Protest leader Suthep stresses non-violent 'Bangkok shutdown'

webfact

I for one think a solid beating is the lest these yellow fascists deserve. May it rain m16 fire on then all Sent from my Lenovo A516 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yellow??

(Edited to avoid wasting space by repeating images showing Thai people waving Thai Flags wearing all kinds of colour clothes including yellow)

Are you the only person in Thailand not to realise admit the PAD involvement in these rallies?

Edited by fab4

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nickymaster, you always take a half page with your brainwashed propaganda pictures . A bit boring. Much better if use them to your walls as wallpaper.

Edited by Loles

The army is 95% red.only the useless generals are yellow Sent from my Lenovo A516 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So, the useless generals are yellow. I suppose the competent ones are neutral, or would they be purple or some other color? Are you completely sure about the 95% figure? Sounds like an estimate. I would have expected something like 1.3% rather than a nice multiple of 5.

Folks, don't get carried away by the government propaganda!

OF COURSE they do paint the protesters in the worst possible colours, of course they tell us all hell will brake loose on Monday and of course they tell us a few bad guys will completely bring OUR (!) lives to a stand still. C'mon on, get real!

Bangkok is a city of approx. 13 million people and exists of more than just Sukhumvit, SIlom and a few more roads. So it only takes a little brains to find ways around the hotspots. Let's not forget how congested Bangkok is on a regular working day. Hey, remember Taksin telling us (back in the last century) that he will get rid of the gridlock within six months? Yeah, sure... and tomorrow everybody will be a millionaire.

Suthep and the demonstrators do not want to hassle YOU, they want to show, that the government is no more in command of what is going on in Thailands' capital. They want to shut down government installations, not us! So for the better of this country, keep cool instead of being taken for a ride by the government's propaganda & spin doctors. We have survived so many coups and other problems here (remember, when the Reds occupied some part of the city?), we will survive this coming days and maybe a few more as well. Get enough cash, get your car/bike filled up and get your mobile filled up as well, if it's a prepaid one.

And look forward to another day in YOUR live.

Sam

Thanks for the sensible words.

Suthep is craving violence because he understands it is the only thing that will lead to a coup.

I think you're wrong in your opinion. He doesn't want violence, he want's Yingluck out and with out a coup. You could sensibly argue that he wants the backing of the military to further isolate and pressure Yingluck to step down. However; a coup would behoove the PTP to a far greater degree. They could then postulate to the world that they were a legitimate government overthrown by the military.

"However; a coup would behoove the PTP to a far greater degree. They could then postulate to the world that they were a legitimate government overthrown by the military."

Conversely, without a coup, PTP will be able to postulate to the world that they ARE a legitimate government that was NOT overthrown by the military. There is no benefit to PTP from a coup.

Nickymaster, you always take a half page with your brainwashed propaganda pictures . A bit boring. Much better if use them to your walls as wallpaper.

Because they are´nt red shirt, I guess.

red shirts, yellow shirts are all the same.

mess, violence, fanaticism, exploited idiots

That's all man, nothing else

OF COURSE they do paint the protesters in the worst possible colours, of course they tell us all hell will brake loose on Monday and of course they tell us a few bad guys will completely bring OUR (!) lives to a stand still. C'mon on, get real!

Bangkok is a city of approx. 13 million people and exists of more than just Sukhumvit, SIlom and a few more roads. So it only takes a little brains to find ways around the hotspots. Let's not forget how congested Bangkok is on a regular working day. Hey, remember Taksin telling us (back in the last century) that he will get rid of the gridlock within six months? Yeah, sure... and tomorrow everybody will be a millionaire.

Suthep and the demonstrators do not want to hassle YOU, they want to show, that the government is no more in command of what is going on in Thailands' capital. They want to shut down government installations, not us! So for the better of this country, keep cool instead of being taken for a ride by the government's propaganda & spin doctors. We have survived so many coups and other problems here (remember, when the Reds occupied some part of the city?), we will survive this coming days and maybe a few more as well. Get enough cash, get your car/bike filled up and get your mobile filled up as well, if it's a prepaid one.

Sam

Sorry but I strongly disagree with you.

Find ways around the hotspots?????? You wern't here durring the last Red protests obviously and that wasn't even a "Seize the City" venue.

This could actually turn into "the big one" and could lead to a MUCH greater situation (Civil war) in which we will ALL be affected Thai or Faranag.

• Like 1

Sam

Sorry but I strongly disagree with you.

Find ways around the hotspots?????? You wern't here durring the last Red protests obviously and that wasn't even a "Seize the City" venue.

This could actually turn into "the big one" and could lead to a MUCH greater situation (Civil war) in which we will ALL be affected Thai or Faranag.

So far most of it has been a fizzer. But a perfect storm is always a possibility.

I really cant understand why the reds think Suthep would want a coup or how it could benefit him, you see the first thing the army would do in the event of a coup would be to arrest him and lock him up and they could do it whereas the police cant.

Perhaps someone could explain.

I also applaud and believe in Suthep,s wish for non-violence, but history has shown us that in just about every confrontation it is the redshirt faction that first resorts to violence. It might also be a good idea to make sure the fire extinguishers around public places are all charged and ready to go !

I dont believe you now nor will I ever believe you . I know this will end the way you want and that is with blood in the streets like 3 years ago when YOU suthe ordered the police and army to open fire and killed 90 people and I know you are TOOOOOOO busy to go to the court because you want to be a dictator like you are saying that thaksin was.

I really cant understand why the reds think Suthep would want a coup or how it could benefit him, you see the first thing the army would do in the event of a coup would be to arrest him and lock him up and they could do it whereas the police cant.

...and 100% sure, they won't!

At this point we are receiving daily assurances from the PDRC that the protest will be peaceful, as well as daily counter-assurances from the Yingluck administration to prepare for violence. It is clear that the administration is far more threatened by the prospect of a peaceful protest than a violent one, which further underscores what appears to be the intent of the administration to confront the protesters. The preparations for the peaceful protest appear to be very detailed, as well as to take into account the ugly reality of the overnight sniper fire attacks on them. They clearly are not going to allow the people on the street - who it should be noted, are the people of Thailand - to be victims of vigilantism. The people who need protection are the protesters, not the legions upon legions of fully armed riot police. In terms of this suddenly invented law that it is somehow illegal to have a gathering of at least ten people, I suppose Thida ought to be worried. Her rallies contain at least ten people.

The people who need protection are the protesters ?????? Yinluck 'administration urges to prepare for violence ?????

Where did you get this, the protesters don't even know why they are out there, they only follow the bastard Suthep, half of them are Muslims, same as there master, beware for what's coming up ..... The only one who needs protection could be the farangs..

We don't care what you say Suthep but don't take us hostage for your political gain! You go shut down anything but not public places Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Right, I agree 100%, however it is not political gain, but personal gain.

Hopefully this is not true but outside where I live different people including an army guy are all talking right now about shots being fired in the last hour between yellow shirts in a van and red shirts at a local market in Rangsit Klong 2... I've got three different people telling me this. I'll be happy if this is all a load of rubbish but...

Yeah ok I'm gonna seize a major city, capital of Thailand and disrupt the lives of millions of people but I don't want to see any violence. Yeah ok Suthep.......GET A LIFE !!!!!!!

yes, and than call the non followers hooligans, amazing Thailand. And he better get no life anymore or it should be in hell .

Suthep is craving violence because he understands it is the only thing that will lead to a coup.

I think you're wrong in your opinion. He doesn't want violence, he want's Yingluck out and with out a coup. You could sensibly argue that he wants the backing of the military to further isolate and pressure Yingluck to step down. However; a coup would behoove the PTP to a far greater degree. They could then postulate to the world that they were a legitimate government overthrown by the military.

"the world" knows that this is a legitimate government , I don't understand what you try to state , Oh, yes, your a yellow.. sorry.

I suppose because otherwise he will be standing in the street indefinitely. PT will not simply surrender control of the government, no matter how many people he puts on the street. So long as the Thaksin gang maintain any level of support at all the very idea is ridiculous. So we are left with a coup - either military or judicial.

The problem with a judicial coup is that it may not provide him and his cohorts with the time they need to allow the North to forget. If the election comes too soon they will lose in real landslide, regardless of any tweaks made to the electoral system. When offered the Feb. 2 election the Democrats and aligned groups knew they didn't have the numbers and they have spent the 6 weeks since then calling the entire population of the North and North-east stupid and ignorant. They'll need at least a years distance, or a truly monumental <deleted>-up from PT before they are back in the running.

So, by process of elimination, we assume that the plan must be to provoke a military coup.

Thinking this way is nothing to do with being a "red", as you put it. Just calling it like we see it. Presumably you have a different opinion?

• Like 1

Meanwhile another arm of Sutheps Ruling Elite - the Criminal Court, refuses to support the DSI in arresting the ringleaders - instructing the DSI to issue more summonses, thus playing for the time they all hope, for the coup that they want.

Great quoting the press about the "ruling elite". So the elite is 11.433.762 Thais?? !!clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Stop believing all you hear and look for the truth in the numbers:

Very large constituencies with large numbers of voters would give one party only one seat (These they changed and were Democratic strongholds) much smaller constituencies, with much fewer people were divided up in several constituencies with one seat each. This means that even when people did not vote a 100% for the TRT they would still have a "glorious victory" over the Democrats. It was all made to match the TRT.

In numbers: The TRT and Dems had respectively: 15,744,190 and 11,433,762 people vote for them. A difference in % of the population of resp. (TRT, Dems) 48.41% and 35.15%. (say 13%) This was NOT reflected in the seats in Parliament by the self dividing rule of the TRT who changed the constituencies. (TRT/ Dems) 265 seats against 159 seats or in seats 106 (!!). If this had been in the range of anything like 225 to 196 this would have been a fair and acceptable result. (the difference being about 13%) or in seats 29. STOP talking about the elite and the poor. IT's nonsense. It's about fairness and each group getting a fair share of government. And yes, in the end agreeing with each other to rule this country justly and fairly would be the solution.

Robby nz, on 10 Jan 2014 - 17:27, said:snapback.png

I suppose because otherwise he will be standing in the street indefinitely. PT will not simply surrender control of the government, no matter how many people he puts on the street. So long as the Thaksin gang maintain any level of support at all the very idea is ridiculous. So we are left with a coup - either military or judicial.

The problem with a judicial coup is that it may not provide him and his cohorts with the time they need to allow the North to forget. If the election comes too soon they will lose in real landslide, regardless of any tweaks made to the electoral system. When offered the Feb. 2 election the Democrats and aligned groups knew they didn't have the numbers and they have spent the 6 weeks since then calling the entire population of the North and North-east stupid and ignorant. They'll need at least a years distance, or a truly monumental fuc_k-up from PT before they are back in the running.

So, by process of elimination, we assume that the plan must be to provoke a military coup.

Thinking this way is nothing to do with being a "red", as you put it. Just calling it like we see it. Presumably you have a different opinion?

I certainly do have a different take on things, you see I know several people who are actually there and can understand their way of thinking.

But first in answer.

PT are all but done now, it is very likely the courts will finish them off, if you want to call that a judicial coup you are welcome, but what it really is, is the sins of PT coming back to haunt them.

It is extremely an election will bring a result, if held, so PT could not form a govt..

They are in desperation mode now trying to hold on to what little credibility they have left.

I seem to have missed the bit about " spent the 6 weeks since then calling the entire population of the North and North-east stupid and ignorant "

In fact there are many from those areas joining the protests. (See rice farmers threatening to join if not paid by 15th in news)

I do see however posters on here continually calling the protestors and those from the south idiots and other derogatory names.

I used the term red because of the obvious affiliation of many of the posters who insist a coup would benefit Suthep.

If you are not one of them you have my apology.

Now : As PT is on the ropes so are Thaksins hopes of ever returning, therefor he is looking at a civil war as his only hope of coming back as the great peacemaker, some may also see it as revenge.

A coup would be the catalyst for a war as the armed faction of the reds are still out there with the weapons from 2010. They would turn the whole of the country into another South and as we see the army is powerless to stop that. The army brass knows this so are not cooperating.

Thaksin has shown several times in the past he has no consideration for the lives of others and he will do whatever he thinks he needs to do to retain power

• Like 1

Meanwhile another arm of Sutheps Ruling Elite - the Criminal Court, refuses to support the DSI in arresting the ringleaders - instructing the DSI to issue more summonses, thus playing for the time they all hope, for the coup that they want.

Great quoting the press about the "ruling elite". So the elite is 11.433.762 Thais?? !!clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Stop believing all you hear and look for the truth in the numbers:

Very large constituencies with large numbers of voters would give one party only one seat (These they changed and were Democratic strongholds) much smaller constituencies, with much fewer people were divided up in several constituencies with one seat each. This means that even when people did not vote a 100% for the TRT they would still have a "glorious victory" over the Democrats. It was all made to match the TRT.

In numbers: The TRT and Dems had respectively: 15,744,190 and 11,433,762 people vote for them. A difference in % of the population of resp. (TRT, Dems) 48.41% and 35.15%. (say 13%) This was NOT reflected in the seats in Parliament by the self dividing rule of the TRT who changed the constituencies. (TRT/ Dems) 265 seats against 159 seats or in seats 106 (!!). If this had been in the range of anything like 225 to 196 this would have been a fair and acceptable result. (the difference being about 13%) or in seats 29. STOP talking about the elite and the poor. IT's nonsense. It's about fairness and each group getting a fair share of government. And yes, in the end agreeing with each other to rule this country justly and fairly would be the solution.

Well done - You have repeated this post 13 times in 12 different threads - Honestly, we get the idea!