish pub into the 21st century. Owned, operated and built by Irish people we can say that the Dub is truly Irish, with the hospitality to match. With regular live music, an international menu devised by renowned chefs and full coverage of major sporting events the pub caters to everyone.

" ...my friend is a low volume dealer in top quality accordians [sic], violins and bows."

By low volume are you speaking of the sound produced by the accordion or the number he manages to sell?

hell.jpg

Edited by Suradit69

" ...my friend is a low volume dealer in top quality accordians [sic], violins and bows."

By low volume are you speaking of the sound produced by the accordion or the number he manages to sell?

... Might be referring to the hushed tones used to extol his product.

55555!

My friends are coming from Australia......I know they like and perform this type of music, so wanted to show them a good time in BKK. I will, of course show them around Thai cultural must sees.

The VOLUME pertains to the number of instruments he buys and sells, he constantly upgrades and collects his own instruments and sells any extraneous to his needs.

Thanks for the link to The Dubliner, just what I was looking for. After our night out I will publish a review for anyone who may be interested in this type of entertainment.

I only know the O'Reilleys (they have changed their name now...but I don't know, to what) at the corner Sala Deang/ Thaniya.

They have some music from time to time, as has the Molly's at Soi Convent.

Mark: live- music...not IRISH live music