Woman executed on Pattaya Beach in front of well-known Hotel

webfact

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't seem to matter what the topic, the use of language always appears to supersede the subject matter.

In this case the emphasis quickly moved away from the unfortunate death of a young girl to an argument about vocabulary and spelling

Perish the thought that posters on TV were to physically meet, but I can imagine that the outcome would be worse than any confrontation between PheuThai and the Democrats

Such animosity, such vitriol.

Calm down. It's only a game

• Like 1

Detroit is suppose to be bad , people know bad things happen there. Thailand is sold as a safe place ,low to no crime that is the difference. false sense of safety for the unaware, very bad

I'd be interested to see an example of Pattaya being sold as a safe "no crime" destination!

Maybe Pattaya will implode before the Rest of the country.completely lawless.Then again it has always been so Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Glad you don't live here talking shit like that.

agree with "glad you don't live here" namely Pattaya.100%

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Maybe Pattaya will implode before the Rest of the country.completely lawless.Then again it has always been so Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Perhaps.... PATTAYA, the Murder Hub of Thailand!!!!

Still say that if God gives The World an Enema, He/She will stick the tube into Pattaya.

No, no, no the beach is already shitty enough.

Actually for the type of place Pattaya is supposed to be - I don't find it that bad. You cut your odds of getting into trouble by staying half sober, coming home before 2:00am and not bad mouthing people, especially LB's and avoid any pick ups on Beach Rd. During the daytime I've never seen any trouble.

• Like 1

Just an observation

On some topics........such as this..... the "Like" tick box can be inappropriate....

maybe it would be better changed to an "Agree" tick box....

All the same

RIP young lady....

I sincerely hope that this piece of "low life" gets his just desserts

Edited by DD13

Why "executed" vs. murdered?

Domestic dispute fatalities, and it happens all over the world that women are in real danger from their partners- tend to happen in the home in the heat of an argument and usually involve severe beatings and usually prior incidents.

I think having a masked gunman shoot someone gangland style, 3 bullets to the head, can certainly be called an execution.

Since we have absolutely no information on the impetus for this homicide, IMO, generally in Thailand people get offed over money in this manner.

Edited by EBlair48

Just an observation

On some topics........such as this..... the "Like" tick box can be inappropriate....

maybe it would be better changed to an "Agree" tick box....

All the same

RIP young lady....

I sincerely hope that this piece of "low life" gets his just desserts

BELIEVE that he will get his just desserts. "What goes around, comes around" is the

fundamental "Karmic" principle of Buddhism whistling.gif

Edited by Rimmer
Quotes fixed

What a dreadful loss.

The senseless termination of a young life.

My condolences to her family and friends.

I hope and pray that the scum who killed her will be brought to justice, and have forever in a stinking jail cell to regret his crime.

Edited by Greer

FAR to many iilegal weapons on thai soil.

Looks like the Drug Free Village signs should be replaced with Loaded Gun Village signs

Shoud that is, only there are no Drug Free villages signs to be found anymore.

Edited by hgma

The main suspect is said by the Thai press to be a Chinese male, a tour guide, aged about 30, who had broken up with the victim the day before after a loud argument heard by witnesses, the subject of the row, as noted, being the male attention the woman was receiving on Facebook.

They have a name (or at least nickname) of the person they suspect.

"Executed"??? Call it "murder" <deleted>....

Who writes this drivel?

May she rest in peace...

Well, considering this is Thailand, and those words are in fact interchangeable in this context, even to a native speaker; perhaps you could also regale us with your vocabulary critique of the Thai language version of this story.

As such an erudite exemplification of your native language perhaps you should really know that the words, even here, are not interchangeable, even in this context, and yet you seek to educate others.

Could you explain the mystifying phrase 'vocabulary critique'? Are you really sure the word 'regale' is correct in this context?

O, to be such a self-assured person as yourself. We honour you for your self-worth.

1. I am not the one claiming verbal superiority to anyone, so this is a strawman argument.

2. Homicide > Murder > Execution.

In common vernacular, "execution" refers to a style of violence, rather than the carrying out of an official sentence. That they are interchangeable in this context isn't even controversial. This doesn't even take into account my original point that the definitions are so similar that a non-native speaker shuld be forgiven for confusing them

3. Regale: verb: entertain or amuse (someone) with talk.

I would find it very entertaining to hear one of these grammar police take a break from tearing down second-language columnists to take a crack at Thai language. And yes, it is the correct word in this context. Thank you for pointing it out.

By my count, you wrong on every point.

This first lesson's on me, champ.

Your welcome.

Edited by BeforeTigers

"Executed"??? Call it "murder" <deleted>....

Who writes this drivel?

May she rest in peace...

Well, considering this is Thailand, and those words are in fact interchangeable in this context, even to a native speaker; perhaps you could also regale us with your vocabulary critique of the Thai language version of this story.

Please elaborate. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and zero knowledge of the Thai words which could be used in this context.

I never claimed to. That was pointless statement.

But if you would like me to slowly explain my point, it is this:

People that live in glass houses should not throw stones.

What is the point of harshly critiquing a non-native speaker when they are doing you the favor of writing in your language because you haven't bothered to learn theirs, despite living in their country.

Is there anythign else you would like explained for you?

Edited by BeforeTigers

Life is not very important in Asia. You have an argument and the next day you end up dead. I read so many stories like this in countries like China, Thailand, and Phillippines. I will never understand it.

• 5 weeks later...

Life is not very important in Asia. You have an argument and the next day you end up dead. I read so many stories like this in countries like China, Thailand, and Phillippines. I will never understand it.

You are missing South and Central America in your list. Actually Africa doesn't do much better. To be fair, it happens in North america and Europe too.

Anyway, what is really missing here is any news of an arrest or a warrant.