Thai Army chief calls urgent Top Five meeting‏

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You talk like Tkaksin and his red team. There will be no coup. Yingluck has to clean up the mess herself.

No coup? LOL what do you think is going on right now?

Protests are going on right now.

You don't think the protests are part of the game, next level of that game is violence on the streets, then tanks on the streets and change of current gov.

How do you suppose it would like, is army simply rolls 5 tanks to gov house and kicks her out. Doesn't look good at all, yes? That is why protests are needed.

2006 coup was crude, this time its gonna look much smoother.

You talk like Tkaksin and his red team. There will be no coup. Yingluck has to clean up the mess herself.

You don't think the protests are part of the game, next level of that game is violence on the streets, then tanks on the streets and change of current gov.

How do you suppose it would like, is army simply rolls 5 tanks to gov house and kicks her out. Doesn't look good at all, yes? That is why protests are needed.

I wouldn't consider opening a fortune reading shop if I were you!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Everything was normal today around Vibahadi Rangsit Road on the way to and from Don Muang airport at 9am. I did see about 20 protestors loping along the pavement, well, walking in a loping style, didn't mean to imply they were running, but they weren't trying to stop traffic or anything like that.

The meeting of the top brass may be because they suddenly realized that it's not good PR to attend a party when the capital city is in the grip of mass protests. Or, didn't one of the red shirts allegedly just make some threatening remarks about the children of the top guy? In which case, maybe the meeting is a message of some sort to the tweeter involved. Or maybe they just felt they all needed to be on the same page for the rest of the weeks.

The headline may well be written in a more lurid way than actually occurred in reality.

Who knows. Personally I'd prefer the military stay on top of things. If events go pear shaped they are the only people who can give any kind of guarantee for my safety

• Like 1

Maybe they are meeting to discuss the low turnout?

More absolute <deleted>. If you had watched Bluesky you would have known by 9:30 a.m. that there were millions on the streets in Bangkok. By mid afternoon the numbers were swelled to prove you wrong, so wrong.

Surely not enough excuse yet to stage a coup.

555........ I was thinking the same!

Getting together to discuss if they should have some people fire into the crowd or toss a few grenades to get the violence going.

Have some Dr. "university lecturer" idiot sexually insulting the PM on stage and live TV to provoke an attack?

They have to come up with something soon. Time is running out!

By the way what where they celebrating? "Uselessness?" 555

• Like 2

I wouldn't consider opening a fortune reading shop if I were you!

Do you follow news at all?

Who needs a big turnout when the police are doing NOTHING to stop it. I could get some boy scouts to do the same thing. The ploy is obvious - let it run it's course. They are hoping for a backlash from the public. They are hoping for unseen hands to carry out violence to put protesters off of protesting.

Take a look at the pics here. Hardly a low turnout:

https://twitter.com/georgebkk

Anyone got INDEPENDANT official numbers on todays turnout?

The "official" numbers depend on who you ask - anywhere between 5000 - 6 million!

Getting together to discuss if they should have some people fire into the crowd or toss a few grenades to get the violence going.

Have some Dr. "university lecturer" idiot sexually insulting the PM on stage and live TV to provoke an attack?

They are probably getting flack from the Courts as the plan was they all coup together. The Judicial Coup is well underway as the old dodderers on there have been around far too long and have no independent thought whatsoever.

The Army may have been exposed to some education or free thinking during their training abroad and are starting to wonder if they should be keeping this fossil collection in power. Don't forget also that after the last Coup The EU blockaded the Army's new toys (Germany witheld delivery of armaments needed to suppress farmers basically) and the Americans withheld aid.. Hence, the Dems had to give them an instant vastly inflated anual budget.

They have all been wrong footed by Yingluck giving Suthep free reign to shit in his and the elites backyard. Much as they'd love to and it has long been in the blueprints, the Army just have enough braincells more than Suthep, which is enough to realise that this is not a popular uprising at all in the eyes of the world

• Like 2

My whole family lives about 200 meters from the Victory Monument. My wife and niece just returned and said it was very sanook. Please don't let people blow this whole thing out a proportion. If every country lived as the Thais do, it would be a better world.

God bless Thailand ... Long Live The King

They are probably getting flack from the Courts as the plan was they all coup together. The Judicial Coup is well underway as the old dodderers on there have been around far too long and have no independent thought whatsoever.

The Army may have been exposed to some education or free thinking during their training abroad and are starting to wonder if they should be keeping this fossil collection in power. Don't forget also that after the last Coup The EU blockaded the Army's new toys (Germany witheld delivery of armaments needed to suppress farmers basically) and the Americans withheld aid.. Hence, the Dems had to give them an instant vastly inflated anual budget.

They have all been wrong footed by Yingluck giving Suthep free reign to shit in his and the elites backyard. Much as they'd love to and it has long been in the blueprints, the Army just have enough braincells more than Suthep, which is enough to realise that this is not a popular uprising at all in the eyes of the world

I absolutely agree with you - the judicial coup was started as a backup when the constitutional court was told how to rule and pass the case on to the NACC.

The NACC has realized that they can not get it all wrapped up to ban the 308 MP's in time for the February 2nd election so the EC asked for an extension to hold the elections in May. Enough time for the NACC to play their game.

Funny thing is why did the EC not simply give an extension to candidate registration at secret locations only known to candidates to avoid the venues being blocked by the demonstrators?

Oh yes they have to buy time for the courts and the NACC!!

Edited by Cnxforever
  • Like 1

I absolutely agree with you - the judicial coup was started as a backup when the constitutional court was told how to rule and pass the case on to the NACC.

The NACC has realized that they can not get it all wrapped up to ban the 308 MP's in time for the February 2nd election so the EC asked for an extension to hold the elections in May. Enough time for the NACC to play their game.

Funny thing is why did the EC not simply give an extension to candidate registration at secret locations only known to candidates to avoid the venues being blocked by the demonstrators?

and as if the Marx Brothers had written this sorry Judicial Coup plot themselves, the Courts were impeded in this even further today when Sutheps "educated" followers blocked off the Courts...... And these are the go getters who think they should be ruling the country

Who's in this Top 5 officers? Anyone know? Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well the PM is the defense minister, with vast experience in this field, served in the forces, (school maybe) she has to be present. You cannot leave out a high ranking person. She has proven background on how to run a non corrupt government, and is loved by all. NOT NOT

Your first (feeble) attempt at irony and you had to add the 'NOT NOT'. Keep trying.

Cheer up. You still have the record for over 5000 content-free posts. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

More absolute <deleted>. If you had watched Bluesky you would have known by 9:30 a.m. that there were millions on the streets in Bangkok. By mid afternoon the numbers were swelled to prove you wrong, so wrong.

LOL. millions?

Where? In what fantasy image. Not even the protest media supporters are claiming that.

While it is great to have passion about one's political beliefs, one should endeavor to retain a modicum of honesty.

The Financial Times a reputable, non partisan observer of the theatrics has reported the following;

initial large turnouts estimated at up to 200,000 dwindle to a hard core of thousands.

Edited by geriatrickid

LOL. millions?

Where? In what fantasy image. Not even the protest media supporters are claiming that.

While it is great to have passion about one's political beliefs, one should endeavor to retain a modicum of honesty.

The Financial Times a reputable, non partisan observer of the theatrics has reported the following;

initial large turnouts estimated at up to 200,000 dwindle to a hard core of thousands.

Please sit down when you read this. Bluesky are reporting 8 million for todays failure.

But, hey... they could be right.

I take it you came to Thailand to escape being certified under the mental health act?

• Like 1

LOL. millions?

The BP has the figure for Thida's protest in Ayuthaya at a whopping 100 people. That's one hundred.

I'm inclined to believe this because the reporter was on first name terms with them all by the end

I take it you came to Thailand to escape being certified under the mental health act?

.........yes of course if you say so!

How do you do candidate registrations in secret locations? Who gets to know where the locations are so they can register?

Hahaha!!!!

I suppose that there were Dem plants in the midst of PTP to cheat at the votes, forge copies of the legislation and refuse to accept the authority of the CC

• Like 1

Who needs a big turnout when the police are doing NOTHING to stop it. I could get some boy scouts to do the same thing. The ploy is obvious - let it run it's course. They are hoping for a backlash from the public. They are hoping for unseen hands to carry out violence to put protesters off of protesting.

No.. any violence and the army will jump at the chance to carry out the coup.

That is why police are being kept away - avoid a confrontation at all costs. It defeats the purpose of the police strategy if 'third parties' then start violence anyway. That is why the reds are being kept at bay, they realise what the army and protesters are waiting for.

• Like 2

That is why police are being kept away - avoid a confrontation at all costs. It defeats the purpose of the police strategy if 'third parties' then start violence anyway. That is why the reds are being kept at bay, they realise what the army and protesters are waiting for.

I disagree.

A coup helps PTP and nobody else

I disagree.

A coup helps PTP and nobody else

It didn't help them much last time (or their equivalent).

Exactly. When army steps in after a day or 2 of serious violence, blood and dead bodys on the streets, army will be seen as a force for good, they will end violence, and change of current gov will seem like something that just needed to be done.

2006 coup was crude and obvious, this time it will be packaged as restoring peace and order.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Exactly. When army steps in after a day or 2 of serious violence, blood and dead bodys on the streets, army will be seen as a force for good, they will end violence, and change of current gov will seem like something that just needed to be done.

2006 coup was crude and obvious, this time it will be packaged as restoring peace and order.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Great that you mention that - because it is actually their JOB - when really needed - and ordered by the government to restore peace and order with the least possible force in proportion to the threat!

There is no reason to stage a coup because demonstrations turn violent - staging a coup overthrowing an elected government is treason!

And of course restoring order in civilian conficts and riots is job of police, not army. When did you see army putting end to street riots in any democracy? Here ofc we dont have democracy. The reason police cant be used to restore order, most are her supporters, espically lower ranks.

For some reason you used a word 'treason', in a topic about politics of Thailand. There is no such word in Thai dictionary. In any country of Western democracy, you would be correct using this term.

Edited by valgehiir