More candle lighting sessions to block Bangkok shutdown

webfact

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the "white" group "RESPECT MY VOTE"?

haha...

Respect my vote in the name of....democracy?

Or in the name of...TS?

The poor lady in the video has no idea. She really thought they want election in the name of true democracy.

red=white

white=red

So you imply that Thaksin organized those candlelight protest?

haha...

Or in the name of...TS?

The poor lady in the video has no idea. She really thought they want election in the name of true democracy.

red=white

white=red

I will suggest people to do their own csi.

Hahaha! RESPECT MY "VOTE" TS!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=611263622273665&set=a.594396647293696.1073741833.100001700985620&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203077191028364&set=a.1565708860327.74165.1163552024&type=1&theater

• Like 1

haha...

Or in the name of...TS?

red=white

white=red

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=611263622273665&set=a.594396647293696.1073741833.100001700985620&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203077191028364&set=a.1565708860327.74165.1163552024&type=1&theater

Ok thanks for your impartial pictures smile.png

Remember that everyone have right to protest, not just the side you like wink.png

As I believe the most of protesters that we saw since November are spontaneous and believe in their ideas. I see the same way also this protest. But you can turn it as it is convenient for your views.

Maybe you should prove that candle protesters are really paid by Thaksin, but let's pass on it.

End of discussion, at least by my side...

Let's hope tomorrow will not be a disaster.

Edited by newcomer71
  • Like 1

Respect my vote has probably done more damage to Suthep's campaign than anything in recent weeks. That, plus the candle lighting meetings and white baloons are bound to help Yingluck and her PTP regain the moral high ground.

That's really funnycheesy.gif Yingluck and PTP regain the moral high ground cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

So glad you know what your talking about!giggle.gif

This comment by Spalpeen is probably the best that I have seen in the weeks since this political crisis started.

The person who has failed most in all these weeks of argument and demonstrations is Abhisit. He has shown himself to be lazy, unimaginative and incapable of decisive political decision-making. He has hidden behind the rabble-rousing Suthep, the two of them playing a kind of nice-cop, nasty cop routine. Mr Abhisit evidently failed to learn anything about democracy at Oxford, and perhaps should go back for a refresher course. In the meantime his class-mate Boris Johnson, the Mayor of London, England, is showing enlightened conservatives how they should do their job (even though he sometimes puts foot in mouth) in terms of winning votes by doing what most of the voters want most of the time.

Going back a few years, Mr Thaksin also knew what it takes.

It ain't rocket science.

Surely I wouldn't agree. That's how democracy works. It may not be perfect but anyone who doesn't like it gets their say every four years at the election. What the anti-Democrat party should have been doing for the last two years is their homework. Work out which are the marginal constituencies and target them. Go there, kiss babies, convince people that Thaksin is a villain and above all show respect to the rural people instead of constantly saying they are too stupid to vote (see tedious 500 baht comment above). Put forward some candidates with a local Isaan background instead of English public schoolboys like Abhisit. But that's a lot of hard work, so instead they aren't going to bother standing, and instead hope that if they whinge enough and wreck the economy of Bangkok, then the army will hand them government house on a plate.

Beneath contempt.

Which only goes to show how much you both know. I doubt a democrat would have been able to go into red shirt country and campaign against Thaksin and get out alive if not severely beaten! Such is the divide in the country! And I think you'll find PTP have done a pretty successful job of ruining the economy before Suthep even got started.

And Suthep resigned from the Democrat Party before he started his citizens coup. The Dems resigned from government. Abhisit doesn't need to add his voice or make any comments as he and the democrats are no longer in government opposition, Even comparing the UK political system with that of Thailand may show how much understanding you have of the political system in Thailand. I think also you will find that Abhisit has not said that northern voters are too stupid to vote.

So try to get your facts right before you spout this rubbish

Edited by ggold

At last, real students doing what students throughout the World do - supporting the right to vote and defending democracy.

A change from those middle-aged thugs that Suthep passes off as "students", hell bent on fighting, shooting and looting, in between beating up taxi drivers, that is!

"Respect my vote" will be the slogan that saves Thailand from slipping down into the cesspit of fascism, Suthep style.

So it would be better to have the fascism of Thaksin if PTP had been able to rewrite the constitution their way! I guess we shall see how the students react come Monday, whether they will still be peaceful or not! Frankly some look too young to vote!

IMO, while the "Respect my vote" is a clever slogan to use, I feel it is aimed at the international community for political reasons. Why aren't the slogans in Thai, because PTP are desperately trying to prove they are democratic to the international community.

• Like 1

At last, real students doing what students throughout the World do - supporting the right to vote and defending democracy.

A change from those middle-aged thugs that Suthep passes off as "students", hell bent on fighting, shooting and looting, in between beating up taxi drivers, that is!

"Respect my vote" will be the slogan that saves Thailand from slipping down into the cesspit of fascism, Suthep style.

So it would be better to have the fascism of Thaksin if PTP had been able to rewrite the constitution their way! I guess we shall see how the students react come Monday, whether they will still be peaceful or not! Frankly some look too young to vote!

IMO, while the "Respect my vote" is a clever slogan to use, I feel it is aimed at the international community for political reasons. Why aren't the slogans in Thai, because PTP are desperately trying to prove they are democratic to the international community.

post-187258-0-71637200-1389508051_thumb.

post-187258-0-08333000-1389508057_thumb.

post-187258-0-13051300-1389508062_thumb.

post-187258-0-04365900-1389508063_thumb.

Watch out tomorrow at 7pm. There will be a big fight at Patumwan intersection.

Reason: The white is here 1st (nightly at 7pm for the last 2 weeks) , but the yellow will be moving here in their millions (new Suthep HQ) effective 13-Jan.

haha...

Or in the name of...TS?

red=white

white=red

Remember that everyone have right to protest, not just the side you like wink.png

As I believe the most of protesters that we saw since November are spontaneous and believe in their ideas. I see the same way also this protest. But you can turn it as it is convenient for your views.

Maybe you should prove that candle protesters are really paid by Thaksin, but let's pass on it.

I have never mentioned other people have no right to protest. Did i?

They of course have the right to vote for Thaksin.

When you ask me a question earlier, I have not answer to you directly.

I have expected your argument.

Maybe you should PROVE that candle protesters are really paid by Thaksin, but let's pass on it.

I would agree with you on the last part, let's hope tomorrow will not be a disaster.

It's getting more colorful as days goes by.

Red, yellow, black, White whistling.gifclap2.gifdrunk.gif

attachicon.gif0001.jpg

attachicon.gif0002.jpg

attachicon.gif0003.jpg

attachicon.gif0004.jpg

OK so Sutheps group are doing the same. Still proves my point wai2.gif

Maybe you should PROVE that candle protesters are really paid by Thaksin, but let's pass on it.

I would agree with you on the last part, let's hope tomorrow will not be a disaster.

You did reply me. wink.png Not directly but quite explicitly.

By the way. I tend to respect everyone's opinion, as long as they will not become violent and disrupting other people life.

Living and working in Bangkok, next days will be really hard for me and every other people, Thai or foreigner, that will be influenced by this nonsense.

I don't know if the White receive 500 Baht each from Thaksin or not. But viewing the evident presented, maybe certain individuals (like the old man that caused the scene) are. Just my specious.

You did reply me. wink.png Not directly but quite explicitly.

By the way. I tend to respect everyone's opinion, as long as they will not become violent and disrupting other people life.

Living and working in Bangkok, next days will be really hard for me and every other people, Thai or foreigner, that will be influenced by this nonsense.

And I love their slogan very much.

RESPECT MY VOTE!

guitar.gifpost-4641-1156694083.giflicklips.gif

Shame this didn't start sooner as it may have gathered real momentum

Good to see people as a group making their voice heard

without someone else doing it for them and only doing it there way.

I think people will latch onto this after the Shutdown.

I hope a true voice that represents the people comes forward.

Thai Politics

Definition of Insanity

Doing the Same thing over and over again and expecting a different result

Schoolyard stuff

Indeed they should have started earlier, I'd say that about the time Yingluck's campaign was runing under the slogan Thaksin Things Phuea Thai Does, it doesn't seem very respectful of voters and democracy to ask people to vote for one person while another receives the power.

They could have also started asking to have their votes respected when PTP used them to advance their own corrupt agendas, as illegally issuing a passport to Thaksin, or buying 65.000 Baht wall clocks, or displaying zero transparency as the billions sunk and sunk into the Rice Scheme, or when PTP hijacked the Amnesty Bill to whitewash Thaksin and 25.000 acts of corruption (the man who made the changes gave as a reason, and I'm not making this up, that he met Thaksin in Hong Kong and he told him he wanted to come home), etc, etc...

Yes, all those and many more would had been a good starting point to begin a campaign of "Respect my vote"; now that PTP finds itself in a self inflected intractable situation, "spontaneously" they want their civic rights respected.

It is good that other Thai citizens to voice out their opinions and of course people also have to respect their votes.

Therefore they encouraged to deal in a non-violent peaceful way and also urge all parties to search for a true democracy.

They are much appreciated but they have to beware of other color party who is always in the disguise and misuse in the name democracy.

Nevertheless I love their slogan.

RESPECT MY VOTE!

clap2.gifpassifier.gifpost-4641-1156694083.gif

Poor girl, someone invited her to this group to ask for peace and true democracy. Things went wrong, not the kind of "democracy" as she thought.

cheesy.gif

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203085181828129&set=a.1565708860327.74165.1163552024&type=1&theater

Edited by Smokemachine

The only change to the constitution that PTP tried to make was to make the entire Senate elected. Hardly fascist to me. All this vitriol thrown at Thaksin is just so much hogwash. He may be a crook, but then he would only have been following the traditions of decades of PMs of ALL parties, but he has never advocated a one-party state, the abolition of the monarchy, the scrapping of elections or denying the vote to southerners or anyone else. But, as they say, tell a lie often enough and the gullible will believe it to be true.

• Like 1

The 'respect my vote' slogan came from the guy who blew a whistle at Kuhn Abhisit. Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice.

Welcome to Wonderland, a land we are all wondering about.

You mean this guy?

Yes this guy.

Obvious enough that he is linked to Thaksin HIMSELF.

Watch out tomorrow at 7pm. There will be a big fight at Patumwan intersection.

Reason: The white is here 1st (nightly at 7pm for the last 2 weeks) , but the yellow will be moving here in their millions (new Suthep HQ) effective 13-Jan.

I think you have a typo there, "millions" should surely mean "minions", right?

• Like 1

The only change to the constitution that PTP tried to make was to make the entire Senate elected. Hardly fascist to me. All this vitriol thrown at Thaksin is just so much hogwash. He may be a crook, but then he would only have been following the traditions of decades of PMs of ALL parties, but he has never advocated a one-party state, the abolition of the monarchy, the scrapping of elections or denying the vote to southerners or anyone else. But, as they say, tell a lie often enough and the gullible will believe it to be true.

Indeed, well lets not forget the amnesty bill! though it sounds like you don't have a problem with corrupt governments, which might be equally important. But I think you also forgot or maybe just didn't know, that Thaksin is on record as saying "Democracy is not the aim" Or is that more vitriol thrown at Thaksin?

Its all very well taking sides or preferring one colour to the other, but at least be prepared to admit when you are wrong, and try to recognise that maybe the party you support is not as clean as you might like to think!

Indeed, well lets not forget the amnesty bill! though it sounds like you don't have a problem with corrupt governments, which might be equally important. But I think you also forgot or maybe just didn't know, that Thaksin is on record as saying "Democracy is not the aim" Or is that more vitriol thrown at Thaksin?

Its all very well taking sides or preferring one colour to the other, but at least be prepared to admit when you are wrong, and try to recognise that maybe the party you support is not as clean as you might like to think!

...which would be every government before him and whatever it is, that Suthep is planing...

haha...

Or in the name of...TS?

red=white

white=red

The pictures in the first FB link are not of the same guy. Someone totally different. As for the rest, yes, I'm sure it's true that the white shirts are mostly red sympathizers (for now). It's also true that Nattawud etc are wearing white or normal clothes, but so what? If the other side was doing this, it'd be hailed as an attempt to "reach out". Remember the multicolours in 2010, mostly PAD supporters lead by a hardcore royalist but some moderates joined them as well.

Even the girl in the video that was attacked by idiot Thaksin lovers who didn't understand her sign was part of the anti-LM campaign. But decent people in the video helped her and it all ended peacefully. Obviously there will be hardcore TS fans there like the clowns shouting at her, but many are not.

The 'respect my vote' slogan came from the guy who blew a whistle at Kuhn Abhisit. Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice.

Welcome to Wonderland, a land we are all wondering about.

You mean this guy?

Yes this guy.

Obvious enough that he is linked to Thaksin HIMSELF.

No, he isn't. At all.

haha...

Or in the name of...TS?

red=white

white=red

The pictures in the first FB link are not of the same guy. Someone totally different. As for the rest, yes, I'm sure it's true that the white shirts are mostly red sympathizers (for now). It's also true that Nattawud etc are wearing white or normal clothes, but so what? If the other side was doing this, it'd be hailed as an attempt to "reach out". Remember the multicolours in 2010, mostly PAD supporters lead by a hardcore royalist but some moderates joined them as well.

Even the girl in the video that was attacked by idiot Thaksin lovers who didn't understand her sign was part of the anti-LM campaign. But decent people in the video helped her and it all ended peacefully. Obviously there will be hardcore TS fans there like the clowns shouting at her, but many are not.

Anti-LM?? ermm.gif huh.png

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203085181828129&set=a.1565708860327.74165.1163552024&type=1&theater