Suthep threatens to capture five caretaker Cabinet members, Pheu Thai secretary-general

Lite Beer

Sigh ... ThaiVisa was so much nicer 10 years ago without all these idiots and keyboard warriors. Makes one understand why most of us 'old-timers' cannot be bothered to post any more.

Simon

Things were better because we were 10 years younger. Don't kid yourself.

Fact!

Are we any wiser, doubt it. 1507049.GIF

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Suthep and his small band of warriors can't survive out there forever. Like others have suggested, the government should stay on message, protect democracy and avoid confrontation with he and his loony bunch.

Of course, no self-respecting government would tolerate such insurrection, however.

Over 1500 Japanese businesses located in Thailand have signed a document last night saying they will leave Thailand if the country is run by Suthep's mob rule according to BBC news this morning. They say this will potentially effect over 1.3 million jobs for business workers large and small. The Japanese are now looking to Indonesia where they already have vehicle plants and Malaysia where they have electronic and computer manufacturing plants they can move to quickly. Today 20% of all manufacturing by Japanese companies are located in Thailand. The Japanese are afraid this is the end of democracy in Thailand and are ready to move.

MCA

Your statement makes no sense as my thai wife and her friends where the ones helping to hand out free food at this locations, so how comes they and all the people they talked to where not made the same offer

Are you just trying to play with this posting

easy answer

Please send you skype address if you have a web cam or phone number to my private IP

My wife wants to speak to your wife Thai to Thai

I spoke to the guy himself. Not my wife.

I'm not playing. Sorry if it doesn't fit in with your myopic view of things. I've known this guy for years. Like I said he's got no reason to lie. He's anti-government through and through. If he had his blinkers on then no doubt he'd have told me that everyone there came of their own free will to overthrow the Thaksin regime and it's only red shirts who give up their morals for a few hundred baht. Fortunately the world is not painted in black and white to him. He's merely relaying what happened. Of course maybe he secretly knew I was a TVF member and simply wanted me to come on here and stir the shit despite it harming a cause he supports. Not.

• Like 1

MCA

Your statement makes no sense as my thai wife and her friends where the ones helping to hand out free food at this locations, so how comes they and all the people they talked to where not made the same offer

easy answer

Please send you skype address if you have a web cam or phone number to my private IP

Seriously? I would imagine the posters wife has plenty of Thai friends/colleagues she can talk to Thai to Thai.

You are missing the obvious

She has and not one is being paid

so if some one says that his wife was, let her talk to another Thai lady

when you live in Thailand long enough you will know,it is okay under their culture for a Thai to lie to a Farlang

But a Thai lady can not lie to another Thai lady

you have much to learn about Thai culture

MCA

easy answer

I'm not playing. Sorry if it doesn't fit in with your myopic view of things. I've known this guy for years. Like I said he's got no reason to lie. He's anti-government through and through. If he had his blinkers on then no doubt he'd have told me that everyone there came of their own free will to overthrow the Thaksin regime and it's only red shirts who give up their morals for a few hundred baht. Fortunately the world is not painted in black and white to him. He's merely relaying what happened. Of course maybe he secretly knew I was a TVF member and simply wanted me to come on here and stir the shit despite it harming a cause he supports. Not.

MMMh why am I not surprised at your answer

do you have a thai wife

Mine would still like to talk to her and ask her why her husband disrespect Thai

My wife knows nothing about p4p mob attendance. I know a few of her friends down there (anti Taksin, not pro Suthep) and they are not getting paid. One friend might be doing the paying her family is so wealthy.

But this is Thailand and anyone that knows anything about politics and demos is that you need to offset peoples costs to get them out. Fact of life. Stop whinging on about it, does not mean they are bought <deleted>.

• Like 1

MCA

easy answer

Seriously? I would imagine the posters wife has plenty of Thai friends/colleagues she can talk to Thai to Thai.

when you live in Thailand long enough you will know,it is okay under their culture for a Thai to lie to a Farlang

Quote--"a Thai lady cannot lie to another Thai lady" WHAT ??? Well I have been in Issan for a long time and this remark takes the biscuit.

ha ha you are joking

I speak good Thai

but if my wife not want me to understand what she is saying, they have a language that is unknown to use

or so fast I can not keep up

we must come from a different Thailand

MCA

easy answer

Quote--"a Thai lady cannot lie to another Thai lady" WHAT ??? Well I have been in Issan for a long time and this remark takes the biscuit.

I think he means her b.s.will be seen as such. Not that untruth cannot be spoken.

MCA

easy answer

do you have a thai wife

Mine would still like to talk to her and ask her why her husband disrespect Thai

Of course if you're not surprised by my answer then it wouldn't have taken you long to rip me a new one with your Jeremy Paxman-esque skills. But you didn't.

My wife's working today and even if she weren't it's highly unlikely that she'd be willing to get into " intelligent discourse" with your wife regarding my "disrespect" of the Thai people. I might take extreme offense at that accusation but seeing as you don't come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer I'll let it slide.

Don't bother to reply. I've said my piece.

• Like 1

MCA

easy answer

Enlighten us uneducated ones.

• Like 1

ha ha you are joking

I speak good Thai

but if my wife not want me to understand what she is saying, they have a language that is unknown to use

or so fast I can not keep up

we must come from a different Thailand

I am doing my best to understand what you are trying to say, you are making it difficult.

First post of yours I read I got the impression you were Thai, but soon realized you are not. this was because of some things you said that a Thai wouldn't normally say.

So now you say your wife is Thai. Why would your wife not want you to understand what she says ???? something to hide from you ??

• Like 1

I wish he would pipe down with his " my Thai wife said this/that"

Then we get lectured on Thai culture. It s not as if any of us are not married to Thais.

No doubt a reply from nutteroz about being hooked up with Isaan bar girls is on its way.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sadly it's only a threat. If there would be a corruption blacklist or something in Thailand, these 5 guys would be in the top 10.

So would Suthep.

However, such tripe is irrelevant.

You do realize that you have come out and supported a serious criminal act, don't you?

The sad aspect is you, because you have willfully supported a reprehensible and indefensible criminal act.

It is unwise to make such statements because;

1. It makes you a co-conspirator and,

2. It undercuts anything you say in this issue because you are advocating a serious criminal act that no responsible person would agree to let alone find humorous. I suggest you think about that.

"It makes you a co-conspirator"

In which country is it considered co-conspiracy to support any act, legal or illegal, as long as you do not participate or contribute in any way to said act?

It's actually called Aid and Abet.

To order, encourage, facilitate, or to actively, knowingly, intentionally, or purposefully assist, or otherwise promote or attempt to promote the commission of a crime or a tort.

I think you should look up the difference between the words "promote" and "support". But I agree with what you write, only noone here is promoting anything, they are supporting - and there is a big difference - especially legally.

MCA

easy answer

Does your wonderful wife also tell you, when you have to be home in the evenings and does she approve your friends?

She sounds pretty damn xenophobic to me.

Maybe- if she let's you talk- you may ask her, what Thailand would do, if all farang would go home and took all their stuff with them.

And maybe make clear to her, that by "farang" I also mean farang businesses, that employ many of your...ahm...her Thai- friends!

And now: enough about your wife please...and back on topic!

My wife knows nothing about p4p mob attendance. I know a few of her friends down there (anti Taksin, not pro Suthep) and they are not getting paid. One friend might be doing the paying her family is so wealthy.

But this is Thailand and anyone that knows anything about politics and demos is that you need to offset peoples costs to get them out. Fact of life. Stop whinging on about it, does not mean they are bought <deleted>.

Just a note - the idea that nobody is being paid is just not true. I have personal knowledge of a factory where staff are being paid to attend - and not by the factory owners but by an outside agent. The owner is less than happy as you'd imagine. This is not opinion or hearsay, it's fact.

• Like 1

Just a note - the idea that nobody is being paid is just not true. I have personal knowledge of a factory where staff are being paid to attend - and not by the factory owners but by an outside agent. The owner is less than happy as you'd imagine. This is not opinion or hearsay, it's fact.

Very true...I know of another with circa 400 workers...all paid or offered to be paid if attend

MCA

easy answer

do you have a thai wife

Of course if you're not surprised by my answer then it wouldn't have taken you long to rip me a new one with your Jeremy Paxman-esque skills. But you didn't.

My wife's working today and even if she weren't it's highly unlikely that she'd be willing to get into " intelligent discourse" with your wife regarding my "disrespect" of the Thai people. I might take extreme offense at that accusation but seeing as you don't come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer I'll let it slide.

Don't bother to reply. I've said my piece.

Easy to say but when put to the test find an excuse and avoid the answer

I had a bet with my friend 500 baht, you would not take on the chance to prove me wrong

thanks to you it will be my shout to night at dinner

I do not wish to make your importance any bigger than you already believe

my comments here are to show other TV members that the PTP have many Farlangs fooled

I wonder will they give the farang price to protest. clap2.gif

That's a good idea, then Suthep can claim he has huge international support. Six million farangs from around the world have flocked to BKK in support of the DPRC.

I don't know which ones of you are fighting about this, but some reports here looked familiar to me. Both my wife and her sister have been asked to come join the protests. My wife from a restaraunt we frequent, and my sister-in-law at the university she attends - both were told they would get 800b per day for coming, and that transportation would be taken care of (we are about 5 hours from Bangkok). My MIL also said recently that she was disgusted to see some neighbors who were "red-shirt" protesters in 2010 (I assume they were paid) are now traveling to Bangkok to get paid for this one. This was all over 2 weeks ago, so maybe this is old info.

Anyway, whoever said the going-rate for protesters was 800b/day, that's the same I heard too, from two different sources.

He must have lost his mind or a troll put up a news release in his name. Why would we have we gone from smiling, whistle blowing, middle of the road citizens to threatening kidnapping? Talk about shooting himself & his loyal supporters in all their collective feet!!!!!!!

I'm aghast!!!! Tell us it's not true or that you had borrowed the wrong ear medicine, or something, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

MCA

easy answer

This has to be one of the most ignorant, racist statements I have ever read on Thaivisa (which is saying something). The level of stupid on exhibit here just boggles the mind.

Please don't be too hard on the poster, you might drive him away. I enjoy his posts, always gives me a good chuckle.

@tezzainoz;

Just because your Thai wife is not paid to attend the protests does not mean that no one else is being paid. To think that, is naive in the extreme. You may have learnt a lot about Thai culture, sounds like you need to learn more.

You and your Thai wife might also want to consider what you are actually saying. If your Thai wife wants all farangs to go home, would that not also apply to you? Presumably, you are also a farang (or not, I'm not too sure because in one of your posts, you refer to yourself as Thai).

I wonder will they give the farang price to protest. clap2.gif

That's a good idea, then Suthep can claim he has huge international support. Six million farangs from around the world have flocked to BKK in support of the DPRC.
They won't get me out of bed for less than 5000 baht per day. Of course, there are those farangs sitting outside Seven Eleven everyday who will lend their support for the price of a can of Chang :) Edited by BirdsandBooze
  • Like 1