Chambers Network ESB at Dicey Reilly’s Pub Pattaya – Friday 17th January 2013

InspirePattaya

ms_5701.jpg

Welcome to the new Corporate Networking Year 2014!

Town & Country Property is sponsoring the 1st Joint BCCT/AMCHAM/AustCham/SATCC ESB Corporate Networking function of the year!

See you at the BAR!

Date: Friday 17th January 2014

Time: 18:30 21:00 (last round 20:30)

Venue: Dicey Reillys Pub @ Pattaya Marriott Resort and Spa!

Easy Parking: Royal Garden | The Avenue Shopping Center

Read More...

inspire-pattaya1.jpg

-- Inspire Pattaya 2013-1-9

Hope you have a successful event. I have to comment however that I took my wife to that establishment for Christmas Dinner (and had intended doing the same for New Year's Day). It was bitterly disappointing, whilst the food was excellent it was almost stone cold. What a pity...especially as it goes under the label of being an Irish Bar. If there's one thing I know about Irish people....it's that they like their dinner piping hot ....unless it's a salad of course. I normally wouldn't mention it here, only doing so because I was not asked during or after the meal if everything was alright.

Hope you have a successful event. I have to comment however that I took my wife to that establishment for Christmas Dinner (and had intended doing the same for New Year's Day). It was bitterly disappointing, whilst the food was excellent it was almost stone cold. What a pity...especially as it goes under the label of being an Irish Bar. If there's one thing I know about Irish people....it's that they like their dinner piping hot ....unless it's a salad of course. I normally wouldn't mention it here, only doing so because I was not asked during or after the meal if everything was alright.

This is my most common complaint in Thailand when eating out and it happens quite often. I don't know the reason behind it but assume that the meal is prepared and left to sit and with the Thai attitude of "it ain't my problem" by the chef or other wait staff, and it is not until you remind your wait staff that one ish has not been delivered that they go and look for it. Several times I have gotten up to go and look for my food and found it sitting on a counter with staff sitting around. If you complain the 'attitude' soon appears as your friendly Thai hates to be reminded that they have made a mistake.

that's a shame. I went there last year with a group of about 10 and it was spot on. Didn't go this year as my friend wanted to go somewhere else, which was rubbish by the way. Hopefully Marriott will read this and offer and explanation/compensation.

• Like 1

I went to the Centara Grand Plaza for Christmas dinner. Last year it was superb. This year it was truly atrocious. The turkey ham platter was as cold as the assistant food and beverage manageress we complained to. While we were disappointed by the food we were not disappointed by the typical disinterested Thai manner in which our complaints were dealt with. She hardly made eye contact while suggesting that we take up the matter with the manager the following day. I jokingly asked could she have the dinner platter heated up in a microwave oven and without a hint of embarrassment handed my plate to a waitress. The same waitress that minutes later handed me a bill for 5,000 Baht for two.

that's a shame. I went there last year with a group of about 10 and it was spot on. Didn't go this year as my friend wanted to go somewhere else, which was rubbish by the way. Hopefully Marriott will read this and offer and explanation/compensation.

I have already notified the GM there who is looking into the issue.