Russian, 30, in suspected suicide in Chiang Mai

Lite Beer

Russian, 30, in suspected suicide in Chiang Mai
The Sunday Nation

CHIANG MAI: -- A 30-year-old Russian man fell from a sixth-floor condominium to his death in a reported suicide in Chiang Mai's Muang district yesterday.

Police rushed to the Huai Kaew area at 11am to find the body of Anton Vishnevskiy with a broken neck, arms and legs in the condo parking lot. The condominium owner told police that the Russian man had rented room No 616 since December 21, 2013 for a month and was apparently alone. Police suspect the deceased may have been stressed about personal matters and committed suicide.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-12

Seems to be high rate or percentage of suicides from balconies. Now I may be wrong but surely there are less scary or painful ways of ending your life? Most jumpers tend to do it from a high place where they can be seen and often have something to say before they jump or are talked down. I suppose I am trying to say are a lot of them pushed or did they jump? RIP Stranger..

Have you noticed its all foreigners in Thailand falls from balcony or commits suicide from there? I dont quiet get it ???

What's to get? It's another theory to decrease the surplus population of conspiring foreigners in Thailand. So be careful out there!

Whenever they post an article about a balcony suicide in Thailand, they should be required to measure the height of the balcony railing and include that in the article.

Many of the hotels I've stayed in (and my apartment in BKK) have dangerously low railings and I suspect a lot of these alleged suicides are actually down to poor safety standards. Lean over just a little bit, slip on some sand or wet surface and it's all over.