Wrong bike name displayed on the greeen book

DrAzTiK

After 6 months purchasing my new bike, I finally got my plate, green book and insurance sticker.

I was quite happy but after looking the green book a little bit, I discovered that a wrong bike name is displayed on the first page ! My bike is an RkV200 and not a JL200GY-2C.

How can it happens, this mistake is almost inforgivable.

Maybe I am crazy, but considering how much time I have waiting my green book : supposedly because some problems with my visa photocopy ( happens 3 times), I wonder if there is not some dishonest

tactics behind that?

I will try to see the manager of my Keeway Shop as soon as possible.

Some uptades :

The keeway manager shop told be to not worry about the fact that a wrong name is displayed on my green book. The reason is that RkV200 is a new bike in Thailand (I bought mine 6 month ago) and that's why the they use another bike name...

Maybe I am wrong but the manager didn't look very confident when explaining me this reason. I have looked her deeply in eyes and told her that I found this process very very strange...

I don't know what do think but I hope it's ok, especially for insurrance . I guess it will not easy to sell my bike with my current green book.

However, the registration number is correctly displayed on the green book .

I would go to the DLT with the bike and green book. Advise them of the problem and ask for their help.

If all other related documents are above board - bill of sale, etc. you should have no problem.

I have found the staff - at least here in CNX - to be very professional and helpful.

• Like 1

Ummm. I wonder if they are doing a bit of a fiddle .. as in the jl200gy-2c has passed Thai testing but the Rkv200 hasn't. I'm surprised Richard Bkk hasn't posted as he knows about this sort of thing.

I would also contact Keeway directly and ask what the hells going on.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker

Some uptades :

The keeway manager shop told be to not worry about the fact that a wrong name is displayed on my green book. The reason is that RkV200 is a new bike in Thailand (I bought mine 6 month ago) and that's why the they use another bike name...

Maybe I am wrong but the manager didn't look very confident when explaining me this reason. I have looked her deeply in eyes and told her that I found this process very very strange...

I don't know what do think but I hope it's ok, especially for insurrance . I guess it will not easy to sell my bike with my current green book.

However, the registration number is correctly displayed on the green book .

This is indeed very strange. I don't think you will have any trouble because of this. But its still not acceptable as it is obviously wrong.

แบบ specifies the model/version of the registred vehicle. I would like to know what the DLT has to say to this. Maybe it is some kind of "official agreement" to register the RKV as "JL200GY-2C". TiT, you never know...

Just another reason to stay away from Chinese bikes. It maybe OK now while you own it, but your bike has just lost a big part of its value and you've just lost a big chunk of potential buyers when it comes to sale / upgrading to a newer bike. I wouldn't buy a bike with no green book or with wrong bike info.

The problem of the wrong name in the green book is simply fixed at the local office of Department of Land Transport. Normally will not take so long as everybody can see the difference and its a clear mix up.

Of course with the current demonstrations in Bangkok a simple correction in the green book can take some time.

I would recommend that you skip the dealer direct and contact Keeway HQ in Bangkok, they can assist you with the mix-up. It's for local dealer often very difficult to amid that they did something wrong, it has something to do with losing face....

Does wrong names, typos etc only happen with Chinese motorcycles? No, the dealer has to fill in a form to apply for the greenbook. On this form they have to specify the make and model number of the motorcycle, and it is here where we see a lot of mix-ups.

Most important is that the frame number and the engine number of the motorcycle are correct in the greenbook... the rest is simply corrected....

The problem of the wrong name in the green book is simply fixed at the local office of Department of Land Transport. Normally will not take so long as everybody can see the difference and its a clear mix up.

I will check it out. Thanks ;)

Of course with the current demonstrations in Bangkok a simple correction in the green book can take some time.

I would recommend that you skip the dealer direct and contact Keeway HQ in Bangkok, they can assist you with the mix-up. It's for local dealer often very difficult to amid that they did something wrong, it has something to do with losing face....

Does wrong names, typos etc only happen with Chinese motorcycles? No, the dealer has to fill in a form to apply for the greenbook. On this form they have to specify the make and model number of the motorcycle, and it is here where we see a lot of mix-ups.

Most important is that the frame number and the engine number of the motorcycle are correct in the greenbook... the rest is simply corrected....

But we have another guy in this thread with the same problem and the same wrong bike name for keeway in the green book possibly from another dealer.

This makes me think like this is a common practice.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

But we have another guy in this thread with the same problem and the same wrong bike name for keeway in the green book possibly from another dealer.

This makes me think like this is a common practice.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I thought the same thing - can't be a simple mix up, it was deliberate for a not known reason.

• Like 1