Divorce?

dragonfly94

I married a thai lady 18 months ago and we registered at the amphur but did not get married in the UK. Since married she has stayed in Bkk and myself in UK and relocating there shortly. Howevewr things have not worked out between us and I am thinking of asking her for a divorce.

Would she have any financial claims on me when divorced and if not while I am in UK would it make any difference if we divorced while I was living in thailand?

If you are both agreeable then go back to where you got married and get..divorced....thats it.

Got a couple of mates who did it and no prob and only takes 2 minutes....unfortunate but that life.....Mai P rai...Go forward....

AGREEABLE! That's the key word. It is a simple inexpensive thing to get a divorce. Just go back to the amphur, sign a few papers and you are free. If she doesn't agree things can get complicated indeed.

If you are both agreeable then go back to where you got married and get..divorced....thats it.

Got a couple of mates who did it and no prob and only takes 2 minutes....unfortunate but that life.....Mai P rai...Go forward....

I married a thai lady 18 months ago and we registered at the amphur but did not get married in the UK. Since married she has stayed in Bkk and myself in UK and relocating there shortly. Howevewr things have not worked out between us and I am thinking of asking her for a divorce.

Would she have any financial claims on me when divorced and if not while I am in UK would it make any difference if we divorced while I was living in thailand?

Difficult to answer from a legal point of view without more detail. Have you been providing her with financial support? Have you obtained any assets in UK or Thailand since your marriage? The financial settlement on divorce depends on these questions, and also if she says she will give you a divorce by mutual agreement.

As an aside you cannot legally marry in Thailand and UK, one is sufficient, and probably in your case one too much! :o

Difficult to answer from a legal point of view without more detail. Have you been providing her with financial support? Have you obtained any assets in UK or Thailand since your marriage? The financial settlement on divorce depends on these questions, and also if she says she will give you a divorce by mutual agreement.

As an aside you cannot legally marry in Thailand and UK, one is sufficient, and probably in your case one too much! :o

No financial support and not gained any assets in UK or thailand since married. She says she would be agreeable but when it comes to it I think she might think differently as she has already mentioned how much another woman we know got when she got divorced, she was married just before us.

No financial support and not gained any assets in UK or thailand since married. She says she would be agreeable but when it comes to it I think she might think differently as she has already mentioned how much another woman we know got when she got divorced, she was married just before us.

This is the problem in Thailand. everyone has an Urban Myth about how much a friend has had. Mainly because they lie to keep face. My missus does the same! :D

Best to come out straight and ask "How much"! Reasonable OK, if not, tell her a lawyer needs a large retainer to take on a case, not a lie.