Six people wounded, three seriously, as Red Shirts and anti-govt protesters clash

webfact

I don't lean either way, so I can wait until the wire services report on this. It could have been anything or anyone that started it. The You tube video, machine translated makes many references to DEA, but I don't know what that means; however, the you tube lot (no surprise) was definitely anti-red. How many Thai people in the provinces have access to you tube? tongue.png

All I know is it seems that the protesters were protesting the protester's right to protest their protesting, and so demonstrated against the counter-demonstration demonstratively, demonstrating that demonstrations were only demonstrating the demonstrations of everyone except those demonstrating countering views about the counter-protestor's counter-protestations.

It finally happened! I have absorbed Thainess by osmosis!

cheesy.gif

I find the non literal disambiguation unorthodoxly misdirecting compared to a more anticipated ambiguous misdirections which consists of noun, verbs, adjectives etc. A metaphorical implementation creates the aesthetic ambiguity, but the figurative juxtaposition creates a contrast. (Hope that helped)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PTP's Red Shirt thugs are at it again!

Stay safe on the streets of Bangkok this weekend and next week guys, this event will look like foreplay compaired to whats coming... lets hope that the 'powers that be' see sense and do something before the bodies start piling up.

The Reds announced they were rallying in Phatum Thani. There was no reason for PDRC to go there except to cause trouble.

Same when the Reds held a rally at Rajamangala. There was no reason for PDRC to start shooting people.

Looks like Suthep has blood on his hands once more

Looks like your making it all up as you go, just to suit your views.

Whether PDRC fired, Redshirt fired, the mysterious 3rd Hand popped up and fired again, or even the RTP - who TF knows? Speculate all you want, as will others. But i'ts all so mired none really knows who does what, added to the constant lies by all involved, and ridiculous explanations usually put forward by the police or caretaker ministers.

You have already decided he's got blood on his hands prior to any trial. That demonstrates your inherent bias.

Easy if you follow the red propaganda - Thaksin always good, Suthep always bad. Why bother to think for yourself.

• Like 1

Sorry to those who got shot ... but if you are red shirt and you go near a PDRC rally you are asking for a gun fight

Guess the PDRC were faster to draw their guns .. newcastle 1 - 0 sunderland

PDRC have no rally in Phatum Thani. Clearly a group has gone there to cause loss of life. Question is were they ordered there or are they a renegade bunch of out of control thugs?

"Clearly a group has gone there to cause loss of life."

A bit too presumptious .. who started the melee? were shots fired in self defence?

Presumptious! I hardly think you are the ideal person to be discussing whether a group has gone "to cause loss of life" or not after your crass post

"but if you are red shirt and you go near a PDRC rally you are asking for a gun fight"

Your opinions about the value of other posters and their rights to comment, are dear Fabby, exactly that - your opinion. They bear no merit on his post. Attacking the poster rather than the actual content of the post does seem a trait among the red tinted posters on TV.

Thaksin's red army were great at dishing it out in 2010 whilst the RTP hid and shirked their responsibilities. Not doing so well this time, hence all the bleating.

I don't condone or support any violence, but the reds behave like typical playground bullies - ignore the law and bully, some one hits them back, bawl their eyes out and ask the law to protect. Again, another trait of PTP and it previous regime behaviors.

I believe the majority of people in the area in and around where this happened, would favor the government and/or the red shirt side of politics. For PDRC supporters to march in this area seeking support, well it's hardly surprising it didn't go down to well with some of the locals, but then I suppose that was the point of being there...

Then you believe wrong. It's much more of a 50/50 split. Many of the 50 that are anti-government are not necessarily Suthep supporters.

Red Skills radio organized red propaganda concerts on a few days around end December / New Year. The small stage was set up opposite Airforce United near the National Memorial. I drove by on several occasions and the attendances were never more than 50.

What is also noticeable is many of the reds I know around here have stopped actively supporting the caretaker government. Most are pretty pissed at the Shins for one thing or another.

• Like 1

I believe the majority of people in the area in and around where this happened, would favor the government and/or the red shirt side of politics. For PDRC supporters to march in this area seeking support, well it's hardly surprising it didn't go down to well with some of the locals, but then I suppose that was the point of being there...

Then you believe wrong. It's much more of a 50/50 split. Many of the 50 that are anti-government are not necessarily Suthep supporters.

Red Skills radio organized red propaganda concerts on a few days around end December / New Year. The small stage was set up opposite Airforce United near the National Memorial. I drove by on several occasions and the attendances were never more than 50.

What is also noticeable is many of the reds I know around here have stopped actively supporting the caretaker government. Most are pretty pissed at the Shins for one thing or another.

I agree with your counter argument. You said, "Many of the 50 that are anti-government are not necessarily Suthep supporters." From the people I know, this is a true statement. You also mentioned that many Redshirts are pissed at the Shins for any number of reasons. From the people I know, that is also a true statement.

Part of what I report came from a business meeting where the attendees were nearly split evenly on which side they support, color-wise, but neither supported Suthep, and neither supported the Shinawatras, which baffled me. Especially since they were having cocktails and joking with each other while politely agreeing to disagree. These are medium sized businessmen, not street vendors, nor movers and shakers, but maybe...just maybe

they should be the movers and non-shakers.

sad.png

• Like 1

Please give more details than a cellphone video, about where, when, how, and some translation would help, too.

Please. Most people are looking for information, and this is important.

That did not sound like pingpong bombs, it sounded like gunfire, which sounded like machine gun bursts. Worse, near the 70% finished line, you can see a police car sitting there in the street past the radio van....but no police are visible while men with clubs of different lengths cross the field of vision.

Thank you. Help us understand.

wai.gif

Edited by FangFerang

3 reds injured after being shot at

Look like reds who were shot at..

do you reds even read the reports or watch the video, 6 were wounded, 3 seriously, as 3 were reds that means 3 were the protesters, in case you cant count. Try watching the video, the proteters are walking with priests just before the violence breaks our so maybe it is the reds that started it, just because it is a red report doesnt mean its what happened, what about the 3 protesters are they ok or are they the serious ones. Unfortunately the report does not say anything about anyone else hurt but the reds, why is that...........

Correct.

Like Suthep used to say, the red shoot themselves.

The Yellow are peaceful,and don't carry guns at all.

Please give more details than a cellphone video, about where, when, how, and some translation would help, too.

That did not sound like pingpong bombs, it sounded like gunfire, which sounded like machine gun bursts. Worse, near the 70% finished line, you can see a police car sitting there in the street past the radio van....but no police are visible while men with clubs of different lengths cross the field of vision.

wai.gif

This video is the case of the Pathum Thani red clash with the yellow. Both are doing their rally and they just happened to meet each other. Got some informers said both parties coming to rally has actually prepare weapons. Both sides has guns. The red provoke the yellows and the yellow anticipated back. Witness also said there are police on the ground but can't help the situation anyway.

Waiting for more info from new witnesses.

Myself, wife and child will be in BKK late next week and I feel a little bit apprehensive, If worse comes to worse maybe better to stay outside then make the dash to Swampy, anybody got suggestions.?

Keep away from any large gatherings and you'll barely know about it.

Stay safe on the streets of Bangkok this weekend and next week guys, this event will look like foreplay compaired to whats coming... lets hope that the 'powers that be' see sense and do something before the bodies start piling up.

The Reds announced they were rallying in Phatum Thani. There was no reason for PDRC to go there except to cause trouble.

Same when the Reds held a rally at Rajamangala. There was no reason for PDRC to start shooting people.

Looks like Suthep has blood on his hands once more

The Bangkok Post is reporting that it was a PDRC march that "encountered opposition from red shirts".

Interestingly, they same red shirt group had earlier complained to Thai Rath and Daily News about their news coverage, demanding that the media support the election.

Sorry to those who got shot ... but if you are red shirt and you go near a PDRC rally you are asking for a gun fight

PDRC have no rally in Phatum Thani. Clearly a group has gone there to cause loss of life. Question is were they ordered there or are they a renegade bunch of out of control thugs?

Are you suggesting that there are no anti-government supporters in Pathum Thani?

wai.gif

This video is the case of the Pathum Thani red clash with the yellow. Both are doing their rally and they just happened to meet each other. Got some informers said both parties coming to rally has actually prepare weapons. Both sides has guns. The red provoke the yellows and the yellow anticipated back. Witness also said there are police on the ground but can't help the situation anyway.

Another informer saw the black shirts (not sure are they the MIB) in the red pickup. Police is guarding them. The informer divulge the men in black in the photo throw ping pong bomb at the yellow protesters. The yellows fled and the black chase up. Later the fight began.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=469785749793477&set=a.277173359054718.53413.277164659055588&type=1&theater

Errrrr the OP clearly states the red shirts were fired AT !!

BOTH sides needs to step back from the brink - violence plays right into the hands of the powers that be.

I think there needs to be an investigation before we point any fingers.

wai.gif

Another informer saw the black shirts (not sure are they the MIB) in the red pickup. Police is guarding them. The informer divulge the men in black in the photo throw ping pong bomb at the yellow protesters. The yellows fled and the black chase up. Later the fight began.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=469785749793477&set=a.277173359054718.53413.277164659055588&type=1&theater

OMG, from your evident, Red shirt hire MIB to shoot at Yellow shirt again.

Have charges been laid against YK yet ?......didnt the army state catagorically that she was responsible if violence occurred ?

violence has occured....

You have an Interestng interpretation of the rule of law.

It's amazing how many sheep there are on here, isn't it? The army has said the government is responsible for any violence that takes place. Now Yingluck has said that Suthep will also be responsible. But forgive me for being a little too commonsensical, but...aren't those responsible for violence those who instigate it. If some yellow shirts throw ping pong bombs, then surely even if you are a bleating Suthep fan, shouldn't you hold up your hands and say 'yes, we did it, sorry'. Similarly, if it is red shirts who shoot up a protest, even a slavering pro-thaksinite should have the guts to say 'yep, it was us, we did it.'

Oh, wait, I forgot, this is Thailand, where people who do wrong to others have to 'save face', i.e. avoid responsibility and blame somebody else before skulking away.

It was a nice dream, though.

sigh. Those idiotic yellow shirt thugs are at it again.

Those idiotic red shirt thugs are at it again.

Group of red shirts attack PDRC supporters inviting people to join rally

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/politics/Injuries-in-Pathum-Thani-clash-30224014.html

Seriously... I feel like being at a playschool class. Grow up guys...

Thugs are on BOTH SIDES! Who attacked first does not matter. BOTH are armed and dangerous.

To say that wrongdoing is only one side is just blind and factious.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/webmobile/politics/Injuries-in-Pathum-Thani-clash-30224014.html

Thugs are on BOTH SIDES! Who attacked first does not matter. BOTH are armed and dangerous.

Yup, we should condemned them using violence no matter which party it is.

• Like 2

Correct.

Like Suthep used to say, the red shoot themselves.

The Yellow are peaceful,and don't carry guns at all.

"However, supporters of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) were rallying nearby in Lamlukka district. When the PCAD march entered the district, a group of UDD supporters led by Mr. Wutthipong ′Ko-Tee′ Kochathammakhun tried to chase away PCAD demonstrators".

http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE9UTTFOamN3TkE9PQ==&sectionid=TURFd01BPT0=

Rather odd that your other previous posts don't reflect your last as well as that you didn't confront the first quote when it was made with your latest sentiments.

btw, the law does recognize that it does matter who initiates violence.

Edited by Maha Sarakham Marty

repulsive

Yes, well said Prbkk.

Nice fishing, but I only recall a handful of Sunderland wins in the whole of 2013. One was Newcastle 0-3 Sunderland and another was Sunderland 2-1 Newcastle.

Got rolled in Sunderland, well they tried but I was so peesed they couldn't knock me over, also got drunk under the table by a tasty little lass. Is it a yellow stronghold?

"Clearly a group has gone there to cause loss of life."

A bit too presumptious .. who started the melee? were shots fired in self defence?

Presumptious! I hardly think you are the ideal person to be discussing whether a group has gone "to cause loss of life" or not after your crass post

"but if you are red shirt and you go near a PDRC rally you are asking for a gun fight"

Your opinions about the value of other posters and their rights to comment, are dear Fabby, exactly that - your opinion. They bear no merit on his post. Attacking the poster rather than the actual content of the post does seem a trait among the red tinted posters on TV.

Thaksin's red army were great at dishing it out in 2010 whilst the RTP hid and shirked their responsibilities. Not doing so well this time, hence all the bleating.

I don't condone or support any violence, but the reds behave like typical playground bullies - ignore the law and bully, some one hits them back, bawl their eyes out and ask the law to protect. Again, another trait of PTP and it previous regime behaviors.

It's Fab4, my user name, use it. Yes it is my opinion that the comment was crass. Did I suggest it was anything other than my opinion? You're just deflecting with your bull about attacking the poster and generalisations which of course, are your opinions. I don't have to read them or agree with them, much the same as you.