Transport Minister Chadchart urges protester not to seize AEROThai

webfact

'Chadchart' urges protester not to seize AEROThai

BANGKOK, 14 Jan 2014 (NNT) - Transport Minister Chadchart Sittipunt is calling on the Student and People Network for Thailand's Reform (NSPRT) protesters not to seize the Aeronautical Radio of Thailand Limited (AEROTHAI).

On Monday NSPRT threatened to seize the Stock Exchange of Thailand and AEROTHAI, if Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra refuses to step down by Wednesday.

Mr. Chadchart said the government would not try to stop the NSPRT's plan as the latter has the right to stage a protest to express the group's ideas in accordance with the constitution.

However he personally implores the group to abandon the scheme, especially the seizure of AEROTHAI, explaining that closing off the firm would affect all flights flying through the Thai territory. Mr. Chadchart said damages would be done to aviation globally and further tarnish the kingdom's images.

He beseeched the protesters to think about the benefits of the nation before making any irrational move.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-01-14 footer_n.gif

"He beseeched the protesters to think about the benefits of the nation before making any irrational move."

Although his own plan to borrow 2.2 trillion baht of the books to have a general lark around with was neither irrational or working against the benefits of the nation? I'm smelling a rat as regards his sensibilities. Another candidate for the soon to be built political re-education gulags.

While your posts generally reflect what I fear about Mr Suteph, I didn't expect you to be advocating "political re-education gulags". Is that one of his policies?

"He beseeched the protesters to think about the benefits of the nation before making any irrational move."

Although his own plan to borrow 2.2 trillion baht of the books to have a general lark around with was neither irrational or working against the benefits of the nation? I'm smelling a rat as regards his sensibilities. Another candidate for the soon to be built political re-education gulags.

While your posts generally reflect what I fear about Mr Suteph, I didn't expect you to be advocating "political re-education gulags". Is that one of his policies?

Please post on the political situation for a change, how it has been managed and how much damage has been done in the 3 years.

You seem obsessed with the Villain Suthep which is warping your vision --The cause of the protest is ?????? now answer that and give us remedies--NO Thaksin Shins involved in any discussions.

I believe that the PTP will not have the support, and also in the aftermath most will be jailed for their involvement in the bankruptcy of the government.

• Like 1

Maybe it would be a good thing if they did take over AEROThai. The baht is getting stronger we need some help here guys. It's your job to destroy the economy along with the government.

"It's your job to destroy the economy along with the government. "

I appreciate your sarcasm, but............

I don't think the government needs the assistance of a few hundred protesters (that is the estimated turnout according to some posts here) to destroy the Thai economy. The government has managed to do quite well without assistance so far.

Unpaid rice farmers from the lower north are converging on Bangkok at this moment 14/1/14 because of lies about being paid.

However, I have previously agreed with many other posters that any obstruction of the operations of AEROTHAI should be dealt with firmly.

Edit to add:

RT @veen_NT: PDRC spokesman Ekkanat says protesters will not occupy stock market, airports, aeronautical radio of TH and BTS. #BKKShutdown

Edited by ratcatcher

That crafty undercover, cool, calm and professional Body Guard is at again! The cheeky bugger...

Publicus how's the nerve of this guy eh, continually masquerading as a member of the caretaker cabinet ;)

Gentleman Jim any word from our other undercover news reporter?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I hope they do it.

The government is doing waaaaaaay more damage to the country by their very presence. I think if these protesters want to really bring down this government who are happy to sit and watch BKK paralyzed for weeks, they should step up their campaign and take the airports and everything they can.

The sooner the government is overthrown, the soon er this place will return to normality.

• Like 2

RT @Tulip_Oum: 11:15AM Satit says PDRC will march to 2 undisclosed-locations this afternoon, and to every govt units on Jan15.-@prapasri_nna

Suwannaphumi & Don Mueang Perhaps?

RT @veen_NT: PDRC spokesman Ekkanat says protesters will not occupy stock market, airports, aeronautical radio of TH and BTS. #BKKShutdown

RT @Tulip_Oum: 11:15AM Satit says PDRC will march to 2 undisclosed-locations this afternoon, and to every govt units on Jan15.-@prapasri_nna

Sorry, it is not under PDRC control.

No organisation can control the true and real "People" of Thailand.

Not Thaksin, not Suthep.

BTW, Ekkanat is just a young boy. Not a real leader of the "People".

Edited by spare5

I hope they do it.

The government is doing waaaaaaay more damage to the country by their very presence. I think if these protesters want to really bring down this government who are happy to sit and watch BKK paralyzed for weeks, they should step up their campaign and take the airports and everything they can.

The sooner the government is overthrown, the soon er this place will return to normality.

You are aware, I hope, that seizing the airports and gaining control over the airport radio, puts hundreds if not thousands of life in great danger!?

• Like 1

DocN post # 14

You are aware, I hope, that seizing the airports and gaining control over the airport radio, puts hundreds if not thousands of life in great danger!?

Also such an action may well impede the escape flight(s) of concerned members of the Thaksin clan (there is a track record of such actions in the Thaksin records) along with previous escapees (Chalerm to name one) and of course all those valuable P.T.P. puppets with their money bags and baggage.

It's all been done before by a Thaksin clique.

Yea but he's right it is an irrational thing to do, bit like your posts really .

What an intelligent rebuttal. Not sure if your just lazy or unable to articulate an answer? You stated his post is irrational without giving a reason for it. His main point which is the 2.2 trillion baht that the govt want to borrow out of budget to ensure no transparency is a valid point. They spout stability yet 780 billion of that 2.2 trillion was earmarked for the high speed train.

You wanna know whats irrational.

If half of the current 12,000 daily domestic airline passengers used the high-speed trains instead at a rate of 1,600 baht per person per trip, the investment would yield a return of almost 10 million baht per day, or more than 3.5 billion baht annually it would take almost 223 years for the amount to be recouped. That is without interest. With interest included the ROI would be 403 years. The DEMS wanted the funding to come out of the budget and not a loan. That means the return on investment would be significantly less.

Pretty irrational heay? jai dam does have a point heay?

​Looking forward to your reason jaidam's comment is irrational now?

Sorry, it is not under PDRC control.

No organisation can control the true and real "People" of Thailand.

Not Thaksin, not Suthep.

BTW, Ekkanat is just a young boy. Not a real leader of the "People".

So who is in charge ?? What is the proposed plan of 'the people'.. By which I take it you mean the minority of people..

Or are you welcoming just anarchy ?? No leadership, no accountability ??

Yea but he's right it is an irrational thing to do, bit like your posts really .

What an intelligent rebuttal. Not sure if your just lazy or unable to articulate an answer? You stated his post is irrational without giving a reason for it. His main point which is the 2.2 trillion baht that the govt want to borrow out of budget to ensure no transparency is a valid point. They spout stability yet 780 billion of that 2.2 trillion was earmarked for the high speed train.

You wanna know whats irrational.

If half of the current 12,000 daily domestic airline passengers used the high-speed trains instead at a rate of 1,600 baht per person per trip, the investment would yield a return of almost 10 million baht per day, or more than 3.5 billion baht annually it would take almost 223 years for the amount to be recouped. That is without interest. With interest included the ROI would be 403 years. The DEMS wanted the funding to come out of the budget and not a loan. That means the return on investment would be significantly less.

Pretty irrational heay? jai dam does have a point heay?

​Looking forward to your reason jaidam's comment is irrational now?

Thailand is not really for High Speed Railway.... said the judge.

I hope they do it.

Interesting assumption. I doubt it is that uniequivocal. Edited by DMG333

DocN post # 14

Also such an action may well impede the escape flight(s) of concerned members of the Thaksin clan (there is a track record of such actions in the Thaksin records) along with previous escapees (Chalerm to name one) and of course all those valuable P.T.P. puppets with their money bags and baggage.

Look we can all say and express what we want.

I do not feel that the government is going ANYWHERE. Look so far... they have remained steadfast whilst Bangkok Stops and lots of people hurt. Rice farmers unhappy, their own supporters! DO THEY CARE? Obviously not. have they arrested Suthep? NO! They are sitting it out.

there is more afoot here than we can even begin to speculate. Whilst it is a pee wee government no one in the rest of the world cares much about, they still hold power and control the nations finances and WILL continue to do so.

The Army is NOT wanting to move in. The Police are actually behaving. The Government does what they do best - nothing and Suthep is powerless thus far to remove them and only cause havoc.

As these protests have continued and STILL NOTHING is done to bring down the government; only yet more talking. There is definitely going to be some bubble burst where things will go either 1. Crazy and unpredictable; 2. Army moves in ; 3.settlement on an election and Yinluck will win and a mess will ensure for ages hurting the WHOLE NATION. one of these buffoons care or know what to do. None have any idea what to do next.

We must ask ourselves in this case WHAT IS GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES? None of us REALLY knows.

Edited by marcusd

Remember after the Vietnam war? The flight from Bangkok to Hong Kong took me four hours flying around Cambodia and Vietnam. Late 70s then overflights possible over Danang; 80 minutes less flying time.
If Thailand is closing its airspace then you can turn off the other Thai lights as well ;-)

'Mr. Chadchart said the government would not try to stop the NSPRT's plan as the latter has the right to stage a protest to express the group's ideas in accordance with the constitution.' I doubt that seizing either the SET or Aerothai - which is responsible for aircraft safety - counts as a protest, never mind one in accordance with the constitution.

DocN post # 14

Chalerm did a runner? I think you mean the son who apparently shot and killed a police officer.

'Mr. Chadchart said the government would not try to stop the NSPRT's plan as the latter has the right to stage a protest to express the group's ideas in accordance with the constitution.' I doubt that seizing either the SET or Aerothai - which is responsible for aircraft safety - counts as a protest, never mind one in accordance with the constitution.

NSPRT is not under the control of Suthep.

I personally think to disrupt AERO would not be a good idea, But to go on about it would not be good for the country. What does he and the cabinet know about what is best for the country-all they do is eat at the trough, Most of them have no respect for their country. 3 years of their NON rule proves it.

Maybe if Chadchart prostrates himself before Suthep and "kisses his ring" that Suthep might consider his plea. That would be fair safer than trying to stand against an insurrection.

NSPRT is not under the control of Suthep.

It seems that way though - Suthep can order NSPRT around, although covertly and not publicly.

Yesterday NSPRT say they will storm SET, today PDRC says SET will not be closed.

NSPRT will do whatever Suthep tells them in secret.

Suthep not having influence over NSPRT is like Thaksin not having influence over Yingluck. Both are unlikely.