Taxi driver finds Russians cash on back seat

Rimmer

Taxi driver finds Russians cash on back seat

pdn214.jpg

PATTAYA – January 10, 2014 [PDN]; at 4.00 a.m. Mr. Chananat Seangwan, aged 42, address 148 Moo 3 Tambon Ban Phraek, Amphur Meung Kanchanaburi, Kanchanaburi province, who is a taxi driver from Suvarnnabhumi airport, had brought a large amount of foreign cash approximately 100,000 THB to Pol. Lt. Jakkrit Jantakham (Investigation police on duty of Pattaya city police station) in order for it to be returned to its rightful owners.

Mr. Chananat Seangwan (the taxi driver) said that at 2.00 a.m. today he had picked up 2 males passengers from Suvarnnabhumi airport and drove them to Walking Street, south Pattaya where the Russian passengers got out. He then drove and parked at a petrol station to clean his cab where he found an envelope on the back seat which contained a large amount of foreign cash. He didn’t know where he could return cash to the Russian passengers so he decided to take it to the police.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2014/01/10/taxi-driver-finds-russians-cash-on-back-seat/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2014-01-10

I think that is the 3rd taxi driver recently that has returned a large amount of cash they have found. There are plenty of good honest Thai people despite what some posters would have us belive. Well done Mr. Chananat Seangwan.

I sure hope this is contiguous...

• Like 1

If this story is real then I am 99.9% sure that the police will keep it and look no further.

Also if it is true weather or not the police keep it I must say good on the taxi driver. A true believer in Lord Buddha.

I also strongley believe that even if the police did return it to the Russian that he would not give the taxi driver 1 cetang. :(

Edited by Gone

Awesome! What a great guy.

A friend of mine left his HTC Desire HD on the last seat of a taxi, maybe a month after that HTC model was launched.

We called the taxi company but none of the drivers reported any lost phone. I do remember them saying we will need to tip the driver :)

Seems you fellows are too young in Thailand to remember Sompong, the taxi driver, who claimed to have found 20 m baht in the back seat after he dropped farang at Don Mueang and returned it one hour later to the distraught farang still waiting on the side of the concourse at the Airport. Problem - there was no cash.... leading to the Thai phrase "Sompong ....." for anything that was fake

I find this story very hard to believe.

Pattaya gets a bad name for so many reasons.

Propaganda-mongers are trying to reverse the situation.

Anyone can find the dark side of a good deed if they have a dark side in themselves.

Good for the taxi driver and hopefully it will be returned to the rightfull owners.

Pax Nobiscum

I think that is the 3rd taxi driver recently that has returned a large amount of cash they have found. There are plenty of good honest Thai people despite what some posters would have us belive. Well done Mr. Chananat Seangwan.

I sure hope this is contiguous...

It is a touching story...

• Like 1

Interesting to read the posts. What I see is:

Cash, computer, phones lost and not returned = Thais are dishonest and crooks

Cash, computer, phones lost and returned = Thais are dishonest and the story is made up

Cash, computer, phones lost and returned: Good for the honest Thais

I prefer to believe that there are honest and dishonest people world-wide and most likely some of the TVF posters fit into both categories.

Being a sober optimist, I believe that most people are basically honest. Some of the biggest scammers, theives and con artists do not reside in the LOS. One can use Bernie Madhoff as an example or Google for the numerous others that have caused pain and suffering to thousands annually.

It is very easy to use the club of hate and bigotry to satisfy ones displeasure with their own lives. It is more of a challenge to see that the world is much bigger and rewarding if we only look past it's difficiencies.

Live Life on Life's Terms

• Like 2

Only the very naive would take this story at face value. For a start, you would never go straight to walking Street from the Airport.

I find this story very hard to believe.

Pattaya gets a bad name for so many reasons.

Propaganda-mongers are trying to reverse the situation.