Thai hatred

Kangawallafox

(Thailand is a third world country, most Thai ladies behave accordingly. If you think anything different you are fooling yourself, for them farangs are there for topping up their family income, you are an ATM, how dare you speak) Above is a quote from another thread, (another stated if you want love get a dog as you will not get it from a thai). These comments in brackets are not uncommon, and certainly prove my point as to people's negative feelings in no uncertain terms. I have seen my share of shady characters in Thailand however it's disappointing to see the majority get judged by the minority, even if the minority is out in force and large in number. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I only have one question why is it that the minority have so much power over the majority in every situation. Seems we let them, this is not meant to be derogatory, it is a fact????????????

• Like 1

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand is a third world country, most Thai ladies behave accordingly. If you think anything different you are fooling yourself, for them farangs are there for topping up their family income, you are an ATM, how dare you speak Above is a quote from another thread, another stated if you want love get a dog as you will not get it from a thai. These are not uncommon, and certainly prove my point in no uncertain terms. I have seen my share of shady characters in Thailand however it's disappointing to see the majority get judged by the minority, even if the minority is out in force and large in number. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You wrote, "If you want love get a dog as you will not get if from a Thai?" Boy your true colors came out early in this thread. What happened to you to make you so bitter towards Thailand?

I agree.

Both a dog and a Thai girl can love you.

The difference is the dog will not shit on you!

Thailand is not a 'third world country' but is a developing country - a significant difference. And after having exeperienced the rudeness, ignorance and arrogance of some Europeans and Americans then Thailand is a very welcome contrast indeed.

And as to the question raised by this topic, if you don't like it try and make an effort or p..s off and leave it to those who do.

Bob A. Relaxed in Lampang

Thailand is not a 'third world country' but is a developing country - a significant difference. And after having exeperienced the rudeness, ignorance and arrogance of some Europeans and Americans then Thailand is a very welcome contrast indeed.

And as to the question raised by this topic, if you don't like it try and make an effort or p..s off and leave it to those who do.

Unless I missed Thailand joining NATO or the Soviet Block, it's a 3rd world country.

Or did they change the definition of 3rd world when I wasn't looking?

Glad to see you avoided the rudeness, ignorance and arrogance of the Thais!

Guess you don't watch any Thai news, or speak with any Thais.

(Thailand is a third world country, most Thai ladies behave accordingly. If you think anything different you are fooling yourself, for them farangs are there for topping up their family income, you are an ATM, how dare you speak) Above is a quote from another thread, (another stated if you want love get a dog as you will not get it from a thai). These comments in brackets are not uncommon, and certainly prove my point as to people's negative feelings in no uncertain terms. I have seen my share of shady characters in Thailand however it's disappointing to see the majority get judged by the minority, even if the minority is out in force and large in number. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I only have one question why is it that the minority have so much power over the majority in every situation. Seems we let them, this is not meant to be derogatory, it is a fact????????????

Walker Bulldog.

Thailand is a third world country, most Thai ladies behave accordingly. If you think anything different you are fooling yourself, for them farangs are there for topping up their family income, you are an ATM, how dare you speak Above is a quote from another thread, another stated if you want love get a dog as you will not get it from a thai. These are not uncommon, and certainly prove my point in no uncertain terms. I have seen my share of shady characters in Thailand however it's disappointing to see the majority get judged by the minority, even if the minority is out in force and large in number. Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You wrote, "If you want love get a dog as you will not get if from a Thai?" Boy your true colors came out early in this thread. What happened to you to make you so bitter towards Thailand?

if you can't read properly,don't quote.

• Like 1

Hang on a minute and read it again, I quoted someone else, I'm the one saying the dog comment is disgusting.

Please read the posts properly so as not to make accusations, I'm sure it was not deliberate but that can be harmful, I don't want people thinking I said that.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Reading comprehention on this forum is disgraceful,and then another10 pages discussing something that didn't happen.

• Like 2

Hang on a minute and read it again, I quoted someone else, I'm the one saying the dog comment is disgusting.

Please read the posts properly so as not to make accusations, I'm sure it was not deliberate but that can be harmful, I don't want people thinking I said that.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

So did you write, " Thailand is a third world country, most Thai ladies behave accordingly. If you think anything different you are fooling yourself, for them farangs are there for topping up their family income, you are an ATM."

Are you blind or just a shit stirrer.

• Like 1

Unless I missed Thailand joining NATO or the Soviet Block, it's a 3rd world country.

Or did they change the definition of 3rd world when I wasn't looking?

Glad to see you avoided the rudeness, ignorance and arrogance of the Thais!

Guess you don't watch any Thai news, or speak with any Thais.

Third World Countries in terms of Political Rights and Civil Liberties.

Third World Countries in terms of their Gross National Income (GNI)

Third World Countries in Terms of their Human Development

Third World Countries in Terms of Poverty

Third World Countries in Terms of Press Freedom

Maybe you slept in that day.

Edited by thailiketoo

I would bet that many of the posters currently do not live in Thailand. Some may have just visited a couple of times - or not even that, who knows?

Full disclosure: I used to live and work in Thailand from 2001 - 05 but keep going back to SE Asia once a year and plan to move back after I quit my job (hopefully around 2020). I am not a Thailand basher but believe I see it for what it is and we can't have it both ways (all the things we like about it and not the things we do not).

JUst because someone posts about some unpleasant act or experience it doesnt mean that we hate Thais-it is just that we are looking for some improvement-like the soi Dogs-the standard in CM is way below any standard that we are accustomed to-so if Thailand wants to be a more pleasant place which is more attractive to tourists these are things that could be done-if any cares.Thats it.No-one hates anyone else-but unless we bring up these complaints the authorities will possibly never change anything ,so we try.

• Like 1

No K it's not clear.

I was (still am) under the impression that you are a Thai-basher.

IMO you are judging Thais and their culture based on a very limited "my culture's standards are the one true way" mentality rather than being accepting of differences.

Live and let live, learn how to adapt yourself to them while you are here, stop trying to fit what you perceive into your back-home brainwashing.

Your posting this OP just makes me think "we (try to) teach what we most need to learn".

-------------

And yes, learn how to use the forum markup to clean up the quotes, how to mark other people's words to differentieate them from your own etc.

It's not up to the reader to figure out what you mean, it's your responsibility to try to make that clearn

It's up to the reader to comprehend,which in this case was clear,not to make stories up to suit their own agenda.

• Like 1

@TLT

You forgot the most important link ......................... DEFINITION

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World_Country

I went to your link. Thailand is not mentioned in the text. But they do have a map. Thailand is the same color as the USA and Australia. I don't think the USA and Australia are 3rd world.

post-187908-0-27409700-1389854355_thumb.

Thailiketoo... Read the post again. He did not write that, he was quoting other posts and is wondering why other people feel this way. It's not his "true colours" but somebody others!

• Like 1

Third world has no real meaning anymore.

The state of development is a continuous greyscale, not susceptible to hard-line groupings.

Thailand is about in the middle of the pack globally by most measurement methods.

Both more and less developed than many.

IMO Thailand will only climb the scale to the extent a stable less-corrupt democracy and rule of law can be established and the education system radically improved - not holding my breath.

I've sometimes wondered the same thing. A lot of people are twisted (it seems to me anyway) in their views towards their host country and it's citizens. Apparently according to some, All police are corrupt. So what? Don't like it? Go where they're not corrupt (good luck with that one) All girls are hookers after your pension? Go somewhere else then. Getting expensive and your pension doesn't go so far? Quit whining and go some place less expensive. Don't like the people's views about ghosts, spirits etc that get blamed for air crashes? If it bothers you so much, go some place less "spiritual". Immigration and visas a pain in the ass? Go to where it's less stressful for you! It's not rocket science! Take a chill pill and enjoy!

Paradise isn't paradise? Most foreigners see only a warm climate, palm trees, friendly people and good food when they first meet Thailand. The reality hits when they decide to come and live/retire here?

Replace "friendly people" with "cheap hookers" and it's reality.

And I love it that way, most fun country in the world.

Edited by FiftyTwo

JUst because someone posts about some unpleasant act or experience it doesnt mean that we hate Thais-it is just that we are looking for some improvement-like the soi Dogs-the standard in CM is way below any standard that we are accustomed to-so if Thailand wants to be a more pleasant place which is more attractive to tourists these are things that could be done-if any cares.Thats it.No-one hates anyone else-but unless we bring up these complaints the authorities will possibly never change anything ,so we try.

In another thread a Thai bashing poster wrote about women picking out lice in each others hair. You corrected him and told what the ladies were really doing. You knew because you have some experience with Thai women and Thai culture. The other poster was looking for dirty habits of Thai people and mistook hair plucking for lice plucking.

My conclusion. You can be trusted to tell the truth because you have enough experience and knowledge with the Thai culture to tell a hair from a parasitic insect. Which puts you in a minority on Thai Visa.

In another thread a Thai bashing poster wrote about women picking out lice in each others hair. You corrected him and told what the ladies were really doing. You knew because you have some experience with Thai women and Thai culture. The other poster was looking for dirty habits of Thai people and mistook hair plucking for lice plucking.

My conclusion. You can be trusted to tell the truth because you have enough experience and knowledge with the Thai culture to tell a hair from a parasitic insect. Which puts you in a minority on Thai Visa.

I've definitely seen lice plucking, watched them crack the lice.

Not noticed hair plucking .... but I guess it could happen.

Paradise isn't paradise? Most foreigners see only a warm climate, palm trees, friendly people and good food when they first meet Thailand. The reality hits when they decide to come and live/retire here?

That's why there are so many long term retired people living here. That's why the nursing home business is growing so fast in Thailand.

The reality is, they like it much better than where they came from and decided to stay. They like the people, the food and the weather and the lower costs. biggrin.png

• Like 2

@TLT

You forgot the most important link ......................... DEFINITION

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World_Country

I went to your link. Thailand is not mentioned in the text. But they do have a map. Thailand is the same color as the USA and Australia. I don't think the USA and Australia are 3rd world.

The graphic is for countries "Cold War alliances mid-1975"

I've definitely seen lice plucking, watched them crack the lice.

Not noticed hair plucking .... but I guess it could happen.

Could happen. Who am I to tell you what kind of women to hang out with. In 10 years I've never seen a woman do it but perhaps we move in different circles.

Just replace skinny legs with head lice in the song.

Say man, don't walk ahead of that woman

Like she don't belong to you

Just 'cause hers got them little head lice

You know that ain't no way to do

You didn't act like that when you had it home

Behind closed doors, alright

Now you act like you're ashamed at a woman

Or you don't want nobody to know she's your's

But that's alright, you just walk on baby

And don't you worry about a doggone thing at all

Because there's some man, somewhere

Who'll take you baby, head lice and all

Edited by thailiketoo

I don't know the exact number or percentage of tv.com members or posters who are Thai-phobic and Thai-bashers but for sure there are a "significant" number who consistently spew their anti-Thai venom on a regular basis. I think some actually get a perverted pleasure from doing so ... and if not in Thailand they'd do it somewhere else.

I find it very interesting that on the internet people interact with other people while not knowing their gender, age, nationality, background, etc., etc. And wind up talking to people they would never associate with in the real world. It's also interesting how rude and crude people can be here when they can hide who they are. It often really brings out the very worst in people.

• Like 1