Medical workers support Narong in fight with govt

webfact

It look like western people not got respect for anyone who dont like Thaksin - you Isan lady teach you very well!

It is not about liking Thaksin or Yingluck or government it about a belief that democracy is the only reliable way forward. I really don't care who wins the elections. I just want to see a fair election and the majority party or parties forming the next government.

Write and publish your manifesto and gather support by forming truly democratic parties. Democracy is about catering for the majority and still remains the best form of government. I want to see the rule of law applied fairly and equitably. I want to see Thailand rid itself of the scourge of corruption and look after all its people not just help make a wealthy elite even richer.

Thaksin and his allies have won every election since 1992 for the simple reason that their polices resonate with the rural poor who make up the majority of Thai people.

If these protesters want to gain a majority and win an election they need to come up with equivalent policies that give hope to the majority of Thai people. To do this they need to gain the trust of these same people. What is happening today in Bangkok is destroying any hope of building trust with these people. The protesters are trying to steal the election from the majority. The protesters in the main are being conned by an elite who just want to maintain their power and wealth. This elite sees democracy and any party with the support of the majority as a threat to their own well being and affluence.

These protesters are being led into a state of Fascism and oppression of the majority. It has the potential to destroy the nation. Thailand is a modern entity it could end up being a temporary state on transition to a fragmentation.

I wonder how the likes of Islamic extremists are viewing the current situation. Some of them must see this as a huge opportunity to gain freedom for their southern bretheren. A wounded broken Thailand is likely to find it very hard to defend itself if it does come under attack in this way. Thailand must remain united this will only persist if they pursue a democratic path.

Please tell me - was that long-winded piece of rubbish worth writing?? Are you bored out of your wits or something?

Agree, rubbish.

• Like 2

I think the medical community would be better served if they had stayed neutral. They just opened a can of worms for themselves.

In other words you do not want to see any more opposition to Yingluck. Try to defend her for what ???

Lets all stay neutral wouldn't it be lovely. and leave her to Not govern honestly.

Using your logic the ConLibs should stand down in the UK, Obama should stand down in the US. Lots of people rightly or wrongly don't support their policies either.

It can be argued that Thatcher was brought down by the opposition to Poll Tax but there is a very important difference. Thatcher was removed by her own cabinet and eventually the Conservatives lost the 1997 General election. The democratic process was allowed to take its course. You can argue that Thailand doesn't have true democracy the same could be said of democracies everywhere. They are all imperfect. It is up to us the people in our respective countries to make them better. We end up ultimately with the government the majority of us deserve.

What is happening currently in Thailand, is effectively destroying what democracy they do have. As for this medical alliance it is the equivalent of the NHS workers refusing to cooperate with government policies. They then begin to actively work to oppose and remove the government. The difference is we have the rule of law operating in the UK. These medical practitioners would be subject to all kinds of disciplinary actions if they tried to do the same thing, quite rightly, in the UK. To give up neutrality in this way is totally destructive for them and for Thailand.

It is the same with the Thai colonel who has said that the American lawyer who made a statement in support of Thaksin is not welcome in Thailand. What right has anyone in the Armed services to say who can and cannot come to Thailand?

Anyone wanting to oppose Yingluk and her governments policies should do so by democratic means. If she is so bad and her policies so poor it should be easy to get rid of her at the ballot box.

Suggest you read a bit deeper / wider and get a better understanding of the whole picture.

• Like 1

Most of the rubbish seems to be steeming from two self-acclaimed guardians of the Democrats. Tell me gents, do two wrongs equals one right? There is no one here saying that this government is not guilty of stupitidy or greed, I for one think the PT has acted poorly. The protest against the amnesty bill I understood, but this has nothing to do about ridding the country of corruption. More like masking people's own ulterior motives by blaming the countryยดs problem on a few.

Now corruption in Thailand is rife and in the open, yet back home our politicians sheets arenยดt so clean either, yet you donยดt see this kind of thing occuring on the streets back home, or do you incite anarchy in your countries as well?

Protesting is one thing, shutting down a city would be considered terrorism in most countries, but I guess some do wish Thailand stay it always have stayed... a backwater country that you will go for cheap food and a wild nightlife.

Most of the rubbish seems to be steeming from two self-acclaimed guardians of the Democrats. Tell me gents, do two wrongs equals one right? There is no one here saying that this government is not guilty of stupitidy or greed, I for one think the PT has acted poorly. The protest against the amnesty bill I understood, but this has nothing to do about ridding the country of corruption. More like masking people's own ulterior motives by blaming the countryยดs problem on a few.

Now corruption in Thailand is rife and in the open, yet back home our politicians sheets arenยดt so clean either, yet you donยดt see this kind of thing occuring on the streets back home, or do you incite anarchy in your countries as well?

Protesting is one thing, shutting down a city would be considered terrorism in most countries, but I guess some do wish Thailand stay it always have stayed... a backwater country that you will go for cheap food and a wild nightlife.

you seem to have double standards, spvehat are you doing in Thailand or even in this forum?

It look like western people not got respect for anyone who dont like Thaksin - you Isan lady teach you very well!

It is not about liking Thaksin or Yingluck or government it about a belief that democracy is the only reliable way forward. I really don't care who wins the elections. I just want to see a fair election and the majority party or parties forming the next government.

Write and publish your manifesto and gather support by forming truly democratic parties. Democracy is about catering for the majority and still remains the best form of government. I want to see the rule of law applied fairly and equitably. I want to see Thailand rid itself of the scourge of corruption and look after all its people not just help make a wealthy elite even richer.

Thaksin and his allies have won every election since 1992 for the simple reason that their polices resonate with the rural poor who make up the majority of Thai people.

If these protesters want to gain a majority and win an election they need to come up with equivalent policies that give hope to the majority of Thai people. To do this they need to gain the trust of these same people. What is happening today in Bangkok is destroying any hope of building trust with these people. The protesters are trying to steal the election from the majority. The protesters in the main are being conned by an elite who just want to maintain their power and wealth. This elite sees democracy and any party with the support of the majority as a threat to their own well being and affluence.

These protesters are being led into a state of Fascism and oppression of the majority. It has the potential to destroy the nation. Thailand is a modern entity it could end up being a temporary state on transition to a fragmentation.

I wonder how the likes of Islamic extremists are viewing the current situation. Some of them must see this as a huge opportunity to gain freedom for their southern bretheren. A wounded broken Thailand is likely to find it very hard to defend itself if it does come under attack in this way. Thailand must remain united this will only persist if they pursue a democratic path.

You think you know Thailand much good from Thai people. Thai people dont care Democracy - democracy in Thailamd mean buy vote and win, mean bring back Thaksin to steal from us again THAT is why these people protest now!! With Democracy have to come the law and Thaksin failed to bring that last time. If you like your western way of democracy so much go back home to it and leave us to find our own way!

you seem to have double standards, spvehat are you doing in Thailand or even in this forum?

Hush little anarchist, donยดt say a word, Suthep is going to take you down the yellow brick road...

Hmm, Iยดm sorry was there a question on the horizon?

Edited by maxme

You think you know Thailand much good from Thai people. Thai people dont care Democracy - democracy in Thailamd mean buy vote and win, mean bring back Thaksin to steal from us again THAT is why these people protest now!! With Democracy have to come the law and Thaksin failed to bring that last time. If you like your western way of democracy so much go back home to it and leave us to find our own way!

????????

Hush little anarchist, donยดt say a word, Suthep is going to take you down the yellow brick road...

like they say .. go home, you clueless!!!

Now be the intelligent one and elaborate...

Edited by maxme

perhaps you're dislexlic??

perhaps you're dislexlic??

Oh, the irony...

Neutrality is sacrosanct in the medical professional, that's why in times of war doctors treat patients regardless of the side they're on. The "right to protest" doesn't mean you can abandon your duties on any political whim. These guys are totally unprofessional.

What do bureaucrats do in times of war O Wise One?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Neutrality is sacrosanct in the medical professional, that's why in times of war doctors treat patients regardless of the side they're on. The "right to protest" doesn't mean you can abandon your duties on any political whim. These guys are totally unprofessional.

What do bureaucrats do in times of war O Wise One?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Normally they shut up and do their job irrespective of who's in power.