Cell Phone With Internet?

socialdev

I'm looking for a really good cell phone that has the small keyboard on it like the Palm Trio. It must have high speed internet and local email on it. I've looked at the Palm Trio but it has crappy browser. Can someone recommend a really good cell phone in Thailand that has good internet throughout the country? I don't mind paying a little extra for a good phone.

Thanks

I'm looking for a really good cell phone that has the small keyboard on it like the Palm Trio. It must have high speed internet and local email on it. I've looked at the Palm Trio but it has crappy browser. Can someone recommend a really good cell phone in Thailand that has good internet throughout the country? I don't mind paying a little extra for a good phone.

Thanks

I think that the EDGE network runs along Bangkok and part of the Eastern Seaboard - that will give you a high speedconnection - but outside that area you will only get up to 56K (and that will only be if you are very lucky).

Thanks

I think that the EDGE network runs along Bangkok and part of the Eastern Seaboard - that will give you a high speedconnection - but outside that area you will only get up to 56K (and that will only be if you are very lucky).

Thanks, can you recommend a cell phone model that is nice? Also, can you recommend a store in Bangkok to pick one up? I refuse to go to MBK for cell phones now. Too many used ones being sold as new! LOL

Thanks

id suggest you to get a O2 XDA IIs

i am using XDA II at the moment and am very happy with it.

Too many applications available for the pocket pc based pda.

XDA IIs has a small sliding keyboard, big screen, wifi (if you happen to be in a hotspot you can surf at broadband speeds), gprs (edge or not dunno) internet explorer - there are others too

I have the O2 XDAIIs...

very happy with it, although no edge capability. Decent browser (pocket explorer), and lots of software available...

Not very small obviously, but the included holder clips easily on your belt...

http://www.my-xda.com/xda2s.html

As there are newer models available now (although none with the keyboard) they dropped the price to around 25000 Baht.

My Nokia 9500 has ,Edge support, Wifi , bluetooth , and has full keyboard too. Has email client and fast webbrowser too. additionally i installed the opera mini ...which does it even faster..

Can't wish for much better....only thing it is a bit bulky for a Phone .Has also a great Battery Life which i am surprised about...

rcm :o

If you want a thumboard, your options are basically a HP Mobile Messenger (a pocket pc, a bit like a blackberry), the nokia 9XXX, various Palm Treos and the Blackberry. You can find all of them (except maybe the blackberry) in Pantip Plaza or Fortune IT Mall.

I've played with all of them and my favourite is the mobile messenger. It's fairly open platform in that you can use it with any email service you like, you aren't bound to a service agreement. It supports EDGE and has a built in GPS function and a nice colour screen. Download Agile Messenger and you can link into MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Google chat all at once.

I'm not saying its great though. I think the next generation of mobile messenging devices is going to be the one where they iron out all the bugs and ergonomic details...all the above still have a lot of shortcomings.

I have one of these and i'm very happy with it

http://www.welectronics.com/gsm/Sony_Ericsson_P910.html

PS internet browsing on a small device will always be a challenge simply because of screen size, the P910 has a full HTML browser, it has memory capability of 2GB at any one time, you can have full length movies mp3's photos etc on the memory card, you can have multiple cards so the memory is limitless

the link only covers ..Windows Mobile powered... it is not the complete range available or in my opinion the best choice

also note......pocket PC's or PDA's are OK for data usage but are not good phones, the SE 910 is probably the best all rounder and has been for some time

id suggest you to get a O2 XDA IIs

i am using XDA II at the moment and am very happy with it.

Too many applications available for the pocket pc based pda.

XDA IIs has a small sliding keyboard, big screen, wifi (if you happen to be in a hotspot you can surf at broadband speeds), gprs (edge or not dunno) internet explorer - there are others too

i have the vodafone imate xda 11 and my husband has the o2 otek s 100 tried to use the email and internet function when we were in thailand last year wouldn't work (works ok in uk) are we doing something wrong or not doing something we should? what should we be doing? we have read the instructions but i need someone to tell me in a step by step way. (yes before you ask i am a dumb blonde, and my husband has no hair :o )

thanks in anticipation

chez

If you are happy with the phone you have then I would wait a few months. Most of the main manufacturers are coming out with new/updated phones almost all will have qwerty keypads.

Motorola has the Q coming shortly which looks similar to the Crackberry, Nokia has the E61 which is also similar to the Crackberry but has the addition of wifi b and g with VIOP software, Samsung has another Crackberry offering and SonyEricsson has an update to the P910i, the P990 which has 3G, wifi, 2 cameras etc, HP has an updated Mobile Messenger still with the GPS but now running WM5, HTC/QTEK/IMATE have something coming soon but the name escapes me.

Also, they have started arguing over 3G licences in Thailand so it makes sense to keep your options open by going for the latest technology IMHO. :o