I want to play with the Boys

Gone

Ok ok play meaning music and the boys meaning the "good ole boys".

I stay in Pattaya Klang area but just on the dark side. I have a Martin, a Dobro, a Banjo, a Wash-tub bass, an Ozark Mountain Mouth Bow, some harps and a PA System.

You might have guessed that my main music is Bluegrass however I play several different styles also. I can travel too however I only have a motorbike so I am limited to my guitar and some harps HOWEVER I do know some "good ole boys" that live just South of Pattaya and if you play Bluegrass and live anywhere near me and own a car, maybe we can bring my Gut-Bucket down and arrange a jam session with them.

If not then we can just jam at my place and play any style you/we want.

post-147691-0-69814100-1389612238_thumb.

The only bluegrass "boys" are those that play with Earl Sullivan ("Chief") but you have to be up to their standard to mix with them. Earl is on FaceBook if you want to message him there.

Sorry Peter not quite correct on both counts. smile.png

I already know all of the musicians around town and that's why I'm looking for new blood to just jam with but not on stage as this gets very dangerous.

Not to put Ramshacle down by any means but anyone who plays a banjo without finger picks does not really "Play" a banjo. Also they have their own gigs and are not really into "jamming" so no time to just sit around and pick. Yes I would highly reccomend watching them as they are a fantastic group to see live.

New blood is good blood and I'm not interested in playing at venues where I could be arrested for not having a work permit or visa for that. Room jams are safe and much more fun.

I am out of Jomtien /Pattaya ,5 years now ,but there used to be a jam session at the Bristol Arms bar .It was /is on Soi 6 Jomtien .The next soi to Immigration and the same Soi as the White house hotel .They had a regular jam session every Sunday from about 6 pm .It was in Aid of a charity ( The Camilian center ? ) ,so the police were aware and allowed it .Mostly American and British musicians .

• Like 1

If you can do me duelling banjos and sweet sixteen by the Fureys....1 ltr black label is yours!!!

And Woody Guthrie style House of the Rising Sun, will get you the mixers also

I can do you Duelling Banjos, plus:

Foggy Mountain Breakdown, Earls Breakdown, Ballard of Jed Clampet , Rocky Top, Clinch Mountain Backstep and just about every other bluegrass number you can think of.

Only one problem!!

I don't drink smile.png

• Like 2

If you can do me duelling banjos and sweet sixteen by the Fureys....1 ltr black label is yours!!!

And Woody Guthrie style House of the Rising Sun, will get you the mixers also

I can do you Duelling Banjos, plus:

Foggy Mountain Breakdown, Earls Breakdown, Ballard of Jed Clampet , Rocky Top, Clinch Mountain Backstep and just about every other bluegrass number you can think of.

Only one problem!!

I don't drink smile.png

Not sure how Rimmer picks the banjer with those nails but I can confirm he can play as said. On the other hand, I do drink and will back him on all of those songs.

House of the rising sun is like the Eagles Hotel California........I NEVER want to hear it again !!!!!!!

• Like 1