khon kaen passport office

• 4 weeks later...

All provincial passport offices should now be open according to the latest news.

The consular affairs office now has it's servers running which was needed for them to do applications.

Thanks bunches ... we can drive north ... east or south ... leaving this evening after wife gets off work so as to get into queue for tomorrow ... any words of wisdom which location might be the least busy and increase our odds ... not getting anyone picking up the phones at any location

I have no idea which would be the best.

If Korat is the closest I would go there and be in line well before they open. The offices mentioned in the news are handing out numbers up to the most they can process in one day,

Thank you - if anyone has been to any provincial passport office this wek please weigh in

Thanks again zu on Joe ... We have been in line here in Korat since midnight and are #24 in a list that is already 60+ group is compiling a list and handing it in when office opens at 8:30 ... A few people in line here say office has been open for 2 days but even though they had previously come at 5:00 am they didn't make the queue ... Now if the servers are still running in the morning we should be good to go. Also confirmed the Udon office us open.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thanks bunches will do ... Here is GPS

Here are more goodies

Tel 044-243-132, 044-243-124

http://korat-weekends.blogspot.com/2009/10/nakhon-ratchasima-passport-office.html

Nakhon Ratchasima Passport Office

Building of Nakhon Ratchasima Provincial Hall (Salaklang)

MahatThai street, Muang district

Nakhon Ratchasima

It normally only takes a couple of hours in Khon Kaen to sort the passport/take the pictures etc and the staff are really nice.

The waiting room is never too full. The passport always comes back in the post in around four or five days.

Thank you, dietergerhard.

I thought you had gone to the Khon Kaen office. I already have the Korat office on the map but now updated the information for it with the postcode and the phone numbers you supplied. Much appreciated.

Sorry for the confusion ... Had been asking about Khoen Kaen but at the last moment discovered Korat had quietly reopened ... Crowd started a queue which officials then added to yesterday's queue ... They do 220 passports a day ... All but 40 of yesterday's folks got processed today 180 of today got official numbers for tomorrow ... We got number 60 so ok ... Will show up at 7:30 tomorrow We got there at midnight last night and still a 2 day process but they are working hard to reduce the backlog ... Will even work this holiday Friday shhhh ... There is a B500 hotel literally across the street ... Wear long pants, socks hoodie etc Mosquitos were awful .. We brought chairs

Searched for the coordinates of the Khon Kaen passport office on the web now and put it on my map.

Hope it matches with this:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/613160-passport-office-in-khon-kaen/#entry6034739

It does. In fact, I linked to your post as the source for the address (increasing your fame and promoting Thaivisa in the prcess)

https://www.google.com/maps?q=14%C2%B058%2722%22N+++102%C2%B05%2759%22E&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=16.43872,102.839069&sspn=0.001515,0.002411&t=h&z=16

Is it the same overload at the Khon Kaen office?

We will not go there for renewal of Thai passport until next month but I think it is wise to monitor the status ....

I think it is that way at all passport offices. I think it will be like that for a week or two until they get the backlog cleared.

• Like 1

We were actually able to reach Khon Karn by phone 3 days ago and then were advised they were able to process all applicants same day but as more people find out its open and not so busy that could quickly change ... We thought about going next month but if the servers in Bangkok go down the provinces will be closed again ... The little extra effort in Korat was still a lot better than the trek to Bangkok would have been

• Like 1

Well well, does this close all the other (upcountry) sites again? More info on Sunday he say ...

The article says that the online passport issuing service was closed again on Friday for security reasons. Another source said the the Consular Department expects to make to make a further announcement on Sunday.

Edited by Maestro
updated link