Thai protesters to seize stock market‏

webfact

I hope my stocks will be moved to a safer location.

The roads are closed. They can not move your stocks.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Dam_n, I hope they evacuate them by air before the airports are closed.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously they are getting desperate, they already know the shutdown bangkok is a flop so they gotta do something outrageous, they quit democracy monument so having to stumble back there would really let air out of their tyres, staying at these 7 intersections, especially at night is too dangerous, it's sad but there seems to be know face-saving way out of this mess, except for another 'judicial coup' which will probably crerate a bigger mess.

No big deal....so the SET is closed for a day, just like a public holiday. The world will not end. They want to provoke violence and cause chaos. This will not do it.

Low turn out eh?

Yep, low turn out - currently 20% of Suthep's prediction. This threat in fact underlines the low turnout: without the show of force/masses they expected or hoped for, the PDRC are resorting to allowing their more radical wing to scare BKK Thais & the govt into bowing to their demands, by doing exactly what Suthep promised they wouldn't do, close the airport (or render it inoperable, which is the same thing). Obviously they consider endangering hundreds of lives to be worth it, as the orders come from above the dear leader's head anyway.

The problem with occupying the stock exchange is that it will take money from the pockets of those that bankroll the country, not the rural poor who support PTP. There couldn't be a clearer demonstration of the intelligence level of these 'educated' people. Also, watch as Thailand's already poor international reputation for stability goes sliding further down the U-bend. All it will take then is another coup to flush it through to the sewer.

Truly embarrassing for what could be a respected nation. Good for Indonesia, Vietnam et al though.

They also threaten to shut down air traffic control. That means: airports in BKK.

Today is just the beginning. If those immature kids don't get what they want, they will radicalize. Be prepared for some ugly days coming, and be prepared that supermarkets will run out of food/drinks in a week or so.

i am very keen to know the real protester turnout numbers ? any ideas ? the turnout in numbers, imo will dictate if this is just a small minority on a personal crusade ,at a huge cost to the country .....shutting down the stock exchange <deleted> ? shame on the military for not acting on the best interest of the people , the dems are becoming a laughing stock ..

Current estimate would be btwn 70,000 - 200,000 across the 7 intersections, including a margin of error of 40%, which is generous. Certainly way short of Suthep's prediction, which is how it should be judged. Although of course, there will be those on here who post on here pics of a crowded area in Silom & spout off about it being half a million without bothering to do anything remotely scientific.

It's simple: only the hardcore sheep can be bothered now, just like the red beaters at the endgame in 2010. Same mindset, different shirt. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

i am very keen to know the real protester turnout numbers ? any ideas ? the turnout in numbers, imo will dictate if this is just a small minority on a personal crusade ,at a huge cost to the country .....shutting down the stock exchange <deleted> ? shame on the military for not acting on the best interest of the people , the dems are becoming a laughing stock ..

Current estimate would be btwn 70,000 - 200,000 across the 7 intersections, including a margin of error of 40%, which is generous. Certainly way short of Suthep's prediction, which is how it should be judged. Although of course, there will be those on here who post on here pics of a crowded area in Silom & spout off about it being half a million without bothering to do anything remotely scientific.

It's simple: only the hardcore sheep can be bothered now, just like the red beaters at the endgame in 2010. Same mindset, different shirt. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

That should be red BLEATERS.

Any attempt to shut down air travel will be met with military intervention.

That's the line that was drawn by the military some time ago.

Shouldn't that be the duty of the police?

I haven't seen the police doing their duty so far have you? Quick bit of push and shove and they revert to type and back off leaving the protesters in control. Pathetic in the extreme and a travesty of the word 'police'.

To be fair, haven't they been de-weaponised? Imagine: now if you don't leave this intersection I'll come back wearing an even tighter brown uniform. You have been warned!

• Like 1

Lines in this country are drawn in shifting sands. The consequences of crossing a line depend entirely upon who is crossing it. If you are a member of an elite these lines are conveniently forgotten.

Capitalism is, imho, the best system humans have and possibly ever could have devised.

The failings in capitalism are lack of regulation, to stop the abusers, and the low moral standards of certain people in high office.

Agree with you in essence and the same can be said about Democracy...

Biggest problem is people using both in their own interest to crush, enslave, force their view upon others....

Whichever side they are, they are usually only on their own side :)

No more than 2,000, 3,000 at absolute most at Victory Monument at midday.

Now 16.15 hours and it seems that the millions on the streets are a figment of imagination from this nutcase from what I have seen on the tv and local news not a lot appears to be happening.maybe today will be cancelled and start again tomorrow morning.

Not in a glorified banana republic.

The army: the real power.

Abhisit was put at the top of the heap of power courtesy of the 2006 coup.

Thai dems apologists, please! Spare us the semantics of not really: "he was elected by the (army appointed?) MPs, etc.

Thai dems apologists now repeat from the top:

Thai Democrats have not won a general election in 20 years!!! No matter how much money they spent buying votes!!!

• Like 1

yes, please. Many foreigners, and some thai, will be very happy with weaker baht.

after the stock market, please do occupy airports.

BTW capitalism, with all it's stock markets, stinks.

While I agree with you that a weaker Baht would benefit all of us foreigners here in Thailand, you really contradicted yourself by saying that Capitalism stinks (with all the stock markets). If you want a weaker Baht then you are talking in a capitalist way! You want to see the exchange rate go back to how it used to be.. (ie: with Capitalist countries strong and poorer countries weak, so that you can 'take advantage' of the cheaper life-style). This in itself is a very capitalist way of thinking.

I am not saying that this way of thought is wrong,,, but you did contradict yourself by wanting a capitalist thing to happen, yet you slam the stock exchange system that gives you the benefit that you are seeking for !!

How does the weaker bhat help all the foreigners who live and work here and are paid in bhat?.

I hope my stocks will be moved to a safer location.

If you have stocks and shares in the Thai stock market they are high risk by default. Would I or anyone I know invest here? No.

Ironically, it was foreign investment that turned a sleepy South East Asia country into the superficially modern banana republic Thailand is today: eternally in the groups of countries on their way to distant (and unsure any time soon) full industrial development.

Do not expect cognizance of such fact from the Suthepistas. At most they know by heart all of the free stickers in Line.

In most countries around the world it would be the duty of the Military or a similar government agency.

In most countries around the world it would be the duty of the Military or a similar government agency.

"similar government agency? Such as the police maybe?