Drivers of taxis, commuter vans hit by this week's Bangkok protests

webfact

Don't panic, nobody has to worry partytime2.gif

I remember no so long time ago, when they burned that bus in ramkhahaeng, I read mr. shutep cowboy.gif declarations promising that his party will cover any possible cost or damage resulted by their fight until they have returned the power to the people.

Perhaps taxi and van drivers can friendly remember to suthep or his party a compensation for their lack of income during the protests.

Not only this.

Wait till this pans out.

Middle class Bangkokians are livid over School fees. Many paid up and seen schools shut all week and this resulted in somebody having to stay home take care the kids... more losses.

So, do the schools stand the loss - I say yes at mine as have seen some of the teachers selfies at the rallys. could get themselves to a mob gathering, but not into school eh......?

NB. If you see a pic of your teachers on FB. Do this. Press the prtscn key. It is usually on the top row, right at the very right hand side. You have photod the screen. Now paste it as a JPG so when the teacher removes it from his/her page, you have a photo of it on your computer as evidence. Ohhhh yes, some of you are getting a shock when you finally do get back to school. Espescially if Suthep loses this one.

All of this is yet to come when the hundreds of schools re-open. If the school does not stand it, Sutheps middle class stands it. I used to see lots of them at the school gate, big car, 4 x 4 nannys. All Sutheps people and many with whistles hanging from car mirrors.....

Lots more to come. Shop next to mine, laid off stay, who all cleared off home and didn't pay rent on their room... Couldn't. So the Landlord has lost his rent there.. More Sutheps key support base losing out.

Next door asked my wife a in December to look after their daughter when they went to demo.. all whistled up... they don't go now. Like me, they are sitting in a street with no customers, wondering how we are going to pay the bills when they start rolling in. Wondering is the schools shut for another year will affect their entrance exam capability next year when we move them up to the big school!! I even told her i was sending my school fee bill to Suthep and she laughed.

Nobody will get this lost time and money back. Kids won't make up 2 weeks education or more if it goes to Feb. Unpaid rent is unpaid rent. If the tennants have gone back home due to losses incurred,,, they are gone. You ain't getting it coz they aint got it.

Hearsay... believe what you want...

• Like 1

What should they do if they are angry at the protesters? Wait for the election and vote accordingly, or kill somebody?

They have the "kill somebody" down pat already due to lack of diving skills, speed and ill maintained vans. I have not heard about a van crash all week ... maybe the protest is saving lives smile.png

Ok another positive outcome is if all the vans are repossessed, they wont have to make repayments with over priced interest rates to banks and loan sharks, wont have to work 18 hours a day and fall asleep and also LESS TRAFFIC in an already congested bangkok.

And next year when all the vans hit the second hand car market second hand prices will not be the same as NEW car prices.

Oh.. I must learn to count... more than "another (1) positive outcome here. :)

The same taxi drivers I hope that left me and wife standing in the rain as 15 of the bastards rejected our fare because the roads on our 8km route were busy.

Now complaining because they can't make a living because they can't get the fares they need to survive..... Lol

Loving it.

Great name you have there sums you up perfectly,

I wouldnt take you anywhere but the airport either.

That cannot be true. Suthep said this would only affect the government.

Those people in Bangkok who say their lives and businesses are being drastically affected by the shutdown must be lying, mustn't they?

They should rejoice they have honest protestors who do not shut their business down and try to burn it down.wai.gif

If the protesters are honest, they would not be causing all this inconvenience to innocent people for their own ends. What is the ballot box for?

Some how I don't think they are for people to put a piece of paper in with a name on it that they were given money to write. I don't think they are boxes to be stored where people can get at them and switch pieces of paper for other pieces with other names on them.

This is some of the practices Suthep is trying to put an end to. They will be for people to put a slip of paper in where there is a name that they believe to be the best man for the job and handled in such a way as no one can get to them until they are opened and the votes counted. These are things that will extend to all parties not just one. It is called a level playing field.

Do you have a problem with that? If you believe it is OK to continue using them as they are now can you explain to me why you think those things are OK. I will not except that is not happening or that they are trying to put an end to Democracy. When you and I both know reform is needed. At least I hope you know it.wai.gif

Those people in Bangkok who say their lives and businesses are being drastically affected by the shutdown must be lying, mustn't they?

They should rejoice they have honest protestors who do not shut their business down and try to burn it down.wai.gif

If the protesters are honest, they would not be causing all this inconvenience to innocent people for their own ends. What is the ballot box for?

Some how I don't think they are for people to put a piece of paper in with a name on it that they were given money to write. I don't think they are boxes to be stored where people can get at them and switch pieces of paper for other pieces with other names on them.

This is some of the practices Suthep is trying to put an end to. They will be for people to put a slip of paper in where there is a name that they believe to be the best man for the job and handled in such a way as no one can get to them until they are opened and the votes counted. These are things that will extend to all parties not just one. It is called a level playing field.

Do you have a problem with that? If you believe it is OK to continue using them as they are now can you explain to me why you think those things are OK. I will not except that is not happening or that they are trying to put an end to Democracy. When you and I both know reform is needed. At least I hope you know it.wai.gif

I am not into Thai politics, I don't mind protesters, but when innocent peoples livelyhoods suffer, it is wrong, and that applies to both sides. The Reds in 2010, and the protesters now. Let ordinary people go about their business in peace.

it did not seem to be a problem for them back in 2010

I would even think that now that they are all rich, thanks to this great government, they could stand one week with a slightly reduced activity in some areas.

Back then Thailand was a dictatorship, today it's a democracy. But maybe you like fascism. Which wouldn't surprise me given your hateful attitude towards the working people.

A democracy? Try again with kleptocracy, and you will be closer to the truth.

Dictatorship in 2010? i must have missed that. The current state of this country looks way more like a dictatorship in disguised than in 2010.

Now, what do you know about who I hate or not? Me liking fascism? Are you accusing me? What does your comment has to do with this thread? You don't know me, and your judgement is worth nothing!

I stated a fact. In 2010, the very same people who complain today for a week of mere inconvenience in some areas of Bangkok did not seem to suffer too much, even after a 2 month blockade of the city center. Prove me wrong, please!

Have a good day

Well I for one think diceq is full of BS.

As I read his post if he really believes what he says if it is a dictatorship and people are making a living it is not OK.

But if it is Democracy and they are not making a living that is OK.

Strange attitude.

it did not seem to be a problem for them back in 2010

I would even think that now that they are all rich, thanks to this great government, they could stand one week with a slightly reduced activity in some areas.

Plenty of people had plenty of problems caused by the red shirt demonstrations in 2010. I can just feel your sympathy for the low income earners.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am not into Thai politics, I don't mind protesters, but when innocent peoples livelyhoods suffer, it is wrong, and that applies to both sides. The Reds in 2010, and the protesters now. Let ordinary people go about their business in peace.

I live in Chaengwattana. I have had zero problem with getting to and from work, school and shops.

Given that the protesters have been there since Monday, these drivers are talking rubbish about disruption and rubbish about the timeframe

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I parked my old pick-up a few weeks ago. Before the pep rallies began. Took a van into BKK and back. At the end of the trip. I felt like dropping down and kissing the ground. Never so scared in all my life.

Edited by garyk

I parked my old pick-up a few weeks ago. Before the pep rallies began. Took a van into BKK and back. At the end of the trip. I felt like dropping down and kissing the ground. Never so scared in all my life.

Really ? wow you have a nervous disposition Ive not felt scared once since oooo years and years and lived through all the commotion of the last few times bkk has been the center of events and i live here.

Long as you keep away from where all the doo doo is going down youve nothing to worry about, apart from ladyboys attempting to pick pocket you. Avoid even walking past them if at all possible :P

Really ? wow you have a nervous disposition Ive not felt scared once since oooo years and years and lived through all the commotion of the last few times bkk has been the center of events and i live here.

Long as you keep away from where all the doo doo is going down youve nothing to worry about, apart from ladyboys attempting to pick pocket you. Avoid even walking past them if at all possible :P

LOL, good one.

I used to take vans all the time, never a problem. This guy had the Thais scared. I usually am not bothered. But this trip I was a wee bit concerned.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Long as you keep away from where all the doo doo is going down youve nothing to worry about, apart from ladyboys attempting to pick pocket you. Avoid even walking past them if at all possible tongue.png

LOL, good one.

I used to take vans all the time, never a problem. This guy had the Thais scared. I usually am not bothered. But this trip I was a wee bit concerned.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes and i can understand with all the press how bad it must look here. bare in mind though your more likely to get into a road accident here as long as your not near the protest areas just like 2010. They are throwing things and taking pot shots in the main, all very upsetting but its not car bombs,timer bombs or booby traps.

Stay safe and if you really are concerned try to avoid bangers as much as possible until it calms down.

Take care m8 wai.gif

Don't panic, nobody has to worry partytime2.gif

I remember no so long time ago, when they burned that bus in ramkhahaeng, I read mr. shutep cowboy.gif declarations promising that his party will cover any possible cost or damage resulted by their fight until they have returned the power to the people.

Perhaps taxi and van drivers can friendly remember to suthep or his party a compensation for their lack of income during the protests.

Not only this.

Wait till this pans out.

Middle class Bangkokians are livid over School fees. Many paid up and seen schools shut all week and this resulted in somebody having to stay home take care the kids... more losses.

So, do the schools stand the loss - I say yes at mine as have seen some of the teachers selfies at the rallys. could get themselves to a mob gathering, but not into school eh......?

NB. If you see a pic of your teachers on FB. Do this. Press the prtscn key. It is usually on the top row, right at the very right hand side. You have photod the screen. Now paste it as a JPG so when the teacher removes it from his/her page, you have a photo of it on your computer as evidence. Ohhhh yes, some of you are getting a shock when you finally do get back to school. Espescially if Suthep loses this one.

All of this is yet to come when the hundreds of schools re-open. If the school does not stand it, Sutheps middle class stands it. I used to see lots of them at the school gate, big car, 4 x 4 nannys. All Sutheps people and many with whistles hanging from car mirrors.....

Lots more to come. Shop next to mine, laid off stay, who all cleared off home and didn't pay rent on their room... Couldn't. So the Landlord has lost his rent there.. More Sutheps key support base losing out.

Next door asked my wife a in December to look after their daughter when they went to demo.. all whistled up... they don't go now. Like me, they are sitting in a street with no customers, wondering how we are going to pay the bills when they start rolling in. Wondering is the schools shut for another year will affect their entrance exam capability next year when we move them up to the big school!! I even told her i was sending my school fee bill to Suthep and she laughed.

Nobody will get this lost time and money back. Kids won't make up 2 weeks education or more if it goes to Feb. Unpaid rent is unpaid rent. If the tennants have gone back home due to losses incurred,,, they are gone. You ain't getting it coz they aint got it.

Hearsay... believe what you want...

I made the post as sarcastic as I could, but now I realize that perhaps it was not enough.