Shutdown will be a flop, says Thaksin aide

webfact

I found this blog called Land Destroyer that offers a reason behind the protests, it says that the Thaksin regime is heavily backed by Wall Street and other international interests who want a pliable regime in power that would allow foreign interests to exploit Thailand and other countries in the region, whereas the anti-government protests are happening as a result of a desire to be free from such international manipulation. Here is the link, i hope it works. http://landdestroyer.blogspot.com/

Frogshit...Thaksin ain't smart enough to pull them strings.

As for the other half...yeah they want to be free of international manipulation so they can do it all themselves.

They want the power and money that comes with it themselves, more of it, they all have plenty, the greedy mofo's just keep on wanting.

Take a look at that stupid hiso cow, the daughter of a singha guy that came out and got stuck into the dumb people up north...funny it is the population of such dumb people that buy their beer and have made them billionaires....thailand has big issues with customer realisation and reality.....get back on earth you pack of 3rd hand up yourselves people.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this blog called Land Destroyer that offers a reason behind the protests, it says that the Thaksin regime is heavily backed by Wall Street and other international interests who want a pliable regime in power that would allow foreign interests to exploit Thailand and other countries in the region, whereas the anti-government protests are happening as a result of a desire to be free from such international manipulation. Here is the link, i hope it works. http://landdestroyer.blogspot.com/

As for the other half...yeah they want to be free of international manipulation so they can do it all themselves.

They want the power and money that comes with it themselves, more of it, they all have plenty, the greedy mofo's just keep on wanting.

Take a look at that stupid hiso cow, the daughter of a singha guy that came out and got stuck into the dumb people up north...funny it is the population of such dumb people that buy their beer and have made them billionaires....thailand has big issues with customer realisation and reality.....get back on earth you pack of 3rd hand up yourselves people.

I don't know whether you read the blog or not, but what I gathered from it is that Thaksin is in control of his puppet and associated sycophants, but he is a marionette controlled by multiple strings that are being pulled by multiple international interests.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

While the support for Suthep is (naturally) disappearing, the support for the government is still intact. Good news that the violence and criminal aims of the yellows are met with peaceful resistance of the reds and candle lighting. Democracy must win over dictatorship. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1389750608.234814.jpg Sent from my iPhone...

"Democracy must win over dictatorship"

Yes, Yingluck should step down. whistling.gif

You should follow the news more closely. She's already stepped down. She and the cabinet are acting only as caretakers until the election due in less than two weeks. The 15 million problems for the anti democracy mob is that two weeks from now she will be returned to government with a fresh democratic mandate and a truly huge majority. Not even the Thai generals would be dumb enough to stage a coup less than two weeks before a free and fair election.

She hasn't stepped down. She has dissolved parliament. If she had stepped down, she wouldn't be care-taker PM.

• Like 1

While the support for Suthep is (naturally) disappearing, the support for the government is still intact. Good news that the violence and criminal aims of the yellows are met with peaceful resistance of the reds and candle lighting. Democracy must win over dictatorship. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1389750608.234814.jpg Sent from my iPhone...

You should follow the news more closely. She's already stepped down. She and the cabinet are acting only as caretakers until the election due in less than two weeks. The 15 million problems for the anti democracy mob is that two weeks from now she will be returned to government with a fresh democratic mandate and a truly huge majority. Not even the Thai generals would be dumb enough to stage a coup less than two weeks before a free and fair election.

She hasn't stepped down. She has dissolved parliament. If she had stepped down, she wouldn't be care-taker PM.

Define "Step Down" in terms of the Thai constitution. It would be wholly illegal for any PM, and a breach of her oath of office, to simply walk away and hand the country over to a mysterious junta of 'good people', not one of whom has yet put their name on public record.

Define "Step Down" in terms of the Thai constitution. It would be wholly illegal for any PM, and a breach of her oath of office, to simply walk away and hand the country over to a mysterious junta of 'good people', not one of whom has yet put their name on public record.

Step down, as in resign.

I don't believe it would be illegal for the PM to resign. Politicians, even in Thailand, do it all the time.

Of course, people can quote and twist a sentence in the constitution to make it sound like it would be impossible, but they would just be using that as an excuse.

• Like 1

Well the Bangkok Shutdown has been a total and utter failure, a real big flop, of such magnitude to make a normal flop look small.

However this also means the militant entities will step up to the plate now.

In my opinion the PDRC will happily state that other parties pushing violence are nothing to do with them to try to distance themselves from what is ahead.

Get ready for airport shut down perhaps, this time perhaps via Aerothai. If it happens Suthep and the PDRC will sit their smirking in my opinion whilst stating its nothing to do them them, ha ha ha.

They are getting more and more desperate and will resort to desperate measures to force a coup, the question is how much longer will the, in my opinion, rather dumb pawns in most cases following Suthep continue to allow themselves to be used as pawns under the alleged reform banner, when in fact there are much darker forces at work for much darker reasons than the headlined and trumpeted political and police reforms.

Just my opinion on certain things.

• Like 1

I don't know whether you read the blog or not, but what I gathered from it is that Thaksin is in control of his puppet and associated sycophants, but he is a marionette controlled by multiple strings that are being pulled by multiple international interests.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The blog has elements of pure drivel in it, overlaid with supposition and just plain errors.

PT did not win a 'mere 48%' which equates to 35%. It won 48.41% of all votes cast. Those that do not cast votes do not count in a democratic system. They were the biggest party and were able to put together a government. That is how democracy works.

Does Thaksin run Thailand under PT. Only an idiot would deem it possible. Think for a brief moment what it takes to run a country like this day to day. Does Yingluck talk to him? Probably, but the 48.41% who voted PT were aware of that when they voted. Whether you like it or not, that does not invalidate her government.

Do the world's financial institutions support the current government? I imagine they do as it's presided over a very strong economic period for the country. Real incomes have doubled, manufacturing is booming and Thailand rode out the world financial crisis - one of the few countries that did. The credit reports are good and Thai banks are above average in their Moody's ratings. And it's in Thailand's interest to be part of a system that provides huge numbers of jobs and international credit etc. You'll note that 1500 Japanese businesses have said today they will leave Thailand if Suthep succeeds. Do you have any idea of what a disaster that would be for Thailand. The well to do protesting in the streets perhaps should take note of the fact that they will be substantially less well off if Yingluck resigns as they are demanding.

It's an impending disaster for Thailand and all Thais.

• Like 1

The blog has elements of pure drivel in it, overlaid with supposition and just plain errors.

PT did not win a 'mere 48%' which equates to 35%. It won 48.41% of all votes cast. Those that do not cast votes do not count in a democratic system. They were the biggest party and were able to put together a government. That is how democracy works.

Does Thaksin run Thailand under PT. Only an idiot would deem it possible. Think for a brief moment what it takes to run a country like this day to day. Does Yingluck talk to him? Probably, but the 48.41% who voted PT were aware of that when they voted. Whether you like it or not, that does not invalidate her government.

Do the world's financial institutions support the current government? I imagine they do as it's presided over a very strong economic period for the country. Real incomes have doubled, manufacturing is booming and Thailand rode out the world financial crisis - one of the few countries that did. The credit reports are good and Thai banks are above average in their Moody's ratings. And it's in Thailand's interest to be part of a system that provides huge numbers of jobs and international credit etc. You'll note that 1500 Japanese businesses have said today they will leave Thailand if Suthep succeeds. Do you have any idea of what a disaster that would be for Thailand. The well to do protesting in the streets perhaps should take note of the fact that they will be substantially less well off if Yingluck resigns as they are demanding.

Actually, they got 48.41% of valid votes. They got 44.72% when including "None of the above" votes, and invalid votes.

Step down, as in resign.

I don't believe it would be illegal for the PM to resign. Politicians, even in Thailand, do it all the time.

Of course, people can quote and twist a sentence in the constitution to make it sound like it would be impossible, but they would just be using that as an excuse.

Like Suthep and his backers, you just haven't thought this through, have you? Let's say Yingluck and the cabinet get on a plane to Dubai tonight, never to return. Who would be running Thailand tomorrow? No fancy sentence twisting there, just a straight question.

• Like 2

Step down, as in resign.

Like Suthep and his backers, you just haven't thought this through, have you? Let's say Yingluck and the cabinet get on a plane to Dubai tonight, never to return. Who would be running Thailand tomorrow? No fancy sentence twisting there, just a straight question.

If Yingluck was to resign, a deputy PM would step up in her place. The protesters aren't asking the whole cabinet to get out. Just the Shinawatras.

Hilarious...............

" Yingluck the dictator "

Where do you get these nonsense ideas or, more importantly, why do you continually spout them ???

Hilarious...............

" Yingluck the dictator "

Where do you get these nonsense ideas or, more importantly, why do you continually spout them ???

Did I say Yingluck was the dictator? She is the puppet.

Step down, as in resign.

If Yingluck was to resign, a deputy PM would step up in her place. The protesters aren't asking the whole cabinet to get out. Just the Shinawatras.

Ha Ha Ha! So you're saying that if Yingluck alone were to resign and be replaced by one of her deputies, then Suthep would be quite happy to see the PTP government continue in office? Have you run that idea by Suthep yet? Isn't the choice of PM a matter for the cabinet and not a failed former never-elected deputy PM who can't even deliver on his 'Bangkok shutdown' threats?

I enjoy these exchanges. it's like taking candy off a baby!

Ha Ha Ha! So you're saying that if Yingluck alone were to resign and be replaced by one of her deputies, then Suthep would be quite happy to see the PTP government continue in office? Have you run that idea by Suthep yet? Isn't the choice of PM a matter for the cabinet and not a failed former never-elected deputy PM who can't even deliver on his 'Bangkok shutdown' threats?

I enjoy these exchanges. it's like taking candy off a baby!

The choice of PM is a matter for the majority of elected MPs. Suthep was an elected MP who became deputy PM when Abhisit was elected PM.

It looks to me that Bangkok is shutdown. There certainly doesn't appear to be much traffic going past my place.

Yingluck stepping down would open the way to negotiations. At the moment it's at a deadlock. Either Yingluck has to go, or she needs to send in the riot police.

edit to add: If Yingluck stepped down, a deputy would be acting (care-taker) PM until a PM was elected.

Edited by whybother

Back on Topic. The protest is quite clearly running out of steam.

Most junctions are deserted and the marchers are sticking to marching under the Skytrain to keep the sun off their skins. Perhaps if they had ever worked in their lives, they may have realised that the sun is hot when you are outside in it.... Thats why in Isaan they wear funny clothes.

Anyway, the elites worrying about undoing all those years of skin whitening and hanging around in Malls are just not up to this prolong protesting. So, more mobs will need to be brought in the the Students will become more prominent. Further Isolating Suthep.

The media are cutting well back on the pics today. BP was showing videos and drone shots on Monday describing a sea of people (even though it was the same mob appearing in different places and making the numbers appear 5-6 times higher than they were). Today... not a pic! why? Well, twitter feeds have the answer, there is hardly anbody there and the few media shots from the yellow side have resorted to close cropping them to make the shot appear full.

Problem there is that one pic is a guy on stage with about 5 people around him, and only head shots as they don't want to show the street is void of protesters. I've seem the stage from afar on other pic! Another report is of traffic flowing through Asoke! so full of protesters it ISN'T.

Yesterday one stage had to close the the residents of Cheang Wattana had the protesters outnumbered. Get the odds more in their favour and they will kick the shit out of them. Police also tried to re-open Lad Prao as it was virtually deserted... So... Where are they all now?

• Like 2

The protests will swell up again over the weekend when everyone is off work and then disappear again during the week.

Actually the protests have done very little so far, all of the government offices were meant to be shut down on Monday but now Suthep is saying in the next few days. He knows the only way to win this will be to do something very stupid like occupy the SET or try to take over AeroThai which will result in death and a coup.

Edited by bkkgooner
  • Like 1

Step down, as in resign.

Have you read the Thai Constitution ?

She cannot resign, the Constitution does not allow her to resign from caretaker PM post.

In the same way, the Constitution does not allow for elections to be delayed (unless in the event of a National Emergency like war, earthquake etc..).

• Like 1

Have you read the Thai Constitution ?

She cannot resign, the Constitution does not allow her to resign from caretaker PM post.

In the same way, the Constitution does not allow for elections to be delayed (unless in the event of a National Emergency like war, earthquake etc..).

Please tell me where in the constitution it stops MPs or PMs from resigning? Are you suggesting a Thai MP has never resigned?

Actually, they got 48.41% of valid votes. They got 44.72% when including "None of the above" votes, and invalid votes.

How many did the democrats get?

A cornered snake is a dangerous thing. With the Big Shutdown now a complete failure I'm going to make a prediction. Some time in the next seven days Suthep and his increasingly desperate backers will stage a violent event to try to goad the army into doing what they want. Most likely a gun or bomb attack on the yellow shirt protesters, or another act of airport terrorism.

A cornered snake is a dangerous thing. With the Big Shutdown now a complete failure I'm going to make a prediction. Some time in the next seven days Suthep and his increasingly desperate backers will stage a violent event to try to goad the army into doing what they want. Most likely a gun or bomb attack on the yellow shirt protesters, or another act of airport terrorism.

I didn't notice that all the traffic was back to normal and that all the ministries were back at work.

How many did the democrats get?

Why is that relevant?

Trying to determine who represents the will of the people. blink.png

The democrats clearly don't.

We'll find out in a few weeks who the people want to lead them.

It's not for little wannabe megalomanics with delusions of grandeur to impose a dictatorship that represents the interests of the Bangkok elite.

Sadly, I think you are about right and more likely next 2 - 3 days.

He will be forced into some sort of desperate action that will have catastrophic consequences.

It's either that or completely lose his "face".

It's all a sad farce until the violence starts in earnest.

Then it will be a sad, avoidable disaster caused by one mans ego, hubris and ambition........

It's a tragedy that Thailand has so called politicians like him and his ilk.

• Like 1