Yingluck says she will not resign

webfact

PM says she will not resign

yingluck-13-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra reiterated that she would not resign as demanded by the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) but to stay on to protect democracy.

Ms Yingluck stood firm to her stance in the caretaker role as the prime minister after the dissolution of the House of Representatives saying it was the duty which she has to perform.

She said she has repeated many times that she did not cling to power or stick to the post but to protect democracy which belongs to the people.

Asked to comment on her proposed forum to discuss the election postponement and there was clear sign that the Democrat party and the PDRC will not take part, the caretaker prime minister said the government would continue with the attempt to invite them.

She said she would like to see the Democrat joining to show its spirit adding political parties have the duties to run in the election.
If they do no not observe the rules, how could the country live.

Earlier Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva has said her proposed forum with so many participants would not resolve any problem but to even complicate the problem.

PDRC leader Suthep Thaugsuban has rejected such proposal saying there was no more talk, no compromise and no bargaining, except she resigns and leaves the country.

There was no win-win solution but either win or lose, Suthep said, and also disclosed the government has sent a mediator with an offer to hold new election on May 4 which he has rejected.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-says-will-resign/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-14

• Like 2

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowhereman60 thinks:

You go girl. She got more brass balls then Suthep giggle.gif.pagespeed.ce.AcGRO3FsZu.gif alt=giggle.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1819233433 width=20 height=25>

Could it be, that you missed that lesson in school about the bees and the birds?

Girls got no balls!

There are even guys have their balls removed.

And Suthep has several kids, so no brass involved either.

What Suthep has is the moral high ground versus a remote controlled pupped, handled by a convicted guy, who isn't elected to anything either. So much for their (your?) definition of democracy...

I think the worst part of your answer is that your really serious and then second part makes me laugh. cheesy.gif

Edited by Nowhereman60
  • Like 2

Why does she have to leave the country Suthep?

I think by Suthep's meaning could it be the same as Yingluck's brother TS. Probably Suthep know alot more what's going on in the government administration or any illegal deals/transactions. So if a throughly investigation is conducted, more or less she will be charged and the result may ended seeing her absconded?? She probably does not want to stay at the Bangkok Hilton hotel as well.

And why he said "She have to leave the country"

This is just my pure guess. When the time comes, we will know why. wink.png

• Like 1

Nowhereman60 thinks:

You go girl. She got more brass balls then Suthep giggle.gif

Could it be, that you missed that lesson in school about the bees and the birds?

Girls got no balls!

There are even guys have their balls removed.

And Suthep has several kids, so no brass involved either.

What Suthep has is the moral high ground versus a remote controlled pupped, handled by a convicted guy, who isn't elected to anything either. So much for their (your?) definition of democracy...

Isn't it birds and bees? I'm not quite sure...I remember learning that before I began my formal education.

Moral high ground? P'leez

• Like 2

Why does she have to leave the country Suthep?

I think by Suthep's meaning could it be the same as Yingluck's brother TS. Probably Suthep know alot more what's going on in the government administration or any illegal deals/transactions. So if a throughly investigation is conducted, more or less she will be charged and the result may ended seeing her absconded?? She probably does not want to stay at the Bangkok Hilton hotel as well.

And why he said "She have to leave the country"

This is just my pure guess. When the time comes, we will know why. wink.png

I am betting that is exactly what he means, because once she is out of the picture and investigations are urged into all her affairs and dealings, she is probably looking at serious jail time.... Hence.... Resign and leave the country because you will be doing it anyway.

• Like 1

Good for her the people voted her in and if they want her out then vote her out on Feb 2nd

Real easy

in the meantime the constitution requires her by law to stay as the caretaker until the new election.

Why should the PM resign ?? she is the darling of Issan. and she was democratically elected by THE people. and no matter what she has achieved in 3 years has nothing to do with anyone, only I want to stay on. to make sure Democracy stays. I am well liked by the people, I help poor people, (well when I have been in Thailand) difficult sometimes when you have to spend a long time out the country. But my cabinet are more than capable of running the job. I feel sorry as The PTP have the country in good shape.giggle.gifbah.gif

• Like 2

It was not Yingluck who said she would not resign

It was Thaksin who said she would not resign

Poor now even allowed to make her own decisions about her own life ..

YS ...... "Thaksin is it ok if I go potty now"

You have made an outrageous allegation here which is highly inflammatory.

You state "It was Thaksin who said she would not resign"

You have not put this as an opinion, you have not referred to unverified and therefore possible false newspaper reports from unnamed and unknown people.

You have made a claim it was Thaksin.

Please back up this absolute allegation you have made with unequivocal proof that your statement is 100% correct !

• Like 1

Good for her the people voted her in and if they want her out then vote her out on Feb 2nd

Real easy

in the meantime the constitution requires her by law to stay as the caretaker until the new election.

There is that vote em out and elections banter again. Silence is deafening on the other 14 principles of democracy they don't adhere too.

Not sure if it is just complete gullibility or the PT supporters have an off switch after elections that get turned back on just before the next election making them only ever see the 1 principle of democracy the PT adhere too in action. If that switch stayed on long enough for the rice farmers we won't have these issues by the regime. Good to see the red shirts are starting to wise up and not attend the rallies up north. So desperate are the paramilitary leaders they have rebranded to white. We might just see rice farmers overtaking the UDD PTP falang supporters on the intellectual level the way this is going!

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

I have been awaiting any of these 3 groups, PRDC, PT, and Democrats, to show some orginal thinking and propose and intiate action which would work toward solving the problems/reasons which have resulted in this "Mexican standoff" The first two seem intent on telling the other group what or what not to do, while the Democrats seem to think their contibution of "not fielding canidates"is action is beyond me, as it seems its inaction.

First they all need to acknowldge that their party members and coalation partners have in the past, let the nation down due to corruption of public funds from just about every government agency ever given a budget. Then propose how they would propose going about correcting this. The RTP organization may need individual attention and action just to clean that cesspit of humanity from the top down. Now the first one of these groups who propose Opposition appointments to minister position will get the first 'attaboy' award.

The one thing that seems certain is a committe of 10, 20, 50 or 100 has much less chance of accomplishing something positive in an acceptable time frame than one of 3 or 6.

Edited by slapout

It was not Yingluck who said she would not resign

It was Thaksin who said she would not resign

Poor now even allowed to make her own decisions about her own life ..

YS ...... "Thaksin is it ok if I go potty now"

You have made an outrageous allegation here which is highly inflammatory.

You state "It was Thaksin who said she would not resign"

You have not put this as an opinion, you have not referred to unverified and therefore possible false newspaper reports from unnamed and unknown people.

You have made a claim it was Thaksin.

Please back up this absolute allegation you have made with unequivocal proof that your statement is 100% correct !

...or dont. Its just a message board, not a court of law :)

• Like 2