Missing Person in Thailand : what to do?

tirak66

I presume his Thai number is a mobile number? If so it could be your best way of finding the lost friend, with the help of the service provider. The question is why is he not answering calls? Have you opened a missing persons report at the police and embassy? If not why not?

HuaHin62 we have already considered to ask to the Thai provider of the phone I think somebody of the Italian Forun is already working on that.

The number is switched off now but the strange thing is that last summer the phone ringed once. Once only. After that switched off again and forever..

The Embassy has been asked by mail directly by one of his best friends. They answered they dont know anything about him. But the impression is that if the request came from a relative they would have checked better. May be it is necessary one of the friends go there personally.

To involve the Police I guess they need more information then those that we have just now, but after that the friends going to the Immigration Dpt of KK come back with an address and more details I think it will be possible to have their help

The police can check with immigration if he is still in the country. The mobile phone service provider can say when and where the phone was last used. The police can check for bank accounts and activity on this account(s). Did he own a vehicle/scooter ?

In a sort of related post, in the Aboriginal Culture of Native Australians, it's quite common for them to go 'walk-a-bout' ... to just disappear.

Usually, they're not walking 'away' from anything or anyone ... they are just walking.

They come back when they are ready, could be a week, a month or a year.

Little bit long way walk to town for a flagon bro.

• Like 1

If they wanted to contact you they would.

So, the search is being made on the unlikely event that:

1. They are in a coma and can't lift a finger to call or are on one of those ventilation machines and may need emotional support or help with hospital bills

2. Something unsavory has happened and you want to get even with the culprits

3. They have been stranded on a remote desert island and may be in need of rescue (like 'Gilligan's Island')

4. They are being held hostage by pirates and you want to help with the ransom

5. They went rock climbing alone and their arm got caught in a craggy peak, and they have a week or so before they have to cut off their arm.

6. ?

I appreciate your sarcasm ..but may be you forgot some points :

6) he committed suicide and his body still waits for a name..

7) he has been killed and his body put under the basement of his home. Somebody has bought a brand new car with his money and unpunished roams the streets of KK..

8) he lost his memory and put in some center more similar to a prison then to an hospital…

For all these reasons it would be nice to have an answer...

debt collector

You just could be right. Especially if the OP doesn't deny it. I had one searching for me here in LOS for 6 years.

To answer to Fullstop: People chasing people for money or interests make me sick….as I stated in my previous post there is any money involved in this story. It is only a story of a friendship, not mine with the missing party, but of my friends looking for him (that are his best friends). I’m not a detective, I’m not a debt collector. Up to you to believe me or not.

Why do people chasing people for money make you sick ?

Run from your debts and you deserve to be chased.

• Like 1

debt collector

You just could be right. Especially if the OP doesn't deny it. I had one searching for me here in LOS for 6 years.

To answer to Fullstop: People chasing people for money or interests make me sick….as I stated in my previous post there is any money involved in this story. It is only a story of a friendship, not mine with the missing party, but of my friends looking for him (that are his best friends). I’m not a detective, I’m not a debt collector. Up to you to believe me or not.

Why do people chasing people for money make you sick ?

Run from your debts and you deserve to be chased.

You are right....I mean people paid to punch people they dont even know...

• Like 1

The search has probably more to do with the posters own stuff, then the missing. The poster even admit they talked on a forum only and have never even met and is basically going off a forum exchange letters and what someone had said behind a computer screen.

I suspect hte poster is someone who wants to disappear on his own, but can't. Or is somehow projecting his fear and anxiety onto a penpal he has never even met.

Edited by donniereadit

The search has probably more to do with the posters own stuff, then the missing. The poster even admit they talked on a forum only and have never even met and is basically going off a forum exchange letters and what someone had said behind a computer screen.

I suspect hte poster is someone who wants to disappear on his own, but can't. Or is somehow projecting his fear and anxiety onto a penpal he has never even met.

Donniereadit your Freudian supposition is simply crazy (but funny I admit..). Sometimes the reality is much more simple then you can imagine and I would like that for a moment you could realize the facts are as I told.. Write to me privately and I will give you all the evidence (Italian Forum) related to this vanishing. Of course you have to translate from Italian. In that debate I’m not the protagonist, cause as I told you the search was not opened by me but by one of the best friend of the missing person, a friend of me that was talking to the missing frequently by skype, until the disappearance

And It is not important whether I am or not a close friend of him ... I have already explained the dynamics of group from which it was born this search. May be my English is a bit more understandable of others of group, then I can write here..

I think that to have an answer when almost certainly it happened one of the hypotheses that I have indicated, is a human duty not towards the relatives (who are not) or towards his best friends that guide the search, but towards the same missing person

However, everyone is free to help or not, to agree or not…. On this thread at the end, a polemical aspect prevails.

Therefore I kindly ask the Administrators if they can close it.

Who really wants give insights to help can write privately. Thanks to everyone, including those who have civilly criticized (Dionniereadit included) this initiative cause, however, has provided food for thought