Rebuilt or Reconditioned Toyota Parts

sstuff3

Does anyone know where to find rebuilt or reconditioned parts for a Toyota in or near Bangkok. I have a leaky turbo and the Toyota dealer says a new one is about 30k baht. The truck is a 2002 Hilux and although it runs fine like it is, the small drops of oil on the driveway are driving me nuts. I just don't see spending 30k to get a brand new one for a 12 year old engine.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

All the Authorised Denso repair shops will re build your existing Turbo and they also sell new and re built ones too.

Much, much cheaper. I doubt that yours needs re building. Rather Gaskets and seals I should think.

There is a very good Denso shop at the top end of On Nut 77 and they also have a branch on Rama III Yanawa area (Siam Diesel Auto Part)

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies. Toyota has replaced the seals and gaskets (twice) and it still leaks. They say it's OK to keep it like this but the oil drips are driving me crazy. I'll check out the Denso shop you mentioned on On Nut 77 since that is not far from my house. Thanks again!

Where exactly is the oil leaking from?

Just a suggestion but might be worth checking the inlet piping and inter-cooler have been drained of oil after the seals were changed?

Sometimes the accumulated oil can drip for ages.

A partly restricted air filter can also cause enough suction to pull oil through the seals. The oil usually accumulates on the back of the compressor housing.

Where exactly is the oil leaking from?

Just a suggestion but might be worth checking the inlet piping and inter-cooler have been drained of oil after the seals were changed?

Sometimes the accumulated oil can drip for ages.

A partly restricted air filter can also cause enough suction to pull oil through the seals. The oil usually accumulates on the back of the compressor housing.

You've made very valid points Jitar.

I assumed these issues would have been checked as a routine matter.

Yeah, I would hope they were too Woodsie but the leak persisting after Toyota changing the seals twice is a bit odd. Perhaps the OP could also give the area around the leak a good clean, drive for a while before getting a decent mechanic to have another look.

Thanks for the replies. Toyota has replaced the seals and gaskets (twice) and it still leaks. They say it's OK to keep it like this but the oil drips are driving me crazy. I'll check out the Denso shop you mentioned on On Nut 77 since that is not far from my house. Thanks again! Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

sstuff3, did you go for the repair already?

Funny, I had exactly the same problem with my 2004 Tiger (the same story about Toyota also) and thanks @Woodsie888 I'd go to Siam Diesel, they found out that the o-ring in the turbo charger was broken and did the repair for not 1400 Baht - hope it'll be good now.

@Jitar as information, this 'old' Hilux doesn't have an intercooler unless you install one afterwards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. Toyota has replaced the seals and gaskets (twice) and it still leaks. They say it's OK to keep it like this but the oil drips are driving me crazy. I'll check out the Denso shop you mentioned on On Nut 77 since that is not far from my house. Thanks again! Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

sstuff3, did you go for the repair already?

Funny, I had exactly the same problem with my 2004 Tiger (the same story about Toyota also) and thanks @Woodsie888 I'd go to Siam Diesel, they found out that the o-ring in the turbo charger was broken and did the repair for not 1400 Baht - hope it'll be good now.

@Jitar as information, this 'old' Hilux doesn't have an intercooler unless you install one afterwards.

Hi Gomyway, sorry for the delayed response. I just returned from an extended trip to Korea. I haven't had it repaired yet but it is leaking from the front bottom of the turbine housing. How did your repair go? Solve the problem?

Yeah, I would hope they were too Woodsie but the leak persisting after Toyota changing the seals twice is a bit odd. Perhaps the OP could also give the area around the leak a good clean, drive for a while before getting a decent mechanic to have another look.

Jitar, I've had the engine cleaned several times but the leak persists. I guess I'll take it in to the shop on OnNut and see if they can help.

Quick update. I took the truck to Siam Diesel on Thursday and was told they do not have and cannot get the turbo parts for my truck since the engine was built in Japan and not Thailand. This May explain why Toyota told me they would have to order the new turbo (about 3-4 weeks). The Toyota dealer consistently tells me not to worry about it because the truck still runs good (just a small leak on the turbo) and the new turbo cost is more than 30k baht. There's got to be someone in Thailand that can fix this without having to buy a completely new turbo.