Police team given task of arresting Suthep

webfact

POLITICS
Police team given task of arresting Suthep

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- National Police Chief Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew has appointed a team to have People's Democratic Reform Committee secretary general Suthep Thaugsuban arrested.

Deputy Prime Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul, who is head of the Centre for Administration of Peace and Order, called a meeting of top officials from concerned agencies at the Defence Ministry's Permanent Secretary Office, with Adul joining the meeting via videoconferencing.

Surapong also asked Adul for a progress report as well as information about Suthep's whereabouts last night and the latest on the protest situation.

Adul told the meeting that he had assigned a police team to arrest Suthep.

The highest number of protesters on Wednesday was 23,000, with only 7,000 left yesterday as many from the South have returned home, police claim. Adul said 40 guards were protecting Suthep and he would report about the protest leader's arrest at a closed-door meeting without media presence.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-17

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hopefully by the end of the day this lunatic will be behind bars. Bail shouldn't be an option.

Only 23,000 protestors out of 6 million left, geez people are really waking up to him.

Not really following all the news are you? Just talk like your avatar looks.

I didn't make up this story, The news says a police team has been given the task of arresting him not me. Attack Thai visa for posting the story and not me.

• Like 1

is it just me, or is the whole shutdown thing more of a joke? Not sure though if they'll get Suthep arrested after so many failures of trying to do so.

I wouldn't say it was a joke. The numbers are still there, it is not a call on the masses, it's a shutdown and needs minimal people, so they go about their lives as normal. It ain't fun standing out in the BKK sun all day.

CAPO always play the figures right down and the red farang cling onto CAPO's every last word. They are the JOKE.

This weekend will see a huge boost in numbers, and by next week the rice farmers will be in town probably. If it is status quo by Monday, this is going to get stepped up. Most protests start like this, they slowly morph into something a bit more radical, and then it tends to spiral out of control.

But they won't ever leave and Suthep will never get arrested, it is all just lip service, they know that would spark something rather unpleasant, and the government will not be on the good end of it. The aeronautical radio will deffo get seized and that will be all flights grounded.

Personally, I hope they just hurry up and get to the end game already. No point postponing the inevitable.

I agree entirely.

I cannot comprehend what is going through their minds, considering arresting Suthep at this stage. Any attempt to do so will result in considerable violence at the time of the attempted arrest, and, if they were successful, an exponential increase in the lengths to which the protesters will be prepared to go (your observation on grounding all flights is very valid).

That said, the one thing that is a constant with the RTP is the lack of any backbone. If they decide to take on the 40 guards, and all of those who are also prepared to protect Suthep, I can envisage the BiB backing down after receiving a bloody nose ... or escalating the crisis through the unauthorised use of firearms...!!

It just doesn't make sense for them to even try, knowing that the courts will disregard the protestations of CAPO and the DSI and release Suthep on bail.

One just wonders who they will target for arrest next week when the farmers come to town?! I personally see that as the end game for the Shin clan.

• Like 1

I think if they arrest him the mood might get slightly more violent at the protest sites.

I think the government should leave him well alone for the time being. They should be focusing more on the highlighted corruption charges in the media today surround their little rice pledging scheme.

Well hopefully by the end of the day this lunatic will be behind bars. Bail shouldn't be an option.

Only 23,000 protestors out of 6 million left, geez people are really waking up to him.

23,000 is the "middle class" supporting Suthep.

The rest were the yellow thugs trucked from the south :)

Sent from my iPhone...

I think if they arrest him the mood might get slightly more violent at the protest sites.

I think the government should leave him well alone for the time being. They should be focusing more on the highlighted corruption charges in the media today surround their little rice pledging scheme.

I doubt that the red shirts will go on a rampage if he is arrested and many on here say that Suthep supporters are a peaceful lot and do not use violence, all the violence so far has been by redshirts.biggrin.png

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

is it just me, or is the whole shutdown thing more of a joke? Not sure though if they'll get Suthep arrested after so many failures of trying to do so.

I wouldn't say it was a joke. The numbers are still there, it is not a call on the masses, it's a shutdown and needs minimal people, so they go about their lives as normal. It ain't fun standing out in the BKK sun all day.

CAPO always play the figures right down and the red farang cling onto CAPO's every last word. They are the JOKE.

This weekend will see a huge boost in numbers, and by next week the rice farmers will be in town probably. If it is status quo by Monday, this is going to get stepped up. Most protests start like this, they slowly morph into something a bit more radical, and then it tends to spiral out of control.

But they won't ever leave and Suthep will never get arrested, it is all just lip service, they know that would spark something rather unpleasant, and the government will not be on the good end of it. The aeronautical radio will deffo get seized and that will be all flights grounded.

Personally, I hope they just hurry up and get to the end game already. No point postponing the inevitable.

thats true he will never be arrested....but if he becomes a liability to his bosses who pull the strings he might end up like Sondhi and they will try to get rid of him - he knows too much!

He still has hope though - they are even too stupid to carry out an assassination as the Sondhi case shows!

Just more contrived rhetoric from a government who with monotonous regularity talk a far better game than the have the intellect or intelligence to play. Thaksin's Muppet's with an atrocious script crafted by the educated goons of the PTP.

• Like 1

This would be the same approach to arresting Kamnan Poh or Wattana Asavahame or a whole host of other well-connected people with either outstanding convictions who have not surrendered or other oustanding arrest warrants on them.

Way too much hassle. Not worth it. Ok, give up.

well your lunatic friend is still to sh*t scare to even show his face here at least someone is trying to get rid of this crooked government