Cant eat chili, not a fan of rice, anyone else?

lmfao

Just to add, to the lovers of a good spotted dick. and a toad in the hole,dont forget a good spoonful of Bubble and Squeek....always a treat with a faggot.

And of course,if you want an oriental treat there is always a tasty Ladies Finger !!

Don't forget Sussex Pond as well!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated earlier McDonald's food will lead you to an early grave

This is of course completely wrong (if not complete and utter <deleted>). There is no research that indicates that consuming "McDonalds food" makes people die prematurely.

The "McDonalds is deadly myth"- is a perfect example of how poor average Joe is a evaluating and review information. To counterbalance any claims that McDonalds food will make you fat, here's the flip side of the coin:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2014/01/05/teacher-loses-37-pounds-after-three-month-mcdonalds-diet/

Please note that I dont advocate the idea of eating at McDonalds, I'm just highlighting the need to review what we read; everything we read isn't the truth.

• Like 1

Just to add, to the lovers of a good spotted dick. and a toad in the hole,dont forget a good spoonful of Bubble and Squeek....always a treat with a faggot.

And of course,if you want an oriental treat there is always a tasty Ladies Finger !!

Don't forget Sussex Pond as well!

Must confess I've never heard of the Sussex Pond pudding...looked it up and it sounds good

• Like 1

I'm just highlighting the need to review what we read; everything we read isn't the truth.

Unfortunately the same applies to the linked article - it's about as far from a double-blind scientific study as you could get...

Well, that was the whole point with the link, wasn't it? Anyone could spend a couple of weeks digging up similar claims, in this case it wasn't too difficult to find statements that points in the other direction, but digging up some EMPIRICAL FACTS will be more difficult.

Again: I am NOT advocating the idea of eating at McDonalds, and opposite to kikoman I am NOT claiming that McDonalds is good or bad for you, I'm just highlighting the need to review what we read; everything we read isn't the truth.

Edited by Forethat

I'm not a great fan of rice either although I do eat it sometimes. I have also been advised recently by doctor to avoid eating spicey foods (stomach ulcer). And I don't have a kitchen.

My answer was to buy an electric frypan (Tesco under B500). I can do all sorts of things with it from fryups to casseroles. Just had a delicious pork 'n' liver hotpot and of course the pork here is so much better than at home. On top of that there are plenty of food outlets that have non-spicey on the menu as well as Irish bars that do excellent full English breakfast's.

But unfortunately I know nowhere and my frypan can't make a lovely spotted dick with melted butter and loads of sugar, or a sticky toffee pud, or an apple dumpling...aahhh

990bht in most supermarkets.attachicon.gif0000000007_1.jpgYou can cook your spotted Dick, bread, cakes, roasts.

I bought a Zanussi (think that's how it's spelled) oven about 4 years ago. It's only got 3 gas rings on top but is definitely my top buy here in Thailand. Nice to have a bake or roast when the rice or noodles start to bore.

http://newsroom.electrolux.com/uk/2010/02/02/zanussi-launches-its-first-multifunction-freestanding-cooker-zcv663m/

where you buy your Zanussi? i want one cheers

You have two options:

1. Choose a dish that is not made with chilli such as Fried Rice (Khaw Phad) with Chicken (Khaw Phad Kai), pork (Khaw Phad Moo), prawns (Khaw Phad Kung) or Noodle dishes (Khew tiou) with Chicken, Pork,

Prawn.

2. You can explain that you don't like spicy

Click the highlighted links and then the speaker icon, you can learn how to pronounce in Thai.

Sorry not very comprehensive suggestions, but will keep you away from 7-11 and McDonalds for a few days

Haha thanks, But I went to a local eatery this morning and I had a khaw phad kai, and didn't enjoy it one bit as I said I don't like rice, I am trying lol that is the reason why I posted this after I ate breakfast, I was just looking at the rice and thinking I would kill for an English breakfast haha, But the soup that came with the dish was very good, I only ate half the rice dish and I struggled with that....

Just eat mcdonalds every day, they now have breakfast.

Scottish food is good for you

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You have two options:

1. Choose a dish that is not made with chilli such as Fried Rice (Khaw Phad) with Chicken (Khaw Phad Kai), pork (Khaw Phad Moo), prawns (Khaw Phad Kung) or Noodle dishes (Khew tiou) with Chicken, Pork,

Prawn.

2. You can explain that you don't like spicy

Click the highlighted links and then the speaker icon, you can learn how to pronounce in Thai.

Sorry not very comprehensive suggestions, but will keep you away from 7-11 and McDonalds for a few days

Haha thanks, But I went to a local eatery this morning and I had a khaw phad kai, and didn't enjoy it one bit as I said I don't like rice, I am trying lol that is the reason why I posted this after I ate breakfast, I was just looking at the rice and thinking I would kill for an English breakfast haha, But the soup that came with the dish was very good, I only ate half the rice dish and I struggled with that....

Just eat mcdonalds every day, they now have breakfast.

Scottish food is good for you

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I know none of you guys has really ever been to Thailand so you don't know anything about the Mac Thai menu. Hint, it is not the same as Old Blighty, or NYC or LA.

Berry Mayo Dip, Berry flavored mayonnaise. You can buy just the dip for 9 baht (28 US cents) or you can buy 6 pcs of the chicken McNugget for 69 baht (2.2 US dollars) and get a free dip. Beside that blue goodness they also carry boba called McBubble Drink, Chicken Ham Pie, Corn pie and Pineapple pie, McMooncake 4pcs, McGrilled Chicken Curry Rice and a number of other dishes sold only in Asia.

If you really think the average tourist goes to the USA (BTW 'America' encompasses two continents and 22 countries, most of which do not worship Big Macs.) to consume burgers you are clearly delusional. The range of international and fusion foods available, even in hick-towns, in the USA is incredible compared to other countries - especially Thailand! Texas chilli, chicken-fried steak, jambalaya, crawfish, corn fritters, wild salmon, king crab, clam chowder, Maine lobster, Buffalo wings, BBQ ribs, Chicago/Boston/New York pizza, Philly cheese steak, Reuben sandwich... those are USA foods worth craving!

Right about that, Mikebike, and if you're in the SW, add all the delicious Mexican foods. As for the American hamburger? ... Who hasn't Googled what they feed US cattle ... tops on my list is chicken poop. Open a tab and check it out ... makes chili and rice look twice as nice.

If you really think the average tourist goes to the USA (BTW 'America' encompasses two continents and 22 countries, most of which do not worship Big Macs.) to consume burgers you are clearly delusional. The range of international and fusion foods available, even in hick-towns, in the USA is incredible compared to other countries - especially Thailand! Texas chilli, chicken-fried steak, jambalaya, crawfish, corn fritters, wild salmon, king crab, clam chowder, Maine lobster, Buffalo wings, BBQ ribs, Chicago/Boston/New York pizza, Philly cheese steak, Reuben sandwich... those are USA foods worth craving!

Right about that, Mikebike, and if you're in the SW, add all the delicious Mexican foods. As for the American hamburger? ... Who hasn't Googled what they feed US cattle ... tops on my list is chicken poop. Open a tab and check it out ... makes chili and rice look twice as nice.

I never googled what goes in American hamburger because I know. I used to grind it. The classic way of making tamales is to roast a pig head and scrape the meat off the skull. I don't have to google that either. And its a toss up who likes pig ears the best me or my dog. Lobsters eat poop. Who cares?

So because (apparently) there has never been a study that suggests that mcdonalds is bad for you, we should assume that it is as good for you as any other food?

A nonsense article suggesting that mcdonalds is good for you negates other research that suggests that that type of food is bad for you?

So because (apparently) there has never been a study that suggests that mcdonalds is bad for you, we should assume that it is as good for you as any other food?

A nonsense article suggesting that mcdonalds is good for you negates other research that suggests that that type of food is bad for you?

There was a tv show where the guy only ate at McDs for a month, at least one upsized every day, and finish each meal.

After 3 weeks his doctor said he would die if he carried on.

There was a tv show where the guy only ate at McDs for a month, at least one upsized every day, and finish each meal.

Of course no links eh? Well here is one. He is best known for having eaten over 26,000 Big Mac hamburgers from the U.S. fast food chain McDonald's in his lifetime,[1] subsequently winning a place in the 2006 Guinness Book of Records. He claims the Big Mac constitutes 90% of his total solid food intake. He is featured in the documentaries Super Size Me (2004) and Don Gorske: Mac Daddy (2005). He is the author of 22,477 Big Macs (2008).

He also maintains that he has no (known) health issues and has not had reason to visit a doctor. At his doctor visit on April 26, 2011, his first since 1985, his cholesterol level was 156 mg/dl, which is below the average of 208 mg/dl.[9]

Gorske worked as a security guard at Waupun Correctional Institution for 25 years. He retired in May 2011.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Gorske

Of course no links eh?

SuperSize me ......

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/

Of course no links eh?

SuperSize me ......

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/

You wrote, After three weeks his doctor said he would die if he carried on."

Link? Or are you making it up as you go?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Size_Me

"On Day 21, Spurlock has heart palpitations. His internist, Dr. Daryl Isaacs, advises him to stop what he is doing immediately to avoid any serious health problems."

Google is your friend ........

PS

The words in the show and reported by wiki differ ... view the show.

Edited by FiftyTwo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Size_Me

"On Day 21, Spurlock has heart palpitations. His internist, Dr. Daryl Isaacs, advises him to stop what he is doing immediately to avoid any serious health problems."

Google is your friend ........

PS

The words in the show and reported by wiki differ ... view the show.

Thank you for the link.

rather a baffling conundrum. in my extensive travels i have rarely found myself in a location where the kitchen staff were unable to obtain the makings of a satisfying meal based on my cultural tastes. perhaps you need a more imaginative chef who can work within the constraints of local availability to provide suitable regalement

Not everyone can digest dictionary's

• Like 1

Of course no links eh? Well here is one. He is best known for having eaten over 26,000 Big Mac hamburgers from the U.S. fast food chain McDonald's in his lifetime,[1] subsequently winning a place in the 2006 Guinness Book of Records. He claims the Big Mac constitutes 90% of his total solid food intake. He is featured in the documentaries Super Size Me (2004) and Don Gorske: Mac Daddy (2005). He is the author of 22,477 Big Macs (2008).

He also maintains that he has no (known) health issues and has not had reason to visit a doctor. At his doctor visit on April 26, 2011, his first since 1985, his cholesterol level was 156 mg/dl, which is below the average of 208 mg/dl.[9]

Gorske worked as a security guard at Waupun Correctional Institution for 25 years. He retired in May 2011.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Gorske

This brings in a completely new factor to the debate - could there be something but the food that causes people to die from eating?

Lack of exercise, anyone...?

Personally (biased opinion based on personal experience), I believe one can eat pretty much anything one want as long as one exercise accordingly.

• Like 1

This brings in a completely new factor to the debate - could there be something but the food that causes people to die from eating?

Personally (biased opinion based on personal experience), I believe one can eat pretty much anything one want as long as one exercise accordingly.

Got to agree, I exercise to extreme levels, and have to force myself to eat plenty of junk food, just to maintain body weight. It's sitting on your arse all day that kills you.

Edited by FiftyTwo

For sure for me No Thai food can't stand the stuff....

Spicy burn your face off can not taste nothing but but chilli..tom yum everything sour yuck....pad thai taste nothing but penuts...street stall food = poo poo sore tummy

Fermented fish sauce with chilli served with everything no thanks. the list goes on and on...

The half cooked weeds they put in my fried rice (that I don't like either) and still come out the other end in the morning same same corn if ya know what I mean..

For sure Thai food is one of the things I dislike about Thailand......

and I miss my mommy's meat loaf and her spaghetti sauce...

but there is Lots of things I like about Thailand as well...TIT

You live in Phuket right?

http://www.baanrimpa.com/thai-restaurant/menu.php

Thanks for that looks nice....but not real thai food...this farang style thai food all the way....

spring rolls=Thai food ...Nooo way

Got to agree, I exercise to extreme levels, and have to force myself to eat plenty of junk food, just to maintain body weight. It's sitting on your arse all day that kills you.

And if I'm not incorrect there's plenty of research to support that view...

You live in Phuket right?

http://www.baanrimpa.com/thai-restaurant/menu.php

Thanks for that looks nice....but not real thai food...this farang style thai food all the way....

Nonsense. Hundreds of different items; Royal Thai Cuisine. Read before you post. Spring rolls were one item of many.

Do you really want me to clarify one more time (after doing it again, and again, and again, and again, and again) that I do not claim that there are grounds to believe that McDonalds food is good - or bad - for you?

Actually, you did:

This is of course completely wrong (if not complete and utter <deleted>).

Actually, you did:

This is of course completely wrong (if not complete and utter <deleted>).

I am not surprised that you have now reverted to grabbing sentences and pull them out of their context. It does however make me smile because it indicates that you have now realised how wrong you are.

In my post I made it perfectly clear that I do not advocate the idea that McDonalds is good for you, something that I have now pointed out again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

How you can have missed that after I have pointed that out so many times, I guess we will never know.

This is of course completely wrong (if not complete and utter <deleted>). There is no research that indicates that consuming "McDonalds food" makes people die prematurely.

The "McDonalds is deadly myth"- is a perfect example of how poor average Joe is a evaluating and review information. To counterbalance any claims that McDonalds food will make you fat, here's the flip side of the coin:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2014/01/05/teacher-loses-37-pounds-after-three-month-mcdonalds-diet/

Please note that I dont advocate the idea of eating at McDonalds, I'm just highlighting the need to review what we read; everything we read isn't the truth.

I guess the best advice I can give you is to read what other posters write and try to admit to yourself when you've made a mistake or when you are wrong - which is the case here. That way you dont have to embarrass yourself by trying to claim that others post something they didn't.

Just saying.

wai.gif

Edited by Forethat

You get more condescending with every post - perhaps I've struck a nerve? I didn't take anything out of context - you wrote what you wrote.

Since my first post I have made it clear that I DONT advocate eating McDonalds food. Something I have pointed out over and over again.

And despite this you claim that I wrote the exact opposite, and in one of your lates post you even claim that I wrote McDonalds is good?

Without pointing out the obvious, you DO understand that just because I say that there is no proof what so ever that McDonalds food leads to a premature death it menas exactly that. It doesn't mean that McDonalds food I think is good for you (or bad).

You do understand that, do you...? Well, maybe not...

laugh.png

PS.

I've written a post regarding posters behaviour when they refuse to admit that they are wrong on TV. You might want to check that out before your next post.

Thanks

Edited by Forethat