Shutdown will be a flop, says Thaksin aide

webfact

.....the mother of all flops....what a disaster and nightmare for this guy. Perhaps everyone can get back to work now and start to repair the damage. It's over.

A flop? Really? Aren't the 7 intersections blocked? Isn't Bangkok traffic more or less paralysed? They did what they said they'd do. This is only day 1 and it's not over by a longshot.

Poor Prbkk. He lives in a (barely) parallel universe ?

I agree, I have yet to see any contribution from Prbkk on this forum that is worthy of any in-depth considered response..!!

Hardly surprising really when you back the wrong horse and don't have anything worthy to contribute regards subject matter!!

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....the mother of all flops....what a disaster and nightmare for this guy. Perhaps everyone can get back to work now and start to repair the damage. It's over.

The mother of all flops ?

I assume you refer to the counter protest of the all together 10.000 Red shirts spread over 16 provinces .

That's 625 people per province laugh.png

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 1

8pm now on Sutheps Big Day and it's all over for the anti-democracy agitators. 99.9% of Thais are now watching their favourite TV soaps and no one cares any more about the Big Bangkok Flop. No doubt this will rumble on for a few more months but the danger to Thai democracy has now passed.

11pm and still a lot of people out the front of my place on Asoke.

• Like 1

Flop = does not successfully fulfil its goals.

I agree. They have overstretched themselves & won't be able to maintain 7 rally sites. Even 1 site has been virtually deserted during the night & early day, except when they'd just bused up a few loads of Southerners.

If the govt/reds/police stay cool & wait it out, the local residents will get progressively more annoyed with this sanctimonious minority & they will fail.

Read the news.

Buses from So Saket, Roi Et, Buri Ram, Pitsanulok and many other parts of Isaan are joining the PDRC

I know you don't want to know this but open your eyes.

The people are revolting

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Rather proves the point - the original core support from Bangkokians is evaporating as their lives are being disrupted by Dear Leader's endless marches, sit-ins and now this "shut-down". So, in desperation he is having to pay anybody willing to come and have a laugh in Bangkok.

Flop = does not successfully fulfil its goals.

I agree. They have overstretched themselves & won't be able to maintain 7 rally sites. Even 1 site has been virtually deserted during the night & early day, except when they'd just bused up a few loads of Southerners.

If the govt/reds/police stay cool & wait it out, the local residents will get progressively more annoyed with this sanctimonious minority & they will fail.

Read the news.

Buses from So Saket, Roi Et, Buri Ram, Pitsanulok and many other parts of Isaan are joining the PDRC

I know you don't want to know this but open your eyes.

The people are revolting

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Rather proves the point - the original core support from Bangkokians is evaporating as their lives are being disrupted by Dear Leader's endless marches, sit-ins and now this "shut-down". So, in desperation he is having to pay anybody willing to come and have a laugh in Bangkok.

Funny thing is that the people from those provinces used to prefer Thaksins money.

Rather proves the point.

Like he is going to say it will be a roaring success. Stating the bloody obvious. And comparing Suthep to Hitler, typical moves by the Shin criminals. I shall counter with my own statement 'The Kim family of North Korea is one of the most hated families in the world and they have crippled and isolated North Korea through their mismanagement over the decades, those that realize the truth about the situation risk their lives to try and leave for a better life anywhere else but there. Thaksin and his family are doing the exact same thing to Thailand and he is trying to install himself as a similar dictator. He can't see past his ambition to what he is really doing to this country. Under his dictatorship the country is on a road to ruin. Time for a change !

Have you completely lost your marbles - I know that the abysmal turn-out for "the final victory" must be distressing you - but there is only one person vying to become Thailand's Kim, and that is our Dear Leader, with his unelected "peoples'" council laying down the law for gawd knows how long.

9am and it's certainly looking like a flop so far. A few troublemakers loitering around traffic junctions in inner Bangkok while 99.9% of Thailand gets on with business as usual. The women around my way are cackling and waggling their little fingers. They say that Suthep just hasn't got it.

How unfortunate to have spoken too soon.

What are the women saying now?

8pm now on Sutheps Big Day and it's all over for the anti-democracy agitators. 99.9% of Thais are now watching their favourite TV soaps and no one cares any more about the Big Bangkok Flop. No doubt this will rumble on for a few more months but the danger to Thai democracy has now passed.

5555555555555 you dream it aint over at all and wont be for months

come back in a week and tell us its over

• Like 1

9am and it's certainly looking like a flop so far. A few troublemakers loitering around traffic junctions in inner Bangkok while 99.9% of Thailand gets on with business as usual. The women around my way are cackling and waggling their little fingers. They say that Suthep just hasn't got it.

How unfortunate to have spoken too soon.

What are the women saying now?

5555555555555 you dream it aint over at all and wont be for months

come back in a week and tell us its over

Wednesday is payday for the rice farmers..................... or not.

Could get interesting.

Big flop, of course.

Very low turnout.

Mainly trucked southern farmers and unemployed coming to enjoy free food and goodies.

The yellow thugs can hardly create violence because they are unopposed.

Their nasty provocations are answered with peaceful candle lighting.

All of Suthep's barks are countered by Yingluck's peace and dialogue offers.

It's getting boring.

But I guess that many businesses suffer from the disturbance that this small group is creating.

Soon nobody will listen to Suthep anymore, apart from his brainwashed southerners (and naive farangs).

Soon will be the time to catch this criminal and insane destroyer of democracy and let the people take care of him the way he deserves.

Sent from my iPhone...

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

No way will the Bangkok elite and middle class still be on the streets once the cool season is over!!

Only people losing money from these "shutdowns" are democrat supporters any way.

Many of them must be muttering to themselves at the moment saying "what now?" Do we just stand here blowing whistles?

agree!

http://notthenation.com/2014/01/bangkok-businesses-thrilled-to-be-targeted-by-bangkok-protesters/

When the Constitutional court rules that an amendment is illegal-that is one thing, it can kill the amendment..but to then say that merely 'voting' for an amendment that makes the senate fully elected; is illegal--that is BOGUS by ANY international standard! A REAL democracy does not have 'appointed' senators INTHE FIRST PLACE!

Exactly, they should look at Europe where democracy is practiced. For instance, in UK there's the House of Lords where the members are......

Never mind.

whistling.gif

"Shut down will be a flop says Thaksin aide"

Seems like there is too many Thaksin Propagandists,in denial,who refuse to witness the success that Suthep has really shut down Bangkok.

As this BBC Report has witnessed! not to mention the many videos from Thailand that show videos of the strength of turnout by the people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25716641

A flop? definately not,more like wishful thinking by the Red supporters!

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 2

Yes, if the govt stays cool. But as long as they get Thaksin name into the news, guess what, more will come out. So the strategy is to keep quiet and avoid making any comments. You know, when Chalerm, announced that he was back, guess what, so are the protesters, but now even more. But they will not fail. This protest will only remind people how important reform is. Any government taking office will always be reminded of this.

But personally I don't see the Feb2 election coming. A lot PT will be disqualified or PTP dissolved. Yes, rule of law, YS declared it, she believed in it. She came by election and she will leave by impeachment.

• Like 1

The mother of all flops ?

I assume you refer to the counter protest of the all together 10.000 Red shirts spread over 16 provinces .

That's 625 people per province laugh.png

yes...some looking like this:

post-196006-0-87024700-1389644234_thumb.

A picture is worth a thousand words. But for the Red Shirt, a couple of people.

Edited by aimbc

Big flop, of course. Very low turnout. Mainly trucked southern farmers and unemployed coming to enjoy free food and goodies. The yellow thugs can hardly create violence because they are unopposed. Their nasty provocations are answered with peaceful candle lighting. All of Suthep's barks are countered by Yingluck's peace and dialogue offers. It's getting boring. But I guess that many businesses suffer from the disturbance that this small group is creating. Soon nobody will listen to Suthep anymore, apart from his brainwashed southerners (and naive farangs). Soon will be the time to catch this criminal and insane destroyer of democracy and let the people take care of him the way he deserves. Sent from my iPhone...

"peaceful candle lighting" - how utterly enchanting. I can just see Chalerm lighting a red candle with a tear in his eye as a beautiful flame appears out of nowhere, quivering in the wind with a multitude of others to match the stars twinkling in the sky!!

This should solve all of Thailand's problems in a whim. Perhaps they should adopt the lotus position and wear flowers in their hair whilst performing this wondrous and peace giving act of getting close to nature and feeling contentment in their lives.

Democracy seekers can carry on with their important task of turfing out the Shinawatras and their parasitic hangers-on by whatever mean it takes to rid the country of this divisive family and return it to all of it's people so they can all get on with their lives, not having to face a bleak future.

• Like 1

I have no side in this. Only the one that benefits Thailand. But what is interesting is most of the red shirt protesters were being paid to attend. I've got many relatives who where there back in 2010, and all were paid to attend.

The current protesters are donating money to help "the cause". IMHO, a huge difference. Peaceful civil disobedience is a right of a democratic country.

That is actually interesting for me too. It is sure a sign that those people are tired of this government.

And yes civil disobedience is a right of any democratic country. But I don't believe such a lockdown would be allowed in any democratic country.

The problem is that Thailand is not really a much democratic country. Some even think that only 'winning elections' is enough to make a democratic country.

As a farang outsider living in Thailand, over the past several decades, I have experienced some of the corruption/business monolipies that seems so prevelant here. I reckon corruption has increased by a factor of 300% during this time for the common on the street, folk. This is based on personal experience, getting a land line phone installed, fees for children to go to a school/uniforms etc, land office fees, police cooperation fees, non receipt traffic violation fees, building/approval of house plans, etc. Those who have been hit with this type of corruption will more than likely accept a prolonged business slowdown, with the hope that their short term loss will be be paid back several fold over a relative short time.

The Shinawats have made a fortune off of modern communication systems, government corruption, insider deals, etc. In counting their moneys they forgot that, those making the high monoply/tea payments, were also being exposed to the international information centers, which is contributing to their probable downfall. The difference between a good and a bad leader/manager/businessman is the former realizes that you have to have team players in all positions of the playing field and you have to giver the crowd/supporter good value for their money.

• Like 1

I have no side in this. Only the one that benefits Thailand. But what is interesting is most of the red shirt protesters were being paid to attend. I've got many relatives who where there back in 2010, and all were paid to attend.

The current protesters are donating money to help "the cause". IMHO, a huge difference. Peaceful civil disobedience is a right of a democratic country.

That is actually interesting for me too. It is sure a sign that those people are tired of this government.

And yes civil disobedience is a right of any democratic country. But I don't believe such a lockdown would be allowed in any democratic country.

The problem is that Thailand is not really a much democratic country. Some even think that only 'winning elections' is enough to make a democratic country.

I cannot disagree sure. We cannot define Thai as a Democracy as we are habit too. Especially if prolonged lockdown of the city is admitted, and if Shinawatras are allowed to be still part of a Government, and if Suthep and Abhisit can slap face of voters, and hundreds reasons more ;)

Thaskin seems to think that Thailand still loves him, nothing could be further from the truth, this guy is either dumb or in denial , Thaskin you have completely wreaked Thailand as a friendly country with a caring population , now it is dog eat dog, something Burma couldn't do nor the Japanese, Thaskins aid is just a mouth piece for a man who at best was a megalomaniac, this aid needs to get a real job , as for the Shutdown being a flop , we will see. bah.gif

Not entirely true. Thaksin is still a very popular figure in a lot of the North and North East regions. If allowed back into Thailand and allowed to run in a national election I am almost positive he would gather a majority of the votes. Yes you may add by paying money, but we all know that this is done on both sides so not a valid point.

Like him or not, he is still a popular political figure in parts of Thailand. Just so happens the parts of Thailand he is still very popular in have a large voting block!

I'm pretty sure that Thaksin and his sister have lost many votes from Rice farmers in the north,

because they have not received payment for their rice as agreed.

They may be upset, but it would take more than the rice scheme problems for most voters to turn away from the PTP or its affiliates. It would be a very cold day in Thailand for them to turn their votes to the Democrats.

Just not going to happen. And by the way we have had no problem in selling our rice and getting paid. Small farm, couple hundred rai, but nobody in the surrounding area has had any problems either.

Simple. YS declares a town meeting. Everyone can talk directly to the PM. This is also part of democracy, not to ignore the voice of the few. That means she should have no problem discussing important issues with its citizens. Is she ready to do what is necessary to move forward or pretend that she cares and put things off. All her ideas don't pan out, so why not listen to others ideas. Besides, I think people know how dis genuine this govt. thinks. Accept her.

Their we go with the "Elite" word again. What do you care what time they get up or how much make up they wear? But just a simple question... "How would you classify Yingluck?" Peasant farmer type perhaps?

The Prime Minister of Thailand, is the appropriate term.

I name only, in reality, fugitive clone is probably a more accurate term.

You have the best avatar on TV but spoil that by writing more crap than anyone else

... pot ... kettle ... ?!

• Like 1

As a farang outsider living in Thailand, over the past several decades, I have experienced some of the corruption/business monolipies that seems so prevelant here. I reckon corruption has increased by a factor of 300% during this time for the common on the street, folk. This is based on personal experience, getting a land line phone installed, fees for children to go to a school/uniforms etc, land office fees, police cooperation fees, non receipt traffic violation fees, building/approval of house plans, etc. Those who have been hit with this type of corruption will more than likely accept a prolonged business slowdown, with the hope that their short term loss will be be paid back several fold over a relative short time.

The Shinawats have made a fortune off of modern communication systems, government corruption, insider deals, etc. In counting their moneys they forgot that, those making the high monoply/tea payments, were also being exposed to the international information centers, which is contributing to their probable downfall. The difference between a good and a bad leader/manager/businessman is the former realizes that you have to have team players in all positions of the playing field and you have to giver the crowd/supporter good value for their money.

Here's an excellent evaluation of the current situation from someone with a bit of history in Asia and a great deal of respect within journalistic circles...

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/SEA-01-130114.html

Edited by GeorgeO
  • Like 1

Tuesday afternoon now on Big Shutdown Week. What's the latest on the Big Bangkok Flop? Any tanks on the street yet or is it still just a bunch of old women blowing whistles!

It's pretty much just that! Except today there have been far fewer of them. I would imagine by Thursday it will have petered out completely and Suthep will have to try something new!

• Like 1

Tuesday afternoon now on Big Shutdown Week. What's the latest on the Big Bangkok Flop? Any tanks on the street yet or is it still just a bunch of old women blowing whistles!

It's pretty much just that! Except today there have been far fewer of them. I would imagine by Thursday it will have petered out completely and Suthep will have to try something new!

Something new? Hmmmm .. what's left that they haven't already discounted?

1. Protesting on top of Baiyoke Tower.

2. Getting everyone drunk and marching along the MRT and BTS tracks late at night.

3. A drinking game between Suthep and Yingluck.

4. Protesters marching backwards blindfolded.

5. A 'dress like Suthep' fancy dress day.

• Like 1

If there are fewer little old ladies by thursday then he'll need........louder whistles!

Just this past few seconds, someone took to the stage in Asoke and made an announcement in English. I couldn't catch the words exactly but it was obviously directed to foreigners. Are they now calling upon foreigners to join the protests to swell the numbers?

Edited by Gweiloman