Thai anti-graft panel to probe PM Yingluck

Lite Beer

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...a new setback to her government following weeks of mass opposition protests"....This is not a setback...This is expected.....Its' called a 'judicial coup"...It has been clear that the Elites have decided to go the Judicial route to achieve their coup-intentions....Enabling their coup using the military wasn't going to fly internationally, and working via judicial vehicles creates smoke Internationally, when outside Thailand the judiciary is considered normal.....The PTP/UDD/RS are also expecting this and see the theft of their electoral choices by these so-called Independent bodies in the same light as if there was a flaming military intervention....Their reactions will be the same......As an aside, I am hearing that the military is being used primarily as a check on the police, preventing them from managing and controlling the coup-mongers....I understand the coup-mongers are even charging fees to pass their locations, essentially creating 'toll roads'.

So, who's responsible for the loss of tens of billions of bucks if not the government?

Who in the government should take the punishment? Every single cabinet member involved. All the way up the line.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have a great idea how to get the money back!

Cut it off the military budget - they are useless anyway - and the hard working farmers deserve the money much more!

This takes the biscuit for the most stupid posting I have read - and no, that's not an accolade, just in case you think it is!!

• Like 2

"...a new setback to her government following weeks of mass opposition protests"....This is not a setback...This is expected.....Its' called a 'judicial coup"...It has been clear that the Elites have decided to go the Judicial route to achieve their coup-intentions....Enabling their coup using the military wasn't going to fly internationally, and working via judicial vehicles creates smoke Internationally, when outside Thailand the judiciary is considered normal.....The PTP/UDD/RS are also expecting this and see the theft of their electoral choices by these so-called Independent bodies in the same light as if there was a flaming military intervention....Their reactions will be the same......As an aside, I am hearing that the military is being used primarily as a check on the police, preventing them from managing and controlling the coup-mongers....I understand the coup-mongers are even charging fees to pass their locations, essentially creating 'toll roads'.

So, who's responsible for the loss of tens of billions of bucks if not the government?

Who in the government should take the punishment? Every single cabinet member involved. All the way up the line.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have a great idea how to get the money back!

Cut it off the military budget - they are useless anyway - and the hard working farmers deserve the money much more!

This takes the biscuit for the most stupid posting I have read - and no, that's not an accolade, just in case you think it is!!

the rice farmers are feeding an entire nation and part of the world!

So tell me the great achievements the Thai armed forces have accomplished over the last 50 years except for staging coups and robbing the country?

What would the combined official and (secret) budget be in 50 years? Wasted a few trillions at least I would say!

• Like 1

" she was democratically elected" and has the right to stay the full 4 years, I have been reading posts like this for 3 months bah.gif

Been reading it since she was Democratically elected. You'll see the figures here. Not PT figures, but the real actual voting figures that show this to be a fact.

What is it with elections and you guys. We have more of them here than we should, and this is due to the continual coups. Still everytime, they vote against the ingraied historical corruption that is represented here by the Dems.

Next election, they will win. The only questions is will she win an election this year, or will there have to be another Junta Installed and overthrown, before she can win the next election. But, either way, she will win the NEXT free and fair election in this country. <deleted>, they almost won the one in 2007 with the full rigging and no party maching behind her. The dems only managed 30% under their own installed Constitution and Election rules.... 30%

All the talk of vote buying is crap. Lets say it is "Bluesky True" though. Did Thaksin spend more on vote buying the the Dems backers spent staging coups annd recovering later from the taxpayer. Post 2006 rise is striking.. 35% in one year http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2010/09/03/thailands-hungry-military/

So what happens is... the Coup is planned and financed and then the money recovered from the tax payer once their Puppets are installed. Is this what people should be fighting on the streets for more of?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_general_election,_2011

How many principles of democracy do you feel need to be followed before a govt is proven democratic? One apparently. Elections.

Would you say that Zimbabwe is a great democracy? How about Sudan? Iraq?

So if someone follows 1 principle of democracy like elections are they more democratic that someone that follows elections and AND the other 14 principles of democracy?

Sounds silly heay that someone would support a democracy that only adhered to elections and forgot the other 14 principles. Well that was what the farmers did because the other 14 principles didn't affect them.

Equal protection under the law. Nahh. They got the protection while the "others" didn't. Look no further than the Facebook quote by a "friend of Thaksin" wanting to kidnap the Generals twin daughters compared to a Facebook quote critacising Yingluck.

Power and civic responsibility are exercised by all citizens, directly or through their freely elected representatives. Nahh. A majority that didn't want an amnesty bill, but represented in parliament as a 307 -0 vote. That was representative of Thaksin. Not the people.

Democracy rests upon the principles of majority rule, coupled with individual and minority rights. Nahh. The environmentalists are garbage according to the Deputy PM.

​I'm tired and that is only 3. Rest assured there are 11 more I can highlight.

Tomorrow being a new day I will be met with the same uneducated gullible comments. BUT BUT BUT BUT, we won the election.

When I meet people with that view point I want to embrace them and tell them everything will be ok. Don't fear. People like that can always be saved, protected and shielded from the very beliefs they defended, but will persecute them in the future. Even the people that voted for Mugabe and defended him as a democratic demagogue need defending, protecting and shielding. Well the ones that are still alive. Ironically they need protecting, defending and shielding from the very man they voted for.

I pity the victims of dictatorship that feel they are defending a democracy. Most of all I pity there offspring. The kids are the true victims.

it is post ballot box actions that molds a govt’s sincerity to democracy. All that elections do is give them a chance to show it.

The sad thing is the replies (if any) will be…Well the DEMS did……Or someone will pick a minor aspect of the comment like You said "​I'm tired and that is only 3. Rest assured there are 11 more I can highlight. So why didn't you instead of writing another 4 paragraphs" "You can't be that tired then" Get my point? No one can defend the PT in every other principle, but they are brilliant at deflecting and changing the subject .

The earth is flat some say. Most of the rice farmers would believe that if it was taught at the red shirt school. They probably believe it now. Most can't even point to Cambodia on a map. They are the ones that have the future of Thailand in their hands. They need to be educated lest Thailand becomes a failed state.

Not exactly poetry in motion but all of the valid points are there and you seem to have a good grasp as to the situation.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when they are interrogating Yingluck and I would like to know what the odds are for tears being shed when it dawns upon her what she has presided over?

Well done AGAIN to Thaksin, can't you just sense the 'brotherly love' he holds for her!!

I am actually starting to feel a little bit sorry for her now as she has been s*a* upon by her own kin in his selfish quest for his ticket back to Thailand. Still she should have known what her brother was like - he treats people (and family) like poor quality tissue paper, use and dispose of.

Why put her through this punishment? because his ego is too big and he cannot accept that he is a loser, that's why. She wanted to give it all up apparently, but he insisted that she stay on longer to face further torment. What an evil cad he is!!!

Your right. I'm not a poet. I am someone that worries about people that will potentially finish up like Jeff Savage and Connor Purcell. Jailed and extradited because they gullibly followed a shadowy path disguised as democracy.

I pity them. I want to help them.

I'm 15/15 democratic. Not 1/15 democratic.

What has reforming the senate to make it more democratic got to do with the anti-corruption commission? The institutions set up by the military in 2006 are planning another judicial coup to make Thailand ungovernable by anyone except their boys.

Whilst those of us from more mature democracies could easily mistake a fully elected senate as being the democratic way, in this country, the senate would be most definitely filled with yet more Taksin cronies. This ain't Ohio and you ain't Toto cowboy.gif

• Like 2

Some on here seem to have devised a way of explaining away this judicial coup and have obviously picked up all the anti Thaksin cliques and are lumping them all together to make it appear to make sense.

You're kidding yourselves and the proof of this will be made clear to you at the next election. Even if it follows a coup, Thailand facing sactions, the Junta being overthrown and democracy having to be restored by violence if necessary. Rest assured, an installed Junta will be overthrown like all the others and its' rise to power will be very short lived and financially very painful for thailand.

Have fun supporting the Coup... I have a feeling it could be the last. It's been a 78day struggle this time, cost a fortune and it's still by no means certain they can pull it off. My bet now is they can't as they know how isolated in the world they will be. MANDATORY Sanctions we are talking here... there will be no bleating about thaksin... MANDATORY..

Also shows just how out of step with reasoned thinking some of you Suthep Supporters have become.

• Like 2

What has reforming the senate to make it more democratic got to do with the anti-corruption commission? The institutions set up by the military in 2006 are planning another judicial coup to make Thailand ungovernable by anyone except their boys.

By democratic law the senate is without party influence, maybe you should read a bit more

By nature, Thai law is subverted and undermined by the phuu yai culture and the semi-feudal hierarchy. Maybe you should get out a bit more and experience the real Thailand, not the one represented on the page.

Presuming that you do live here, you must have had your head in the sand for years to think the law means a tinker's fart.

Yes that's the big trouble in Thailand, no law what so ever ! And that's what some want to change !!

• Like 2

Some on here seem to have devised a way of explaining away this judicial coup and have obviously picked up all the anti Thaksin cliques and are lumping them all together to make it appear to make sense.

You're kidding yourselves and the proof of this will be made clear to you at the next election. Even if it follows a coup, Thailand facing sactions, the Junta being overthrown and democracy having to be restored by violence if necessary. Rest assured, an installed Junta will be overthrown like all the others and its' rise to power will be very short lived and financially very painful for thailand.

Have fun supporting the Coup... I have a feeling it could be the last. It's been a 78day struggle this time, cost a fortune and it's still by no means certain they can pull it off. My bet now is they can't as they know how isolated in the world they will be. MANDATORY Sanctions we are talking here... there will be no bleating about thaksin... MANDATORY..

Also shows just how out of step with reasoned thinking some of you Suthep Supporters have become.

Dream on loser - you are fighting a lost cause, especially after the flood of terrible news for your lot of wasters over the past week and especially today!!! Ha Ha!!

• Like 1

The Washington post today calling for US Government to make clear to thailand that Suspension of aid and security co-operation is MANDATORY under US law if this Judicial Coup is successful.

The Army Coup is fast failing and the lack of trouble on the streets has focuses all attention on what the Courts are getting up to... And... other than Bluesky and a few Coup lovers on here, they are seeing through the whole charade.

Very hard hitting (against Suthep and his backers) from a highly regarden news outlet and opinion driver.

"Thailand’s anti-democracy militants may be emboldened to believe that they, too, will be tolerated by the Obama administration. They shouldn’t be."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/thailands-anti-democracy-protests-merit-a-rebuke-from-the-us/2014/01/15/ca2205a8-7e1b-11e3-95c6-0a7aa80874bc_story.html

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif poor deluded sole do you really think Obamha or any us administration will give 2 hoots = look at Egypt sand rest

You really couldn't make this up!

"Dozens of her [Yingluck's] MPs face possible impeachment by the National Anti-Corruption Commission in connection with a bid to make the upper house fully elected. If found guilty they could be banned from politics for five years..."

So dozens of MPs are facing impeachment and banning from politics because they tried to make the upper house more democratic. And they are being threatened by... wait for it... the "National Anti-Corruption Commission".

Some background info: Under the current 2007 constitution half the upper house is appointed (whereas under the previous 1997 constitution, torn up the Generals, the whole upper house was elected). Who decides who gets appointed to the upper house? Top judges form part of the committee. By the way, top judges also help select the Election Commission.

And now we learn that judges will also determine whether these dozens of MPs will be banned from politics - banned because these MPs tried to "disenfranchise" that first lot of judges I mentioned, by making the upper house all elected.

I tell you it's not a good idea to piss off judges, cos it seems these people have a finger in every pie, and if one lot don't hammer you their pals waiting round the corner will finish you off! Naughty Yingluck, naughty Peua Thai!

Edited by tilac2
  • Like 1

Take two aspirin and call me in the morning when you are feeling better. I will explain it to you then.

i hope pressure keeps mounting to get rid of Taksins regime but for sure he will fight with all he can to end including if he can trying again to cause a civil war

Well done Suphet without your stand Thailand would probably never have a chance to rid itself of this evil lot

Im just praying at long last Thailand can be rid of Taksin his clan and cronies but Just Taksin will be enough since then rest will scull away to rocks they belong in

Wishful thinking.

The Country has woken up since he came on the scene. Not listing his great achievements again. they are well documented and that some of you yearn for the days when poor people were treated like dogs, had little access to education, no health care and no representation is your own affair.

Sad world that you inhabit that you could latch onto the spoutings of somebody like Suthep, see documented FACTS of 18 coups and 3-4 Judicial Coups, see documented Facts of Election results, that time and time again even under rules set out by the army and the elites that show the Democrats to be despised by most of the country. See all this and still support what is going on now.

If you don't like democracy, you can't complain about anything in that happens in the country. You are implying that everybody should lay back and let uncle Suthep take care of the money and graciously dole out and that may be spare after he has finished paying off his backers. Last time they got in, their first big move was to increase the army budget by 35%. Is that what you are hoping to see again?

The Irony is with all the talk of corruption and non-accountability etc. that there were checks and balanced. The current state of affairs shows clearly that an unpopular bill (The Amnesty Bill) can be gotten rid of even if it is supported by the major party Pheu thai in this case. The removal of the bill and the calling of elections, disproves all that Suthep says about them leading a dictatorship...

Thai's are not stupid and the North has come on in leaps and bounds. You'd all do well to stop believing they are and wake up to the fact that PT party has something to offer them as opposed to the absolute nothing they had prior to Thaksin.

You'll have us all tugging our forlocks and doffing our caps again won't you.

"The Irony is with all the talk of corruption and non-accountability etc. that there were checks and balanced. The current state of affairs shows clearly that an unpopular bill (The Amnesty Bill) can be gotten rid of even if it is supported by the major party Pheu thai in this case. The removal of the bill and the calling of elections, disproves all that Suthep says about them leading a dictatorship..."

Sounds good but fails to explain why slowly but surely Yingluck is giving into the peoples demands. Maybe you are missing some thing. wai.gif

• Like 2

You really couldn't make this up!
"Dozens of her [Yingluck's] MPs face possible impeachment by the National Anti-Corruption Commission in connection with a bid to make the upper house fully elected. If found guilty they could be banned from politics for five years..."
So dozens of MPs are facing impeachment and banning from politics because they tried to make the upper house more democratic. And they are being threatened by... wait for it... the "National Anti-Corruption Commission".
Some background info: Under the current 2007 constitution half the upper house is appointed (whereas under the previous 1997 constitution, torn up the Generals, the whole upper house was elected). Who decides who gets appointed to the upper house? Top judges form part of the committee. By the way, top judges also help select the Election Commission.
And now we learn that judges will also determine whether these dozens of MPs will be banned from politics - banned because these MPs tried to "disenfranchise" that first lot of judges I mentioned, by making the upper house all elected.
I tell you it's not a good idea to piss off judges, cos it seems these people have a finger in every pie, and if one lot don't hammer you their pals waiting round the corner will finish you off! Naughty Yingluck, naughty Peua Thai!

Only Thaksinista and Red Shirt villagers will believe the tripe you're posting.

Get in line.

After the failure of the rest of the gang of Coup Plotters, these have probably been held back for extra briefing and to make sure the guilty verdict is fast and delivered with a straight face.

Nobody outside their circle is taking this seriously. It will be covered in the catch all Elite backers and supportes. we hardly even notice now and nobody follows it as we know what they will find.

Good luck to them. IF there is ever true reform here, it will not come from Suthep and the Courts will be first on anybodys reforming list. But, enjoy it whilst you can. its not 1960 anymore and your time has come.

The problem the anti-graft panel has is that a great many people will see this, rightly or wrongly as politically motivated and that they are aligned with the PCAD. There is a very deep divide in Thai society and the timing of this announcement will do nothing to help reconcile those differences.

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The rice farmers are guaranteed to have their money prior to Feb 2. Now let here it from the vote buying gang of Yellow Skirts. Timing is everything in politics.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif you poor deluded fool do you still think theirs goigm to be an election on 2 nd and even if their is (now 80%+ will not) then so what they can't form a government due to 95% rule

must be hard seeing your heroes corruption and evil ways being brought to light to even most blind red glassed people here

IF as hoped Taksin at last goes I will personally have a great big party and toast all tossers like you for at least giving me a laugh

Thaksin is not doing well. I was watching a half hour report on the red shirts in Thailand. It was mainly interviews with day to day member's plus the three leaders and comments from one academic. He was saying that there is talk of forming a Thaksin less red shirt party from the existing red shirts.

This of course would cut into Yingluck's support as Thaksin will still be pulling her strings. The only hope she has is to get rid of his cronies and higher some decent aides and intelligent writers.

Get in line.

After the failure of the rest of the gang of Coup Plotters, these have probably been held back for extra briefing and to make sure the guilty verdict is fast and delivered with a straight face.

Nobody outside their circle is taking this seriously. It will be covered in the catch all Elite backers and supportes. we hardly even notice now and nobody follows it as we know what they will find.

Good luck to them. IF there is ever true reform here, it will not come from Suthep and the Courts will be first on anybodys reforming list. But, enjoy it whilst you can. its not 1960 anymore and your time has come.

The problem the anti-graft panel has is that a great many people will see this, rightly or wrongly as politically motivated and that they are aligned with the PCAD. There is a very deep divide in Thai society and the timing of this announcement will do nothing to help reconcile those differences.

Well you see it that way. But I am sure you see election as the guiding light for democracy. But you fail to see check and balance as part of democracy too. So if you believe in election, you have no rights to criticize this democratic process. Or maybe you want reform before election?

i hope pressure keeps mounting to get rid of Taksins regime but for sure he will fight with all he can to end including if he can trying again to cause a civil war

Well done Suphet without your stand Thailand would probably never have a chance to rid itself of this evil lot

Im just praying at long last Thailand can be rid of Taksin his clan and cronies but Just Taksin will be enough since then rest will scull away to rocks they belong in

Wishful thinking.

The Country has woken up since he came on the scene. Not listing his great achievements again. they are well documented and that some of you yearn for the days when poor people were treated like dogs, had little access to education, no health care and no representation is your own affair.

Sad world that you inhabit that you could latch onto the spoutings of somebody like Suthep, see documented FACTS of 18 coups and 3-4 Judicial Coups, see documented Facts of Election results, that time and time again even under rules set out by the army and the elites that show the Democrats to be despised by most of the country. See all this and still support what is going on now.

If you don't like democracy, you can't complain about anything in that happens in the country. You are implying that everybody should lay back and let uncle Suthep take care of the money and graciously dole out and that may be spare after he has finished paying off his backers. Last time they got in, their first big move was to increase the army budget by 35%. Is that what you are hoping to see again?

The Irony is with all the talk of corruption and non-accountability etc. that there were checks and balanced. The current state of affairs shows clearly that an unpopular bill (The Amnesty Bill) can be gotten rid of even if it is supported by the major party Pheu thai in this case. The removal of the bill and the calling of elections, disproves all that Suthep says about them leading a dictatorship...

Thai's are not stupid and the North has come on in leaps and bounds. You'd all do well to stop believing they are and wake up to the fact that PT party has something to offer them as opposed to the absolute nothing they had prior to Thaksin.

You'll have us all tugging our forlocks and doffing our caps again won't you.

They haven't removed the Amnesty Bill that sparked off all the protests - or didn't you know?

"It has been clear that the Elites have decided to go the Judicial route to achieve their coup-intentions"

Using physical force to prevent people from registering as election candidates, creating chaos by barricading streets, blocking access to government offices, etc does not look like going the judicial road to me. It looks much more like criminal acts.

Is such criminal activity condoned by Section 45 of the Constitution:

Section 45. A person shall enjoy the liberty to express his opinion, make speech, write, print, publicise, and make expression by other means.

This rice scheme scam has putting many innocent citizens in big trouble.

It shouldn't has happened. And a farmer has died for nothing. Many are still in debts. Some borrow from illegal moneylenders. Imagine the interest they need to pay.

Piling higher and higher.

He didn't die. He committed suicide. His only crime was he trusted a Shinawatra.

That does not deserve the same death sentence that the corrupt convicted criminal Shinawatara handed out to innocent people that were suspected of drug use during the brutal drug war in Thailand.

That suicide alone shows that farmers desperately need to be educated so no more innocent victims die.

ya...

But too bad some people just can't learn it. Till now there are some farmers still believe the govt can't pay them the payment is because of SUTHEP/anti-govt protesters.

omg... facepalm.gif

Sometimes i'm wondering does they really believe the red leader explanation or they just can't accept the fact that the beloved leader who they voted for ends up screw them up.