High Dynamic Range (HDR)

MJP

Shag, HDR is your thing. You mange to use HDR to produce a natural image. Rare talent.

Thanks fella,I really do appreciate your kind feedback.

HDR is something that I like to play around with,a bit of a struggle sometimes trying to make something from the images out of

my old P&S camera.In the next couple of days my new camera should arrive and I am excited to get my hands on it.

I finally decided on a Alpha a6000 (stop sniggering tongue.png ) with standard 16-50mm and 55-210mm.

Good choice. 11fps and 179 phase detect AF points.

Sony are the World leaders now. It's just going to take a few of the old purists to leave the old dinosaurs in the attic and catch on. Waiting on the A7 MkII to see how that develops.

afpoints.jpg?v=2879

If there's one area that makes the a6000 stand out from the crowd, it's the camera's improved AF system. While the 25-point contrast detect part of the system remains the same, the number of phase-detect points has increased from 99 to 179 since the NEX-6. All of those extra phase detect points give you a much wider coverage area: roughly 92% of the frame, compared to around 50%. The benefit? A wider area that lets phase detection autofocus do what it does best: track moving subjects.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-alpha-a6000

Edited by MJP
  • Like 1

Shag, HDR is your thing. You mange to use HDR to produce a natural image. Rare talent.

HDR is something that I like to play around with,a bit of a struggle sometimes trying to make something from the images out of

my old P&S camera.In the next couple of days my new camera should arrive and I am excited to get my hands on it.

I finally decided on a Alpha a6000 (stop sniggering tongue.png ) with standard 16-50mm and 55-210mm.

Old P&S camera?

Your pulling our legs I hope.

Old P&S camera?

Your pulling our legs I hope.

Am afraid not rhythmworx,have been using a Panasonic DMCFX48 for the past few years.

(hope that I don't get scorned upon).Getting the a6000 will be a huge step up in the right direction for me.

BTW.....Am more of an arm twister than a leg puller smile.png

This was a puke test. I wanted to see how many of my tog friends down here in the tog forum threw up on exposure to these hideous images.

Seems it was just me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I agree. Looks like a badly pasteurized shot. I can't stand the effect. I get the same queasy feeling as you. Blech!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks ominous Shaggy...Great shot!

Thanks sunshine,although I think that the editing sotware should take thecredit for this shot and not me.Out of camera

it was a bit of a failiure due to a bad set up from me.

It was a beast of a storm,I had intially headed out to try and get a sunset photo but mother nature changed her mind

and gave me something else instead.Needless to say I didn't stay out for very long.On the ride back home I could feel

the storm chasing me,got back home with ony minutes to spare before the full force hit our home.

Did you, by chance, grab a shot of the storm slamming into your place?

We've been having some serious weather down here also but nothing as

dramatic looking as your pic. It's all shades of grey & grey/green for us

akin to washed out monochrome photos. Had a fury of a squall hit us

last nite with a wall of wind & stinging rain that was quite loud & scared

the mutts outta their wits...hence they all jumped on our bed and went

to sleep. Brave house defenders they be at times Shaggy! Put a UWA

on one of me cameras in case there is a neat squall or front coming in

but alas...it's all battleship grey & very uninspiring. Won't give up tho...

Did you, by chance, grab a shot of the storm slamming into your place?

I did have a go at taking a couple of shots of the storm but they came out pretty much as you described with yours.

Plus I had my ISO setting faaaaar to high and ended up with images that looked as though they had been taken

in a dust storm.Thankfully with the kind help of MJP I have reduced the maxium ISO level down to what my camera

can handle with that lens.

Here is one photo that I kinda managed to salvage.

post-126208-0-13718600-1412506208_thumb.

The water coming off the roof was like as if it was coming out of a power washer,shortly after that the guttering failed

due to the amount of water hitting the roof.......and then the trees began to go diagonal.

We were having a party at ours that night for the people that had helped with our home blessing party a few days

before........they was a few soggy people sat round the BBQ pots that night,but Barcardi and Lao Khao helped

dry them out. thumbsup.gif

No one with bicycle handle bars with the bike still connected, 2x 15" adjustable spanners, 10 swords, 2 MP 412 pistols or a 4 foot swordfish then?

Maybe they have gone soft over the years.

Good photos though and thanks for sharing.

^^^PS the above comment is not a negative one to you by any means, its just a comment based from other photos I have seen of the festival that were a bit more extreme. I am losing my sanity at the moment, but I will still retain respect for your photos.

Please excuse me.

Edited by rhythmworx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...