USA / Mexico Border Patrol: Man tried to smuggle Thai woman in suitcase

oakweb

Border Patrol officers stopped a 56-year-old man at the Port of Nogales on Dec. 30 and found a 48-year-old woman from Thailand

hiding underneath clothing in a suitcase in the back of the man's Honda SUV.

http://www.kpho.com/story/24384663/border-patrol-man-tried-to-smuggle-thai-woman-in-suitcase

post-6358-0-28839300-1389122085_thumb.jp

Edited by oakweb
  • Like 1

Thai woman turns up in Arizona, stuffed inside suitcase
By Coconuts Bangkok

suitcase.jpg?itok=t-cZ0IzP

ARIZONA: -- We know U.S. visas aren't easy to obtain, but there's got to be an easier way to bring your wife into the country.

Agents with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection discovered a 48-year-old Thai woman inside a suitcase while inspecting a Honda SUV entering the country at Nogales, Arizona from Mexico on Dec 30.

"Rarely do we see something like this. You can imagine the officers' surprise when they came upon this woman [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/01/08/thai-woman-turns-arizona-stuffed-inside-suitcase

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-01-08

Obviously not his wife.
As I understand it US visas are actually relatively easy to get; just marry an American.
They don't treat your foreign spouse like an adversary in my country.

Pro Tip:
That wasn't a news article. That was a verbose headline. Articles actually have follow up inormation in them.

Edited by BeforeTigers
  • Like 2

Phoenix man, 56, tries to smuggle Thai woman inside of a suitcase into the US from Mexico
US Customs and Border protection found 48-year-old Thai national zipped up inside a suitcase hidden on the back seat of a Honda SUV
The 56-year-old driver was trying to get back into the US from Mexico at the Port of Nogales border crossing in Arizona
Both are in custody
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

A 56-year-old Pheonix man has been arrested after authorities found a Thai woman stuffed inside his suitcase as part of a border smuggling attempt.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials said on Monday that officers stopped the man to inspect his Honda SUV at the Port of Nogales, the major Point of Entry in Arizona at the Mexico and United States border, according to ABC 15.

Customs and Border Patrol spokeswoman Edith Serrano said officers removed a suitcase in the back of the vehicle

Zipped up inside they found a 48-year-old Thai national.
She had attempted to hide underneath a pile of clothes.
Serrano said the man was turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement who is now handling the case.

The woman was also taken into custody.

Border patrol agents also stopped smugglers this past week from moving ammunition and drugs across the border, Serrano said.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2535514/Phoenix-man-56-arrested-trying-smuggle-Thai-woman-suitcase-US-Mexico.html

-- Daily Mail 2014-01-08

Assuming this was love and not some attempt to smuggle in cheap help for his restaurant, I feel for them both.

I too considered how to get my wife around the gestapo. I did not want to marry for a number of years due to her age and my previous divorce-caution.

After my not being able to live in my home country much for 7 years, we finally got her a legal tourist visa and after a couple seasons in NY we did make it all legal with marriage and then we had to deal with the A-holes again. If one was marginally respectful of laws and regulators before, you wouldd not be after dealing with them

• Like 2

Obviously not his wife.

As I understand it US visas are actually relatively easy to get; just marry an American.

They don't treat your foreign spouse like an adversary in my country.

Pro Tip:

That wasn't a news article. That was a verbose headline. Articles actually have follow up inormation in them.

They may be relatively easy to get but of the 4 friends that I have that married foreigners none were able to get there

spouse a visa in under 3.5 years. coffee1.gif

Each visa application is over or around $100 USD and non-refundable. I know an American in Thailand who's Thai wife has been unable to visit his family in the US. They've two sons, both born here and now both in schools here. He can take his sons to visit the US but so far has been unable to get his wife a visa. I don't think being married to an American makes obtaining US visas relatively easy.

From what I understand, the coyotes in Mexico are now mostly employees of the drug cartels. Coyotes are not at all cheap and they really don't care what happens to the people they're transporting once they've received their cash. Dead bodies of people left behind by coyotes are not unusual.

I wonder how she was discovered. Dogs or ex-ray . . . and I would have loved to seen the expression on the faces of those making the discovery.

If it was for love i really feel for this couple though , our govt;s are happy to send our loved ones to war but when you want to bring a partner for a holiday or to live ;? ........ NO , YOUR TOO POOR ! , A} But i have a job ;. Gov;t} " Doesn't pay enough, get a better one and a bigger house plus 20k in your bank" ! .........oh <deleted> !!,...........................what i can do for my country my ass !

• Like 1