2 Robbers Deceive And Rob Women In A Deserted Alley

Rimmer

2 Robbers Deceive A Prostitute And Rob Her In Deserted Alley

223.jpg

PATTAYA – January 16, 2014 [PDN]; at 3.30 a.m. Pol. Lt. Col. Natthawat Srithongpech (Investigation officer of Pattaya city police station, Chonburi province) was notified by a Ms. Bang-orn Janthorn, aged 29 that she was deceived by a woman aged approximately 25-30 and 1 ladyboy who robbed her in a deserted alley. She was robbed of 2,000 THB, 1 Samsung Galaxy mobile phone, 1 Nokia mobile phone, 1 ATM card of Krungthai bank which the 2 robbers had already used and withdrew 10,000 THB in front of a 7-Eleven at the beginning of Soi 14, central Pattaya.

From investigating Ms. Bang-orn (the victim), she said that there was a young woman and a lady boy (the 2 robbers) who she didn’t know came over to her and said they knew a foreign man who wanted a prostitute, so after a quick chat she decided to go with the pair on their motorbike (which she could only remember that it was the automatic motorbike) then the 2 robbers took her across a railway line to a deserted alley where they stopped and threatened her to hand over her belongings and if she didn’t they would kill her

Full Story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2014/01/16/2-robbers-deceive-a-prostitute-and-rob-her-in-deserted-alley/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2014-01-16

Not the smartest girl in town, is she ? Maybe she was thinking they're Thais so they must be on my side, only faarangs we rob in Pattaya.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Not the smartest girl in town, is she ? Maybe she was thinking they're Thais so they must be on my side, only faarangs we rob in Pattaya.

That's a woman, who is doing a shitty job, serving sleazebags on everyday basis. She probably have to be opportunist and take the jobs which are offered to her.

She might be way less intelligent than all of us. That still doesn't mean that she has to be mean. Maybe she is, maybe she is not. Who knows. I don't know her circumstances, does someone here know?

However, by releasing her full hometown address, the media can be made sure that no 'lower IQ / lower class' people will ever do the same mistake of making a police report of their robberies.

I bet she is not very proud what she does for living. I can not understand the need, of people who are better of, to make her situation even worse.

Have some decency and humanity, please.

The woman in the article have most likely been burned by the Thai media a long time ago.

Maybe in the future we'll read a simple notification "Woman took her life after shaming" or simply "woman died" later on. That would be her.

Even if Thai media does what they do, could the foreign media show an example how to report these cases. How to protect the victims, instead putting them to the fire.

So for the person who made the executive decision to put her home address back (it was removed for an while). Think about it for the next time you read when a person takes her own life away.

"She might be way less intelligent than all of us".

Judging from many posts that would be very debatable.

Yes it is. It was just a way to make some of the TV members to think about who they really are.

So how did they withdraw the money from the ATM?? She must have given them her pin????

I was wondering about that myself. There must be more to this story than what's reported here.

YUP, I agree, theres more to this story. bm "oilinki" will believe the prostitute, but I would guess she is lying.

That's a woman, who is doing a shitty job, serving sleazebags on everyday basis. She probably have to be opportunist and take the jobs which are offered to her.

She might be way less intelligent than all of us. That still doesn't mean that she has to be mean. Maybe she is, maybe she is not. Who knows. I don't know her circumstances, does someone here know?

However, by releasing her full hometown address, the media can be made sure that no 'lower IQ / lower class' people will ever do the same mistake of making a police report of their robberies.

I bet she is not very proud what she does for living. I can not understand the need, of people who are better of, to make her situation even worse.

Have some decency and humanity, please.

Serious question that I hope someone can answer:.......

Why are they putting her Parents address in the article? This is not regular practice is it? Is it really to shame her for admitting that she is a prostitute?

I have not seen anyone have their hometown address pasted in an article. Even the serial murder and rapists of children didn't have his hometown address in the article about him.

Is this really in there to shame her? Why her? Is this common practice for the media in regards to prostitutes and why?

I hope i can get an intelligent and knowledgable response and not just wisecracks.

Edited by DeeMockMark
  • Like 1

I have neither seen an victims home address posted on ThaiVisa before. This is where the difference between moronic newspapers, and ThaiVisa should be.

This will not help the person in this case anymore, but might help the the persons in the future.

Naming (and shaming) this woman doesn't help her at all, or help reduce the chance of the same thing occurring to someone else.

I think it's despicable that they name her, and put her home address in the news report.

The double standard of prostitution being illegal, meanwhile there are massage mansions absolutely everywhere really makes me question how this society justifies it to themselves.

I mean, who are they f*cking kidding with this double standard? Working girls are people too.

It may not be the best job in the world, but people who do it should still be treated with dignity and respect.

Honestly, I think it should be legalised, purely because that provides a safer environment for the women.

And no, I didn't marry a bar girl, I just don't believe in looking down on someone because they do a job I wouldn't choose to do myself.

• Like 2

The address of the victim has been removed from the OP as well as from the Pattaya Daily news site.

I must admit that I was barking of the wrong tree and put my overreacted feelings before my thinking. I'm sorry for it.

The Thaivisa news team has to keep the integrity of the articles, which means that what is printed on the original source, have to be the same on the ThaiVisa. So for the next time, if there is a similar situation, the correct way is to contact the news source directly and then after that the article on TV can be altered.

Another lesson learned. 100 pipers does not go well with the internet forums. Moral hangover is stronger that the 100 elephants which are currently running inside of my head.