Protest leader Suthep stresses non-violent 'Bangkok shutdown'

webfact

Suthep is craving violence because he understands it is the only thing that will lead to a coup.

I think you're wrong in your opinion. He doesn't want violence, he want's Yingluck out and with out a coup. You could sensibly argue that he wants the backing of the military to further isolate and pressure Yingluck to step down. However; a coup would behoove the PTP to a far greater degree. They could then postulate to the world that they were a legitimate government overthrown by the military.

"the world" knows that this is a legitimate government , I don't understand what you try to state , Oh, yes, your a yellow.. sorry.

Strictly speaking that should be 'the world thinks it knows and couldn't care less anyway'.

Greetings,

mijzelf

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I understand, Suthep said he had 5.8 million in his last big march and now he expects 4-5 hundred thousand?

Is this a case of under promise and over deliver ? or are his numbers going down ? tongue.png

At this point we are receiving daily assurances from the PDRC that the protest will be peaceful, as well as daily counter-assurances from the Yingluck administration to prepare for violence. It is clear that the administration is far more threatened by the prospect of a peaceful protest than a violent one, which further underscores what appears to be the intent of the administration to confront the protesters. The preparations for the peaceful protest appear to be very detailed, as well as to take into account the ugly reality of the overnight sniper fire attacks on them. They clearly are not going to allow the people on the street - who it should be noted, are the people of Thailand - to be victims of vigilantism. The people who need protection are the protesters, not the legions upon legions of fully armed riot police. In terms of this suddenly invented law that it is somehow illegal to have a gathering of at least ten people, I suppose Thida ought to be worried. Her rallies contain at least ten people.

I think Suthep has to keep pushing the peaceful angle. When dealing with the amount of people he is leading there is bound to be some bad apples in the barrel. Not to mention some who normally rear red shirts. Has Theda asked her thugs to leave their weapons at home?smile.png

Yes there are some honest people in the red shirts.coffee1.gif

Meanwhile another arm of Sutheps Ruling Elite - the Criminal Court, refuses to support the DSI in arresting the ringleaders - instructing the DSI to issue more summonses, thus playing for the time they all hope, for the coup that they want.

Great quoting the press about the "ruling elite". So the elite is 11.433.762 Thais?? !!clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Stop believing all you hear and look for the truth in the numbers:

Very large constituencies with large numbers of voters would give one party only one seat (These they changed and were Democratic strongholds) much smaller constituencies, with much fewer people were divided up in several constituencies with one seat each. This means that even when people did not vote a 100% for the TRT they would still have a "glorious victory" over the Democrats. It was all made to match the TRT.

In numbers: The TRT and Dems had respectively: 15,744,190 and 11,433,762 people vote for them. A difference in % of the population of resp. (TRT, Dems) 48.41% and 35.15%. (say 13%) This was NOT reflected in the seats in Parliament by the self dividing rule of the TRT who changed the constituencies. (TRT/ Dems) 265 seats against 159 seats or in seats 106 (!!). If this had been in the range of anything like 225 to 196 this would have been a fair and acceptable result. (the difference being about 13%) or in seats 29. STOP talking about the elite and the poor. IT's nonsense. It's about fairness and each group getting a fair share of government. And yes, in the end agreeing with each other to rule this country justly and fairly would be the solution.

This trick is known as Gerrymandering. But has it really occurred in this case?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerrymandering

The recent Australian election was won by 6.9M to 6.0M votes. Resulting in a margin of 90 to 55 lower house seats.

By your logic the winners of that election deserved 53.5% of the seats - or a margin of 78 to 67 if you round up in their favor.

May we therefore conclude that elections in Australia are significantly less "fair" than those in Thailand?

Note also that the only real revisions made to the electoral system in recent times were made by Mr. Abhisit. In both 2007 and 2011 the number of proportionately elected MPs was increased (from 0 to 80 and then to 125), a move that advantages minority parties.

But perhaps I'm wrong. Do you have a link to a site showing that some electorates are significantly larger than others?

Edited by cocopops

Folks, don't get carried away by the government propaganda!

OF COURSE they do paint the protesters in the worst possible colours, of course they tell us all hell will brake loose on Monday and of course they tell us a few bad guys will completely bring OUR (!) lives to a stand still. C'mon on, get real!

Bangkok is a city of approx. 13 million people and exists of more than just Sukhumvit, SIlom and a few more roads. So it only takes a little brains to find ways around the hotspots. Let's not forget how congested Bangkok is on a regular working day. Hey, remember Taksin telling us (back in the last century) that he will get rid of the gridlock within six months? Yeah, sure... and tomorrow everybody will be a millionaire.

Suthep and the demonstrators do not want to hassle YOU, they want to show, that the government is no more in command of what is going on in Thailands' capital. They want to shut down government installations, not us! So for the better of this country, keep cool instead of being taken for a ride by the government's propaganda & spin doctors. We have survived so many coups and other problems here (remember, when the Reds occupied some part of the city?), we will survive this coming days and maybe a few more as well. Get enough cash, get your car/bike filled up and get your mobile filled up as well, if it's a prepaid one.

And look forward to another day in YOUR live.

Sam

Yes they do not want no hussle, just occupy a couple of intersections that can be easily avoided and wave their flags for a couple of minutes or hours.

Wait, wait... they actually said they wanted to paralyze Bangkok, shut it down, that is what they want, don't they?

Edited by JHenry

"Anti-government protesters will strictly adhere to non-violent and unarmed demonstrations"

Didn't work out at Phutam Thani very well...seems both sides have cells the "brains" can't control..it's like political Parkinson's on both sides...

But, it is only Friday. His promise was for Monday, when things, of course, will be w a y different. Yeah. Right. Sure.

Resume rants...

At this point we are receiving daily assurances from the PDRC that the protest will be peaceful, as well as daily counter-assurances from the Yingluck administration to prepare for violence. It is clear that the administration is far more threatened by the prospect of a peaceful protest than a violent one, which further underscores what appears to be the intent of the administration to confront the protesters. The preparations for the peaceful protest appear to be very detailed, as well as to take into account the ugly reality of the overnight sniper fire attacks on them. They clearly are not going to allow the people on the street - who it should be noted, are the people of Thailand - to be victims of vigilantism. The people who need protection are the protesters, not the legions upon legions of fully armed riot police. In terms of this suddenly invented law that it is somehow illegal to have a gathering of at least ten people, I suppose Thida ought to be worried. Her rallies contain at least ten people.

The people who need protection are the protesters ?????? Yinluck 'administration urges to prepare for violence ?????

Where did you get this, the protesters don't even know why they are out there, they only follow the bastard Suthep, half of them are Muslims, same as there master, beware for what's coming up ..... The only one who needs protection could be the farangs..

Suthep is Muslim? I didn't know that. Maybe that is why Kuwait and Suadi Arabia have told their people to stay away from Thailand....interesting.

"Anti-government protesters will strictly adhere to non-violent and unarmed demonstrations"

Didn't work out at Phutam Thani very well...seems both sides have cells the "brains" can't control..it's like political Parkinson's on both sides...

But, it is only Friday. His promise was for Monday, when things, of course, will be w a y different. Yeah. Right. Sure.

Resume rants...

Pathum Thani was just an isolated incident.

The Yellow have to carry guns to protect themselves from the red.

It was unfortunate that the red got violence, hence the yellow have to shoot 3 of them (the student included).

It will not repeat.

The yellow said they were sorry.

Edited by spare5

We don't care what you say Suthep but don't take us hostage for your political gain! You go shut down anything but not public places Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well said, and in other words "We don't care what you say Suthep but don't do what Thaksin did and pay mercenaries to hold the city to ransom for 3 months, fire live rounds and grenades at the army to provoke a response, refuse to leave the city even when your demands were met, cause the deaths of 90 people, and set fire to government buildings and shopping centers."...................................If you don't do these things, it will be ok. biggrin.png

Not sure I understand, Suthep said he had 5.8 million in his last big march and now he expects 4-5 hundred thousand?

Is this a case of under promise and over deliver ? or are his numbers going down ? tongue.png

Anyone can fiddle figures to make their point. Including yourself. Doubt if too many people would take any notice of Suthep's estimate (if he did actually make such an outlandish statement) or your comment for that matter. thumbsup.gif

We don't care what you say Suthep but don't take us hostage for your political gain! You go shut down anything but not public places Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well said, and in other words "We don't care what you say Suthep but don't do what Thaksin did and pay mercenaries to hold the city to ransom for 3 months, fire live rounds and grenades at the army to provoke a response, refuse to leave the city even when your demands were met, cause the deaths of 90 people, and set fire to government buildings and shopping centers."...................................If you don't do these things, it will be ok. biggrin.png

Yes true, I like your point yes people should live forward without pointing at each other's past mistakes. If they do like what others said & done in the past then I see no difference in ether group. Only difference is the team they are on otherwise they are using same tongue, same tactics, doing same old thing that's killing each other & burning down the city, not letting others live normal life & shutting down government offices with kind of job how can they claim to be better then the other because they do exactly the same as other group... So no group or no color seems to do any good all is to destroy the country & rob others off from their normal life!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Suthep is craving violence because he understands it is the only thing that will lead to a coup.

I think you're wrong in your opinion. He doesn't want violence, he want's Yingluck out and with out a coup. You could sensibly argue that he wants the backing of the military to further isolate and pressure Yingluck to step down. However; a coup would behoove the PTP to a far greater degree. They could then postulate to the world that they were a legitimate government overthrown by the military.

"the world" knows that this is a legitimate government , I don't understand what you try to state , Oh, yes, your a yellow.. sorry.

Of course they are legitimate, they have the receipts for the votes they bought to prove it.

That is clearly ridiculous they are criminals all of them. It's all funded by an Elite family no doubt. What they want is easy access to the peoples money. They do not seem to care about anything else.

It's always the same story when a Thai government gets elected democratically the Elite, Royalist and hi-so want the government out and the Amy in because that is when the seem to rob out Thailand's assets the most.

Is this a case of under promise and over deliver ? or are his numbers going down ? 20x20xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.HP_JpdOU4y width=20 alt=tongue.png pagespeed_url_hash=3761137055>

Anyone can fiddle figures to make their point. Including yourself. Doubt if too many people would take any notice of Suthep's estimate (if he did actually make such an outlandish statement) or your comment for that matter. thumbsup.gif alt=thumbsup.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1443177670 width=25 height=19>

In 2010 the reds weren't any better at counting. Any Thai protest will include exaggerated claims. Can't fault him since he is borrowing heavily from the red playbook. Don't worry they'll get their chance for counter demonstrations soon.

Its obvious that the yellows, or some branch of them, need to instigate violence to initiate a coup, and have the military reinstall a goverment to their liking.

Unfortunatelly, violence is the only card the yellows have left.

Not really, it takes very little to jam up an intersection, it happens daily when one <deleted> ignores the lights and ten follow him. Many organisations have decided to close for a week anyway.

Fifty one percent of any population isn't a mandate to pee on the other forty nine percent, so I agree with you, marshal law is the only answer in such a stuation. It is like the referee stepping in only when a boxer starts biting the opponents ear after he has been punched below the belt.

Its obvious that the yellows, or some branch of them, need to instigate violence to initiate a coup, and have the military reinstall a goverment to their liking.

Unfortunatelly, violence is the only card the yellows have left.

No Mister Moooan.

The PDRC has many cards and I am sure they will all fall into place.

Peacefully.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The only people who want a coup are the PTP

The reds and PDRC don't want one

The army doesn't want one

Yeah ok I'm gonna seize a major city, capital of Thailand and disrupt the lives of millions of people but I don't want to see any violence. Yeah ok Suthep.......GET A LIFE !!!!!!!

They did it before. Learn your history

The reds, on the other hand....

Who the f does this guy think he is? Ghandi?

What a moron, really. Look Suthep, people are going to die, because if you! Because you can't accept a democratically elected leader. People will die because of this. Deal with it. F idiot I really can't take it. People will also be stuck in traffic and many other things because of you Suthep, up to and including losing their jobs/profits I am sure. People need to deal with the consequences of their actions, and not just say "don't be violent" in an attempt to put a cherry on the top of a bomb (yes I just made that up, and have no idea what it means either :))

Edited by isawasnake

Don't believe Suthep when says he wants no violence.

He needs it in order to give the military an excuse to make a coup.

He is positioning himself, as carefully as he can to make it look like he or his follwers did not instigate anything.

A red shirt frame would be perfect.

Its game over for him or his follwers if they get caught starting the bloodshed.

I used to have an African grey. Had to leave him in the UK.

He had a wider repertoire than you

• Like 1

Who the f does this guy think he is? Ghandi?

What a moron, really. Look Suthep, people are going to die, because if you! Because you can't accept a democratically elected leader. People will die because of this. Deal with it. F idiot I really can't take it.

Wow! Please calm down. People die every day. Nobody will die unless there's intervention by the reds or a "third hand'.

Nice of you to compare him with Gandhi, makes a change from the boring Hitler references.

Yeah ok I'm gonna seize a major city, capital of Thailand and disrupt the lives of millions of people but I don't want to see any violence. Yeah ok Suthep.......GET A LIFE !!!!!!!

They did it before. Learn your history

The reds, on the other hand....

So if there have been criminals disrupting other people lives one time, now your team have to score 1-1?

Fantastic,

Reading through the pages of this topic it amazes me how those red inclined can come to the conclusions they do.

For instance how can a coup possibly benefit Suphep ?

In case of a coup do you really believe the army would install him in any position of power ?

Not a chance, they would lock him up along with the shin gang, those who haden't fled the country.

A coup would start a war with the armed faction of the reds and here is only one person who could benefit from that, or thinks he could, by coming back as the great peacemaker and savior.

There would be a good chance those in the south would chime in as well leading to complete devastation throughout the country.

Suthep knows it, the army knows it and they have no intention of letting it happen. There is only one who wants it and he is well out of harms way.

How could it possibly benefit Suthep to arrange to have his own people shot at ?

He wants to get as many people out on street for the shutdown as possible, how can shootings that instill fear in those who may want to go, by making it dangerous to be there, achieve that ?

There is only one side that can benefit from a low turnout and they may think that trying to scare people off is the way to do it.

What is the point of having an election if it cant possibly achieve the result of a government being formed?

Only one answer, Yingluck step down and take some of her worst offenders with her, then take the EC advice and hold an election in May.

And in the interim get stuck into formulating reform plans.

Reading through the pages of this topic it amazes me how those red inclined can come to the conclusions they do.

For instance how can a coup possibly benefit Suphep ?

In case of a coup do you really believe the army would install him in any position of power ?

Not a chance, they would lock him up along with the shin gang, those who haden't fled the country.

A coup would start a war with the armed faction of the reds and here is only one person who could benefit from that, or thinks he could, by coming back as the great peacemaker and savior.

There would be a good chance those in the south would chime in as well leading to complete devastation throughout the country.

Suthep knows it, the army knows it and they have no intention of letting it happen. There is only one who wants it and he is well out of harms way.

How could it possibly benefit Suthep to arrange to have his own people shot at ?

He wants to get as many people out on street for the shutdown as possible, how can shootings that instill fear in those who may want to go, by making it dangerous to be there, achieve that ?

There is only one side that can benefit from a low turnout and they may think that trying to scare people off is the way to do it.

What is the point of having an election if it cant possibly achieve the result of a government being formed?

Only one answer, Yingluck step down and take some of her worst offenders with her, then take the EC advice and hold an election in May.

And in the interim get stuck into formulating reform plans.

I will not debate the beginning of your post because the possibilities are infinite.

But for your last Q/A.

RT@BPbreakingnews: PDRC: Election postponement pointless

live forward don't go back to your trash bin!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand