Is Chaeng Wattana open this week?

I'm due for a extension on my tourist visa next week but think it might be better to go early just in case.

Is Chaeng Wattana immigration open this week?

Has any announcement been made to when/if it will be closing?

Thanks.

Yes, it is open.

I did my 90 day report yesterday and then found that Lad Prao is now open so will use that office in future,

Yesterday I was in and out within 30 minutes arriving at 9.25 am.

Really efficient and friendly staff I presume they were working quickly to assist the many people there.

A smile works wonders theresmile.png I received a hand-shake when I left.

Yes, it is open.

I did my 90 day report yesterday and then found that Lad Prao is now open so will use that office in future,

Yesterday I was in and out within 30 minutes arriving at 9.25 am.

Really efficient and friendly staff I presume they were working quickly to assist the many people there.

A smile works wonders theresmile.png I received a hand-shake when I left.

Lad Phrao is only available for 90 day reports.

You cannot do anything else there.

Does anyone know how they count the 60 days I have to wait for retirement extension of my non-O? My money was in the bank on November 18, and my 90-day non-O is dated from that same day. If that is day #1, then day #60 is January 16. Can I go on that day? But that is going to be 3 days too late anyway as Chaeng Wattana will almost certainly be shut down or inaccessible again from the 13th. Last time I went to Chaeng Wattana it was very calm and civilized. Lad Phrao was a seething mass of bodies, where pushing, shoving and yelling was the only way to get anywhere and the place was like a deafening inferno. And I think the protesters plan to block traffic at Lad Phrao also this time so this may not even be an option.

If only I could get my extension done before the shutdown, I wonder if there is any way....

If I cannot get my non-O extended before it expires on Feb 15, not for want of trying but purely because of the shutdown, will I have to leave the country?

I went this morning and got there just before the doors opened but the queue was long.

By the time I'd been down to do my photocopying the doors were open and there was no longer a queue.

Once inside, the tourist visa extension area was pretty empty and I was out in 30 minutes from when I got my ticket.

No queues on the way out either.

• 5 weeks later...