Transfering filles from a lenova laptop to an IdeaA1000 Tab

chiangrai

Hi,

Istarted a post last week on deciding what was the best thing to buy to play videos and music in my hotel room when I'm occasionally away overnight.

I didn't want to spend much money because I will be using it so little.We came to the conclusion that a cheap tablet would be the best.

I'm not high teck and am not interested in all the other features.I just want to transfer my music and video files

from my lenova laptop to my lenova Idea A1000 which I got in Tesco for 3990bht.

So can anybody talk me through how to take files from my Disk D on my laptop and copy them into my tablet and play them.

Thanks

Your tab has a micro-SD card slot.

1. Get a micro-SD card (up to 32GB), and a suitable adaptor to let you connect it to your PC (USB if your lappie doesn't have an SD slot).
  2. Copy the files to the SD card
  3. Put the SD card in your tab
  4. Watch. You may need to download one of the many video players in the app store to view your particular file format.
  • Like 1

O.k.

I'm not doing so bad considering my knowledge of technology.

I've got ES File Explorer on my tablets home page

I can transfer files from my laptop to there with a USB wire but some files will not play

I've got Google play on my tablets laptop.I open it and it asks me to sign in.

I already have a Google account.

I can't find the keyboard................................

I've found the keyboard but they keep telling me that I am using invalid characters.

What do they want,my email address [email protected] or am I to leave out the @gmail.com.

They are saying the same for my password but I am only using numbers and letters..

Every little thing is so difficult here on my own,I wish there was a 12 year old around.

• Like 1

As you have worked out, touching the box where you want to enter something brings up the keyboard. Use the up arrow and the ?123 key to display more characters. E-mail address is your full e-mail address. If you are still having trouble with your password then try opening the Play Store on your laptop. It may depend on how your laptop is set up but for me logging in to gmail means when I then go to the Play Store I am already logged in as it's just another branch of the Google eco-system. If you can get in to the Play Store that way then if you are not making an obvious error with your password on your tablet then maybe you need upper and lower case letters for your password or one of the letters you think you are using is one with a tilde or some other foreign language punctuation mark. VLC from the Play Store is the best one stop solution to enable you to play all your movies. ES File Explorer is good but if you would like something to display files more similar to a Windows system then an app called Computer is worth a look.

Edited by kkerry

Thanks very much guys for your help.

I'm into PLAY STORE on my laptop.

I searched FLV and I got a list of players including FLV video player

FlV player for android

FlV video player for

android.

MX player and two MX

codecs.

All saying FREE,so close but yet so far.Any idea on what to do next.

If VLC doesn't appear on your tablet then check to see you are logged in to the Play Store on your tablet. Experiment with VLC and MX and see which best suits your needs and make that one your default player. If at anytime you want to use a player that is not the default then long press on the file you wish to play and you will get a pop-up list of all your options to chose from.

Thanks mate ,

Can you tell me exactly which version of VLC I should download.

I've been checking the ones for androids and they have warnings that the version is unstable or only for hackers.

Do I need the version for androids or just the normal one,a link would be nice.

VLC for Android Beta is what we use on our phones and tablets. Works fine for me and I'm no hacker. I looked at the VLC developer website and it's what comes up when you search for an Android version so unless someone knows of a different VLC then try that, I don't think you will run into problems. It might say it is unstable but it's dated November so not some bleeding edge nightly build. VLC has always been a program continually updating since I first started using it. If it doesn't work for you then uninstall it, at worst all that will happen is it freezes your tablet so you would then just restart your tablet like you would a computer. I haven't had any problems with it and I'm just an average user.

Edited by kkerry

kkerry,

I got it ...........I bloody well got it .

Long story,I had to reset my Google password.

I had to realize that if you hold the letters c or o or a on the tablet laptop for more than a split second you get some thing they won't accept.

I then couldn't download from my laptop but could from my tablet.

It was a long night but now VLC is playing the files that the original players wouldn't.

Thanks for hanging in there with me mate.The simplest of things are so hard to figure out first time when you're on your own but now that I can install from Play store next time should be easy.

Thanks again.

If both devices have "bluetooth" you can transfer that way and dont need to buy anything.

Using blutooth to transfer Gbaits of data will take forever.

Copy from pc to sd card, or hook up tablet to a laptop, and use internal memory.