Shots fired at Norwegian restaurant in Pattaya

webfact

'Parking Dispute' Leads To Drive-By Shooting

By Khaosod English

nor.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A pair of gunmen have shot into a Norwegian Restaurant in Pattaya, after its owner had allegedly engaged in a parking dispute with several taxi motorcyclists.

At approximately around 01.00 am, Pattaya police was alerted to investigate a four-storey building in Banglamung district, Chonburi province.

The ground level of the building is operated as a Norwegian restaurant called ′Christiania′, whereas the upper levels are opened as tourists residence, it is reported. The building is also situated close to a flyover bridge, which leads to Bali Hai pier.

In front of the restaurant, police found a golden bronze Honda car, which has a bullet hole shot through its roof.

It is believed that the group of gunmen fired their weapons from the flyover bridge into the restaurant, after police found the cartridges on the bridge.

Many foreign tourists were frightened by the incident, and were gathering around to discuss about the shooting when police arrived.

Mr. Banlue Eiamsri, 28, the owner of the restaurant, told the police that he witnessed the assailants traveling with a motorbike onto the bridge, and fled the area after the shooting.

He also claimed that earlier that day, he had a heated argument with a group of taxi motorcyclists about the parking in front of the restaurant, in which the cyclists claimed he had blocked their way.

Police said the investigation is currently ongoing, and they had retrieved CCTV footage near the crime scene.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE9UTTFNams1T1E9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-11

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shots Fired at Norwegian Restaurant and Guesthouse in South Pattaya

shot-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Luckily no one was injured after 3 shots were fired in the direction of a Norwegian Restaurant and Guesthouse in South Pattaya in the early hours of Friday.

Police were called to the Christiania Restaurant and Guesthouse located under the overpass leading to the Bali Hai Port and met with the Manager of the venue, Khun Bunleu aged 28, who was asleep at the time of the shooting on the 3rd floor of the building.

He was awoken by the sound of gunfire and initially thought a gang of youths were misbehaving and the incident was unrelated to his business. Moments later his Mother rushed upstairs and told her Son that the shots had been fired at the restaurant and Khun Bunleu’s Honda Car.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/114754/shots-fired-at-norwegian-restaurant-and-guesthouse-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-01-11

Check out the body language of the cop in the first photo - he couldn't give a sh1t....

You beat me to this post!!! Shots were fired at a restaurant, people's lives were in grave danger, and this is the lawman on the scene's very evident response? ("Oh really?.. Whatever..." basically!!!) wai.gif

Check out the body language of the cop in the first photo - he couldn't give a sh1t....

I thought he had simply fallen asleep, as cops do when faced with such a "difficult" case as this! The details are always so boring and therefore difficult to grasp for these overweight officers of the "law". I suppose we can all be thankful that at least he didn't lose his gun while nodding off.

• Like 1

I thought he had simply fallen asleep, as cops do when faced with such a "difficult" case as this! The details are always so boring and therefore difficult to grasp for these overweight officers of the "law". I suppose we can all be thankful that at least he didn't lose his gun while nodding off.

Yeah, it must all be such an inconvenience for them, the poor wee lads...

What exactly do you expect? He spends all his working time dealing with crimes and criminals. Do you want him to run around in circles acting like this sort of thing is a complete shock to him?

I know it's not what you usually see on CSI and Hawaii Five-O, but this isn't a TV show.

Maybe you'd feel better if it looked more like this:

jonah_hill02-300x300.jpg

You beat me to this post!!! Shots were fired at a restaurant, people's lives were in grave danger, and this is the lawman on the scene's very evident response? ("Oh really?.. Whatever..." basically!!!) wai.gif

people's lives were in grave danger

Possibly he isn't quite the drama queen you expect since the incident is now over, a newspaper photographer had the time to reach the scene and the officer would have assigned others to check if they "bad guys" were still in the area or to look for the evidence that the shots were fired from the fly-over (which they did).

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

What exactly do you expect? He spends all his working time dealing with crimes and criminals. Do you want him to run around in circles acting like this sort of thing is a complete shock to him?

I know it's not what you usually see on CSI and Hawaii Five-O, but this isn't a TV show.

jonah_hill02-300x300.jpg

Possibly he isn't quite the drama queen you expect since the incident is now over, a newspaper photographer had the time to reach the scene and the officer would have assigned others to check if they "bad guys" were still in the area or to look for the evidence that the shots were fired from the fly-over (which they did).

No Suradit69, I would not expect him to behave like an extra from a TV cop show. I would however expect someone in his position responding to a potentially life threatening situation such as this to at the very least display at least some air of professionalism. He could at least have pointed at something for the photo....

• Like 1

How come a 28-year-old Thai man owns a Norwegian restaurant? How did that come about? Luckily no-one was killed or hurt.

It reminds of the poor Australian woman who was shot and killed in Kanchanaburi a few years ago when motorcyclists just shot into the bar. That was never solved and no-one was ever charged.

And also the Canadian doctor who was shot and very seriously injured on a songthaew in Chiang Mai in another "random" shooting. That case was never solved.

And the three farangs in Chiang Mai who were shot in a bar in Chiang Mai about a year ago when a Chiang Mai university student angrily shot into the bar he had been thrown out of because he was drunk. He avoided any prison time at all because his family are rich and connected.

Motto of the story is 'Don't sit out the front of open-fronted bars (or songthaews)'.

what a completely idiotic question. how old does one need to be to own a business?

jonah_hill02-300x300.jpg

No Suradit69, I would not expect him to behave like an extra from a TV cop show. I would however expect someone in his position responding to a potentially life threatening situation such as this to at the very least display at least some air of professionalism. He could at least have pointed at something for the photo....

Maybe point at a bullet hole or 3....

Glad it was a Parking Spot , could you imagine if he had backed his car into one of their Motorcycle Taxis.

Would have been an In House slaughter I would hazard a guess.

The only 'good' bit is that No one was injured - This Time.

coffee1.gif

I assume the restaurant owner does not own the road outside his business so has no right to reserve it for himself or his customers.

Having said that it is about time City Hall were to licence Taxi Motorbikes and operators.

Enforcing:

• Checking of driving licences
  • Mandatory insurance
  • Limiting the places of operation (ie just inside every soi)
  • Marked Taxi Ranks

May be even outlaw trading (street vendors, bike and car rental, taxis plying for business, advertising, etc) from roadside parking areas, maybe even limit waiting/parking to 2 hours, no return for 4 hours.

Edited by Basil B