Woman executed on Pattaya Beach in front of well-known Hotel

webfact

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Executed"??? Call it "murder" <deleted>....

Who writes this drivel?

May she rest in peace...

Well, considering this is Thailand, and those words are in fact interchangeable in this context, even to a native speaker; perhaps you could also regale us with your vocabulary critique of the Thai language version of this story.

Please elaborate. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and zero knowledge of the Thai words which could be used in this context.

Edited by HeavyDrinker

It just goes to demonstrate that in a country where confidence in the law is so low, then confidence to commit such crimes in such a manner and in such a public way is going to prevail. This is evident all over Thailand.

I agree with what you say about confidence in the Law, but there is also the retarded notion in seemingly most Thai male's heads that you must avenge any loss of face. And possibly in this instance by shooting his GF in the head 3 times because she was flirting around ....... if he is caught and he has no money, he will likely die in jail. They throw away the key for those without any wonga .... particularly if her family have a higher 'standing' than his.

Who writes this drivel?

May she rest in peace...

Well, considering this is Thailand, and those words are in fact interchangeable in this context, even to a native speaker; perhaps you could also regale us with your vocabulary critique of the Thai language version of this story.

As such an erudite exemplification of your native language perhaps you should really know that the words, even here, are not interchangeable, even in this context, and yet you seek to educate others.

Could you explain the mystifying phrase 'vocabulary critique'? Are you really sure the word 'regale' is correct in this context?

O, to be such a self-assured person as yourself. We honour you for your self-worth.

good. I was hoping you wouldn't let him get away with that post. There's a big difference between execution and murder.

Can the so-called journalists at Pattaya 1 think before they write. Using the word "executed" is totally out of order. Seeing headlines like that, any would-be tourists will be running for the next plane to anywhere but Thailand.

It is a tragedy that she was killed, but please report it as "killed" or "shot". Any killing is unaccpetable but it needs to kept in context.

My condolences to her family, let's hope Pattaya's finest find the culprit and justice is done.

I am really at odds as to why you feel the word 'executed' is out of order? 3 bullets to the head from close range, by a male wearing a full face helmet. Which part of this event does not fit with your definition of the term 'executed'?

In my opinion, the tragic lady (and may she rest in peace) was quite definitely exectued.

Or are you worried about tourist numbers only?

• Like 1

Who writes this drivel?

May she rest in peace...

As such an erudite exemplification of your native language perhaps you should really know that the words, even here, are not interchangeable, even in this context, and yet you seek to educate others.

Could you explain the mystifying phrase 'vocabulary critique'? Are you really sure the word 'regale' is correct in this context?

O, to be such a self-assured person as yourself. We honour you for your self-worth.

While an execution is defined as a carrying out of a sentence of death, an execution-style murder is defined as the act of criminal murder at close range where the victim is under control of the assailant with no chance of escape or resistance. These are defined by the law in the US for criminals and police. In a warzone however, the double-tapping of a downed target is also considered an execution as defined by the US rules of war under the Uniformed Code of Military Justice. So in this case, depending on someone's background the words murder and execution would be interchangeable however more appropriately described as an execution-style murder.

• Like 2

Who writes this drivel?

May she rest in peace...

Unless we know the context of the murder then the word executed may or may not be an appropriate word.

To write executed without full knowledge of the facts is wrong.

Granted, three head shots looks like an execution but to use the word executed in the headline is nothing more than sensationalization.

Maybe Pattaya will implode before the Rest of the country.completely lawless.Then again it has always been so Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Perhaps.... PATTAYA, the Murder Hub of Thailand!!!!

Still say that if God gives The World an Enema, He/She will stick the tube into Pattaya.

I do wonder about the average Thai male's sanity. My wife's [Thai] nephew, a teacher, was found with a gun in his bag at a school check. When questioned by the family, he said that it was to protect himself from his violent students. I said to him 'what were you going to do with it, shoot them?' he didn't reply. I was then asked by his Mother and Father to bail him out and pay off the court. I refused, he went to jail for 12 months and they don't talk to me anymore, Big deal! My wife and her Mother agreed with me that it was on his own head.

• Like 1

"Bottom line: flirtatious girl was killed by jealous boyfriend - two persons whose lives have been ruined, let alone their families. Unfortunately Thai society is so embedded with the concept of 'losing face' and pandering to immature males throughout their lives that it would take 'centuries' of education to change such behaviour."

Second bottom line to that. We do not know if she were a "flirtatious girl", do we? Seems equally possible that perhaps if it were a boyfriend he could have been dumped by her, maybe for his chasing of other girls, or drinking/gambling, or even she got tired of his anger issues. But probably has to do with "face" plus the lack of ability to move on, compromise, see others point of view, etc in this culture.

Maybe Pattaya will implode before the Rest of the country.completely lawless.Then again it has always been so Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Perhaps.... PATTAYA, the Murder Hub of Thailand!!!!

Still say that if God gives The World an Enema, He/She will stick the tube into Pattaya.

you might be right. i assume GOD knows what important function an àrsehole performs. HE wouldn't waste an enema on that godforsaken place in the sticks were you dwell.

tongue.png

What is happening in this country ?? coffee1.gif

Read the Detroit paper lately?

The murder took place Pattaya. Detroit has no bearing in this senseless murder and an overseas comparison is moot.

RIP Dear Lady.

• Like 1

"Bottom line: flirtatious girl was killed by jealous boyfriend - two persons whose lives have been ruined, let alone their families. Unfortunately Thai society is so embedded with the concept of 'losing face' and pandering to immature males throughout their lives that it would take 'centuries' of education to change such behaviour."

Second bottom line to that. We do not know if she were a "flirtatious girl", do we? Seems equally possible that perhaps if it were a boyfriend he could have been dumped by her, maybe for his chasing of other girls, or drinking/gambling, or even she got tired of his anger issues. But probably has to do with "face" plus the lack of ability to move on, compromise, see others point of view, etc in this culture.

the full report (from a witness) indicates that she was a pretty girl who attracted the attentions of men and that she was very active on Facebook, and the B/f was extremely jealous as he posted a picture of him holding a knife to her throat - so while there could be another reason for her behaviour, the jealous b/f was factual.

I do wonder about the average Thai male's sanity. My wife's [Thai] nephew, a teacher, was found with a gun in his bag at a school check. When questioned by the family, he said that it was to protect himself from his violent students. I said to him 'what were you going to do with it, shoot them?' he didn't reply. I was then asked by his Mother and Father to bail him out and pay off the court. I refused, he went to jail for 12 months and they don't talk to me anymore, Big deal! My wife and her Mother agreed with me that it was on his own head.

Well done. People who act outside of the law must be held accountable for their behaviors, regards of national orgin, position, etc. The old saying, "Commit the crime, do the time" is most appropriate IMO.

• Like 1

It just goes to demonstrate that in a country where confidence in the law is so low, then confidence to commit such crimes in such a manner and in such a public way is going to prevail. This is evident all over Thailand.

You obviously have not lived in many places- Good guess is that you had a few good holidays in Thailand, liked the strength of your currency and eventually relocated to this country the bubble of ignorance and naivety in which you live. If Thailand were so lacking in law you could not speak as you do so impudently because you would be taken to task for it. People like you come here not the least reason being that in spite of corruption in the legal system you feel secure. I believe that you are exuberant in making your post- You could not care less about the girl. More likely you actually welcome an opportunity to make a defaming statement.

• Like 2

Who writes this drivel?

May she rest in peace...

Here's someone that writes "<deleted>" in a post and then goes on to criticise another person's English. Amazing.

• Like 2

As such an erudite exemplification of your native language perhaps you should know that you spelt "oh" in your last sentence incorrectly.

• Like 1

What is happening in this country ?? coffee1.gif

Read the Detroit paper lately?

The murder took place Pattaya. Detroit has no bearing in this senseless murder and an overseas comparison is moot.

RIP Dear Lady.

WRONG, Detroit has a bearing if you are a thai apologist trying to justify murder