Rice farmers to march into Bangkok

webfact

Even the poor farmers you claim to be helping and who supposedly love you are now calling for your head. Yingluck, PTP, Shinawatras, it's time to go.

Yes.The farmers are on the march.They were deceived by Thaksin.But now they know the truth and are bent on vengeance.So much for the support Thaksin and this government claim to have in the North.Soon we will see the farmers join up with the heroes on the Bangkok streets for the final countdown.How do I know this? I had it straight from the lips of that great reporter, Michael Yon.

• Like 1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hurrayyyyy.......they waken up!clap2.gif

Hurrayyyyy -- does that mean they will stop burning the rice rubbish and stop polluting the air this next few months? If that is true then for sure "they waken up!" That is something they can control.

Even the poor farmers you claim to be helping and who supposedly love you are now calling for your head. Yingluck, PTP, Shinawatras, it's time to go.

Yes.The farmers are on the march.They were deceived by Thaksin.But now they know the truth and are bent on vengeance.So much for the support Thaksin and this government claim to have in the North.Soon we will see the farmers join up with the heroes on the Bangkok streets for the final countdown.How do I know this? I had it straight from the lips of that great reporter, Michael Yon.

Someone just posted that at least his family in Ubon and an uncle in Buriram got paid just now. Of course the farmers marching are from Lower North and Central districts.

Someone just posted that at least his family in Ubon and an uncle in Buriram got paid just now. Of course the farmers marching are from Lower North and Central districts.

That is divide and rule talk.The farmers are on their way to join the resistance. They were fooled once but no more

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

That is divide and rule talk.The farmers are on their way to join the resistance. They were fooled once but no more

Now you're being sarcastic, aren't you?

If they do indeed kick this government out then they will most likely never get paid because no government no payments, plus if a new group get in perhaps sometime this year, like the Dems for instance, the farmers will lose as the Dems will simply say the rice game was nothing to do with them so they won't give the farmers anything. Punishment for being red.

The farmers need to keep this government alive and well to ensure payment.

Not sure about that. It all depends on where the rice is I guess. if it is stored with the farmers and they are simply sitting on it then the government has breached it's contract and the farmers can simply sell at market rate. This will mean undercutting the stock pile the country is sitting on but hey ho, the farmers won't give a stuff about this.

however, if the rice has been taken from the farmers and stored away then they are due payment and there is a contract that must be honored, so no matter who is in power it will have to be paid.

Now, this is my observation based on not very much knowledge about how the rice is moved and stored so i could be talking rubbish. I hope for the farmers sakes i am not.

anti corruption protesters to be joined by protesters upset because they are not benefiting from corruption... blink.png

government subsides on 'important' crops/products (like wool in Australia in 90s) is pretty commonplace.

the farmers where told they would be paid for their rice at fixed rate, they should be upset.

if this (now caretaker) government had had any logical election policies/promises they would not be in this position.

You obviously don't know what happened with that wool subsidy or you wouldn't mention it - unless you assume that all other TVF posters are ignorant.

Hypothetical: If the Democrats happened to get in at the next election (or via a coup or whatever), are they obliged to pay the farmers?

Probably not, but if they were smart ( a bit of a stretch unfortunately) they would certainly be using this to drum up votes by promise/ inference/ indication "although we are not responsible for your payments, we would certainly be looking at some way of recouping the money owed to you. It may takes us a couple of years to finalise but it will certainly be better than the current offer of "sorry no money" " .

And yeah the government is right to say that all is the Democrats fault.

1. If the democrats hadn't accused the government of corruption, they could have made more money to pay the farmers.

2. If the democrats hadn't accused the government of stealing rice from the rice-sceme there never would have been an investigation and there would have been money to pay the farmers.

3. If the democrats hadn't accused the government of vote-buying, they could have continued and the farmers would have had some spending cash for a day.

4. If the democrats hadn't accused the government of of corruption, the 2-trillion something Baht load had gone past, there would have been money to cover-up the hole, and the farmers could have gotten theyr money.

If this defense from Yinluck can't stand up in court anymore, Thailand needs a change of politics.

Amen.

• Like 1

This promises to be a colorful period.

Yellows protesting in White, Yellow and Black shirts,

Reds protesting in White, Red and Black shirts.

Whites protesting in White, Yellow and Blue.

Greens protesting in Green, yellow and Pink

I hope Suthep can lead all those groups to a good end without burning down Bangkok.

If they do indeed kick this government out then they will most likely never get paid because no government no payments, plus if a new group get in perhaps sometime this year, like the Dems for instance, the farmers will lose as the Dems will simply say the rice game was nothing to do with them so they won't give the farmers anything. Punishment for being red.

The farmers need to keep this government alive and well to ensure payment.

Please Please tell me where you go for the free drinks paid for by the PTP

Can I be like you and pretend I am a Farlang Red Shirt

According to my family, every farmer can go take out the rice that he pledged and sell it by themselves. The just have to take the coupon and present it and their rice will be returned to them. So it's not like they will lose it if they don't get paid, they can just sell it to someone else. Please do not spread false rumors.

Thailand Government Extends Deadline to Complete Payments to Rice Farmers -

it says until the end of January 2014.

just 10% of the farmers received payments. So 90% farmers

are still not paid.

Anyway, Yingluck will remedy that before the election, I think

POOF! There goes your support base. Keep it up. Numbskulls w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif alt=w00t.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1451809591 width=18 height=20

With the Democrats out of the elections, the farmer protests will hardly matter. If the Democrats hadn't opted out, focused on getting farmer support by using the failrure of the rice payments and other economic issues, they might, just might have gained enough support to win the majority of the House. Suthep is not the super politician he portrays himself to be.

With the Democrats out of the elections, the farmer protests will hardly matter. If the Democrats hadn't opted out, focused on getting farmer support by using the failrure of the rice payments and other economic issues, they might, just might have gained enough support to win the majority of the House. Suthep is not the super politician he portrays himself to be.

Exactly.

Ive said it a million times now. If they had put forward a fresh faced, un tainted politician to cosy up to the disaffected the election would have been damn close. The amnesty bill and now this have left so many reds disillusioned and rejecting Yingluck.

Instead they backed a mentally unstable career criminal politician to try and shut down Bangkok facepalm.gif

The fact the did (and lets face it Abhisit is far from stupid) suggests their motives behind these protests are alot more sinister.

• Like 2

I suspect if there is no coup there will be a new financial minister who may well find a similar message on his desk;

post-20091-0-64789200-1389881251_thumb.j

Damaging: Labour's Liam Byrne sent left this handwritten note to his successor before he left the Treasury in 2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2347524/On-eve-cuts-David-Laws-finally-reveals-Liam-Byrnes-flippant-note-joked-sorry-money.html#ixzz2qZOTsO3B

Edited by Basil B

POOF! There goes your support base. Keep it up. Numbskulls w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif alt=w00t.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1451809591 width=18 height=20

get a life my friend

even if an election is held they can not get enough MPs to form a government

so they are wasting the farmer money on a useless process

and you think this is okay

oh my god, how much have you been drinking at the PTP Free bar

The first effects of the policy of the missunderstood fugitive. I doubt the billionaire will use some of his own money to help the people that voted for him. The thieves are being cornered more and more. More victims will follow.

From what I understand the farmers are owed something like USD3 billion so I am not sure even Thaksin can afford that... unless the Baht collapses then he might be able to buy enough Baht.

It appears BAAC are broke and the govt has no money to pay them as the 2.2 trillion loan didn't happen and they can't sell the rice mountain for love nor money, so it seems PTP are screwed... as is the Thai economy if these muppet's continue.

• Like 1

Maybe they won't have to march after all. My family from Ubon just called and said they have received their rice payment this afternoon and their uncle in Buriram had also received it this morning. If you have family members in the North or Northeast, check with them and have them go ask at the office, most probably the payments are now ready to be claimed. Good news indeed.

You are Thaksin and your underpants are brown

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Cash or check? If check, dated when?