Russian Man Arrested With Marijuana

Rimmer

Is this a joke?

They sent a "team" to do something about narcotics on Walking Street and all they found was one foreigner with 3 grams of weed. But then they even weren't able to keep him apprehended. In the meantime there were probably about 100 Thai teens close by either on or selling Yaba.

But, why do actual police work when you do not have to? The revenue collection agency was doing just that. I hear the average bride for pot possession in small amounts like this is 100,000 baht. That is a lot of money. So, why do actual police work when there is this kind of money to be made? The fact that people are getting arrested for pot possession says a lot. The fact that they would target a Russian over the local teens says even more. What else needs to be said about this? Perhaps it is the policemen who made this arrest who need to be questioned?

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's look at the facts.

Special Suppression Unit.

Forces of Police team.

Suspicious Russian.

Police exposure.

Marijuana (dried) exhibit 3.14 g. (any connection with pie r squared??)

1 clear plastic bag.

Russian does a runner.

Sherlock Holmes needs to be brought in on this serious case.

• Like 1

I've yet to meet a smoker, who wasn't a nice person.

So they busted probably one of the nicest Russian guys in town, and just had to ruin his vacation

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Oh yay, jailtime for a $50 bag of Thai grass.

The world is such a safer place now.

Poor bastard.

Nothing to do with that......Is the stuff legal or not in LOS.............Yes/No........rolleyes.gif

It is illegal and a class 5 narcotic. In walking street they always try to sell ypu drugs: in front of the open bar on the left, with a loud band. It's just after the holy Tree and about opposite FLB bar. Another spot is at the end of walking street, in front of the last hotel. Here they often sell from a food cart and plain on the street. You are warned, never buy: jail is no fun!

Commit the crime. Do the time. Regardless of nationality, irresponsible behavior has consequences.

Have you never watched a pirated DVD? Downloaded a pirated movie or show? Never bought a copy T shirt, shorts, watch, wallet etc. etc.

Have you ever bypassed Thailands internet laws by using a proxy server?

How much time should you do?

• Like 2

He should have tried to pay the cops on the street, as soon as you are at soi 9 there are no deals to be made.

slightly inaccurate, its all deals once you are in the cells at soi 9, probably a little more costly tho

Maybe you could strike a deal at soi 9 if you have millions, but as soon as you are in the system there no bribes to get you off your charge.

And yes there are bribes to be had in the cells, like visiting privileges etc, but a farang once in the cells, can not bribe to get his charge dropped.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

That's not accurate and yes i am speaking from personal experience.

He should have tried to pay the cops on the street, as soon as you are at soi 9 there are no deals to be made.

slightly inaccurate, its all deals once you are in the cells at soi 9, probably a little more costly tho

Maybe you could strike a deal at soi 9 if you have millions, but as soon as you are in the system there no bribes to get you off your charge.

And yes there are bribes to be had in the cells, like visiting privileges etc, but a farang once in the cells, can not bribe to get his charge dropped.

That's not accurate and yes i am speaking from personal experience.
I was also talking from personal experience, but being Thailand I know there are exceptions to the rule.

That's not accurate and yes i am speaking from personal experience.I was also talking from personal experience, but being Thailand I know there are exceptions to the rule.

Sounds like you didn't get a good outcome, commiserations.

That's not accurate and yes i am speaking from personal experience.I was also talking from personal experience, but being Thailand I know there are exceptions to the rule.

Sounds like you didn't get a good outcome, commiserations.

I have never been nicked, luckily, but I do have genuine experiences and enough knowledge of what I was talking about to comment accurately. But please do enlighten me to my inaccuracies.

If he'd just played along, they'd have probably gave him a fine, kept the pot and kicked him out the door. Now he's probably facing jail time and deportation.

Or he could have paid some tea money when no one was looking and he would have been on his way. Now he is in a world of $hit and will cost him a lot more in time and money to get it settled. Best thing to do in these kind of situations is to relax and discuss how best to resolve the situation with the cops on the spot.

"He looked and was acting suspicious..." pretty sure they were just patting down whomever they could. i have been stopped numerous times and frisked. i look a lot of things, suspicious isn't one of them tongue.png maybe they just suspected he had some bribe money on him.

Nah, this is a regular game in Pattaya. You can watch it go down if you're patient, much like the jet ski scams. The BiB have an undercover thai selling dope outside 7 on Walking St. Whenever they make a sale, they give the hi-lo to the BiB and the mark is stung. The mark gets the shit scared out of him about missing his flight home and serving time in the monkey house. He is then marched down to the nearest ATM to make merit. Same as it always was. Rinse and repeat as it's a nice little earner.

• Like 1

Wow 3 grams of pot ! You go Supercops ! FYI Mr Plod ,pot is not nor has it ever been a narcotic.

Forget about all the other political issues involved, it is listed as a controlled narcotic or substance in Thailand.

Wow 3 grams of pot ! You go Supercops ! FYI Mr Plod ,pot is not nor has it ever been a narcotic.

Is it illegal in Thailand.....? Yes or No......?

Yes it is, and if you have enough to be considered distribution you will face jail time. Possession quantities, you could face jail time but probably won't unless you are a <deleted>.

So tell me what country not give jailtime if you are violante to official?

Wonder how long it'll be before possession of marijuana is decriminalised throughout the World, as is now the case in North America & the UK ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

UK?????????????????????

US everywhere????????????????

I'm just pleased that so many people here seem to hold the opinion that there are other, more important law enforcement priorities than busting Russians, French and the Thais for personal amounts of cannabis.

• Like 2

Oh yay, jailtime for a $50 bag of Thai grass.

The world is such a safer place now.

Poor bastard.

Nothing to do with that......Is the stuff legal or not in LOS.............Yes/No........rolleyes.gif

Some people are stubborn, every country have its OWN LAWS, the question is not are they right or not!

In Saudi Arabia one could be jailed and some have been for... carrying a Bible!

In Thailand as a Farang do not play with any kind narcotics...But Marijuna is not a...

I told you some people are stubborn...

No? ...OK maybe only obtuse whistling.gif

He had over 3kg "for persoanl use" cheesy.gif

Yes the boys in blue were born yesterday. I am surprised they did not allow him to pop out to a 7-11 to get some Fisherman's Friends. " I'll just be a minute or two "

He had over 3kg "for persoanl use" cheesy.gif

Yes the boys in blue were born yesterday. I am surprised they did not allow him to pop out to a 7-11 to get some Fisherman's Friends. " I'll just be a minute or two "

That would be grams and it is the boys in brown.

Would have been better for you if you didn't post at all...

Wonder how long it'll be before possession of marijuana is decriminalised throughout the World, as is now the case in North America & the UK ?

Hopefully neverbah.gif

Really? I thought the effects of that ridiculous US government anti-cannabis propaganda movie 'Reefer Madness' wasn't really taken seriously by anyone anymore. It was made in 1936, and most people who have watched it laugh at the absurdity of what the US government claimed marijuana would do to people. Oh well, maybe in another 10 years or so all people will learn not to take Reefer Madness seriously.

• Like 1

plenty of deals going down when I was there, often in the tens of thousands dollar range admittedly and Im unsure what happened after they paid, they stll got taken to court in chains so who knows

Washington state and Colorado does not equal N America.