Shares in Thai company - held by a BVI or by a individual?

Hi guys,

I am entertaining offers to buy our land. I have been telling brokers that I am not interested in a traditional sale and would only like to do a share transfer. This is because I know, with a traditional sale, the money will come into my Thai company and will only come out as a dividend payment after the corporate income tax (30%) and dividend wht tax (15%).

If my shares in my Thai company were owned by a BVI (Hong Kong), instead of me personally, would this improve my lot?

I read on one of the prior discussions that money in a Thai company can be remitted to the BVI where it can then be taken out as a shareholder loan. It stays on the books in Thailand as capital, etc. etc....this is as far as I know and understand...

I want to make the deal but I'm looking at a 30% hit to the sale price once everything is said and done (that's before I bring it back to the US for another pounding.)

I keep trying to push a share transfer deal but that doesn't seem to be the deal most buyers want. They just want the land, not the company. Usually they already have an attorney in mind and that attorney will advise them to set up their own Thai company instead of taking on an existing one.

Any help, will be appreciated.

Thanks,

MCO