Natalie tour bus spotted on dangerous Phuket hill. It won't happen again, says tour firm

webfact

Natalie tour bus spotted on dangerous Phuket hill. It won't happen again, says tour firm
Wiparatana Nathalang

1389675559_1.jpg
The bus with the distinctive green Natalie logo on its side this morning rounds the bend at the bottom of Patong Hill where the fatal accident took place on December 29.

PHUKET: -- Despite an announcement yesterday (January 13) that buses working for Natalie Tour are no longer travelling east-to-west across Patong Hill, a Phuket News reader this morning spotted – and photographed – a Natalie bus doing just that.

The reader then put the pictures on Facebook.

Natalie Tour does not own tour buses. It charters six from other companies such as J&W Car Rental & Transport, or Best Way Trip Co.

It was one of J&W’s buses that crashed on December 29 with the loss of two lives.

After the crash Natalie Tour and the bus owners decided that their buses would no longer make the trip down the steep and winding section of Patong Hill near Wat Suwankiriwong.

Prasit Sornwattana, Phuket General Manager of Natalie Tour, said that the company has a new policy not to send buses over Patong Hill from east to west.

However, he said, “This morning a driver from Best Way Trip went over the hill.”

The manager of Best Way did not return calls this morning, but a member of the company’s staff told The Phuket News, “The bus went in for repair before the accident [of December 29] and this was the first time that it and the driver had been on the road since then.

“A notice telling the driver that he was not to use Patong Hill east-west was prepared, but he left this morning before we could give it to him.

“It won’t happen again.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/natalie-tour-bus-spotted-on-dangerous-phuket-hill-it-wont-happen-again-says-tour-firm-44004.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-01-14

>>“A notice telling the driver that he was not to use Patong Hill east-west was prepared, but he left this morning before we could give it to him.

Is that the best story they can come up? Accident was over two weeks ago and the driver knew nothing about the policy change...................................

• Like 2

>>“A notice telling the driver that he was not to use Patong Hill east-west was prepared, but he left this morning before we could give it to him.

Is that the best story they can come up? Accident was over two weeks ago and the driver knew nothing about the policy change...................................

Since the policy change is from yesterday that is not so strange.

When I was going to University I worked for a transportation company that had many busses. I worked in the office and had to directly communicate any necessary info to every driver starting a shift, so yes, I do find it strange that a major policy change was not relayed to the driver.

• Like 1

When I was going to University I worked for a transportation company that had many busses. I worked in the office and had to directly communicate any necessary info to every driver starting a shift, so yes, I do find it strange that a major policy change was not relayed to the driver.

It may come as a surpise to you, but you're in Thailand.

• Like 2

Looks like Best Ways are the new Pegas.

Just read the story about one of their buses in an accident in Chalong

Best Ways is a bus operator, Pegas(t) a tour operator (mostly) renting their buses from companies like Best Ways.

It may have only come in to effect yesterday but it was proposed last week giving them plenty of time to relay the message.

Just another Thai thing.No one to enforce anything.Driver would have got away with it if some one had not taken the photo.Nice one.

• Like 2

Best Ways is a bus operator, Pegas(t) a tour operator (mostly) renting their buses from companies like Best Ways.

So it's a Best Ways bus then.Yesterdays bus was rented by Natalie Tour but still a Best Ways bus

So it's a Best Ways bus then.Yesterdays bus was rented by Natalie Tour but still a Best Ways bus

Yes, but your comparison with Pegas is not correct. Except of course that both are involved in accidents and probably will be on a regular basis. As long as they keep their schedules as tight as they are the drivers are forced to keep hurrying up. It could get even worse now they are forced to take a detour with Patong Hill not an option anymore, because I don't see their timetable adjusted.

It may have only come in to effect yesterday but it was proposed last week giving them plenty of time to relay the message.

Just another Thai thing.No one to enforce anything.Driver would have got away with it if some one had not taken the photo.Nice one.

Exactly right..also I ,and i only presume that others nowadays have a mobile phone..anyone else out there have one?

Great wee device for communicating with others apparently.....facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Who would have thought, dont accept responsibility & done listen to prudent advice!

“A notice telling the driver that he was not to use Patong Hill east-west was prepared, but he left this morning before we could give it to him.cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

....maybe they could have called his mobile....or was it 'engaged'......

So the bus company does not change policy and the authorities on phuket speak porkies again. What happened to ban all busses etc using this hill? Hang I am so lucky I dont ever have to use this hill? BUT the busses now have to use Kata/Karon hill or Kamala hills to get to Phuket? What a shortsighted solution.

Time to pack up and move to CM.

Phuket should change the last letter of its' name to a letter "y" not a t.

Tourist safety, no just don't go there . . . disgusting.

Edited by ThaiMouse

rather a baffling conundrum. in my extensive travels i have rarely found myself in a location where the kitchen staff were unable to obtain the makings of a satisfying meal based on my cultural tastes. perhaps you need a more imaginative chef who can work within the constraints of local availability to provide suitable regalement

Not everyone can digest dictionary's

Really guys , what do you expect ? You know where you live.