Police told to take action against hardcore Red Shirt elements

webfact

My question was how many relatives of his were put in position of important?

On changing laws: My opinion was also that he changed laws not to benefit himself but the industries and country. He was already in telecom business and a billionaire before invited to join politics by his friends now turned enemies.

Where did you get the information that the changing of law is so that he could increase foreign ownership allowances in telecom companies and then the next day sold his company? How did that connect to just benefit him?

How do you substantial your accusation that he increased loans to Myanmar so they could buy telecom equipment from his company?

The changed of the election law though did not result in DEM winning the election it was for that purpose. Without the change, DEM would not have better result in party list MPs. PTP objected to the change and accused the Speaker of impartiality but it was rushed through with their parliamentary advantage. The matter was brought to CC, but it ruled in favored of the than government. Suthep was involved in the process.

The passing of subsidy laws plus other hand out before calling the election were to benefit DEM in election. However, I think they are very smart on this. I have no complain on this. It is just to argue the point that Suthep did not benefit from it from the party he belonged and I believe he controlled.

Despite all these, the DEM gave us an even more humiliating election results then before.

How many relatives? I gave 3 examples. He shouldn't have put any relatives in important positions.

Where did I get the information? Most of it is common knowledge. http://www.asiasentinel.com/politics/thailands-messy-telecom-loan-to-burma-returns/

He changed the law and it DID benefit himself. Huge conflict of interest, particularly as PM and a major beneficiary of the change. It MAY have benefited others, but no one else sold huge chunks of their business days after the law changed.

You say that the Democrats changed the electoral laws to benefit themselves, but then it didn't benefit them. Maybe they didn't change it to benefit themselves. The change to single seat constituencies actually benefits the smaller parties.

Giving subsidies is normal politics. Did they allow the subsidies to go to middlemen instead of the intended recipient as is happening with the rice pledging scheme?

I don't just depend on media reports for information and not just on common sense.

How has Thaksin benefited hugely?

Again, Where did you get the information that the changing of law is so that he could increase foreign ownership allowances in telecom companies and then the next day sold his company? How did that connect can benefit him?

When you said the next day he sold his company, were you referring to Temasek?

Rice pledging scheme is not a subsidy. The government buy the rice from the farmers and should pay the farmers. Many subsidies do not go to rubber and oil palm farmers because they don't have land titles.

There hasn't been a shred of common sense in any of your posts. Most posters with some intelligence use articles from newspapers, blogs, TV, and even Thaivisa before making of forming an opinion. You have even got that far.

Now, go and use Google or similar to find out about Thaksin's Exim bank loan to Myanmar and how he changed the law to ease his selling of AIS to Singtel. It's all out there on the internet IF you want to find it. I suspect you don't want to see any evidence that you might not like.

You are just trolling.

you know what? these people just want to spread utter rubbish, they are not interested in the truth that's so obvious! They want to be so righteous for corrupt trash that's plundered the country! just a waste of effort!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't just depend on media reports for information and not just on common sense.

Again, Where did you get the information that the changing of law is so that he could increase foreign ownership allowances in telecom companies and then the next day sold his company? How did that connect can benefit him?

Rice pledging scheme is not a subsidy. The government buy the rice from the farmers and should pay the farmers. Many subsidies do not go to rubber and oil palm farmers because they don't have land titles.

Thaksin benefited because he sold his company to Temasek. He couldn't sell his company before he changed the law.

He also benefited from the Myanmar loan because Myanmar spent 4 billion baht on telecom equipment from his company.

The rice scheme is a subsidy. The farmers get paid above market prices by the government.

I get my information from a number of sources.

My question was how many relatives of his were put in position of important?

On changing laws: My opinion was also that he changed laws not to benefit himself but the industries and country. He was already in telecom business and a billionaire before invited to join politics by his friends now turned enemies.

Where did you get the information that the changing of law is so that he could increase foreign ownership allowances in telecom companies and then the next day sold his company? How did that connect to just benefit him?

How do you substantial your accusation that he increased loans to Myanmar so they could buy telecom equipment from his company?

The changed of the election law though did not result in DEM winning the election it was for that purpose. Without the change, DEM would not have better result in party list MPs. PTP objected to the change and accused the Speaker of impartiality but it was rushed through with their parliamentary advantage. The matter was brought to CC, but it ruled in favored of the than government. Suthep was involved in the process.

The passing of subsidy laws plus other hand out before calling the election were to benefit DEM in election. However, I think they are very smart on this. I have no complain on this. It is just to argue the point that Suthep did not benefit from it from the party he belonged and I believe he controlled.

Despite all these, the DEM gave us an even more humiliating election results then before.

How many relatives? I gave 3 examples. He shouldn't have put any relatives in important positions.

Where did I get the information? Most of it is common knowledge. http://www.asiasentinel.com/politics/thailands-messy-telecom-loan-to-burma-returns/

He changed the law and it DID benefit himself. Huge conflict of interest, particularly as PM and a major beneficiary of the change. It MAY have benefited others, but no one else sold huge chunks of their business days after the law changed.

You say that the Democrats changed the electoral laws to benefit themselves, but then it didn't benefit them. Maybe they didn't change it to benefit themselves. The change to single seat constituencies actually benefits the smaller parties.

Giving subsidies is normal politics. Did they allow the subsidies to go to middlemen instead of the intended recipient as is happening with the rice pledging scheme?

There hasn't been a shred of common sense in any of your posts. Most posters with some intelligence use articles from newspapers, blogs, TV, and even Thaivisa before making of forming an opinion. You have even got that far.

Now, go and use Google or similar to find out about Thaksin's Exim bank loan to Myanmar and how he changed the law to ease his selling of AIS to Singtel. It's all out there on the internet IF you want to find it. I suspect you don't want to see any evidence that you might not like.

You are just trolling.

I don't depend on news reports does not mean I don't at all. Google has a disclaimers on the use of its information. We all have to exercise our discretion and care when using news reports and online searches and source like wikipedia. I do not want to get entangled in politics and become their tool. In my business, I regularly utilize the services of risk management companies that include political risk analyst.

The protests while not 100% peaceful have been relatively peaceful. Occupying streets and making idle threats is one thing. No one dies. However, these idiot red shirts want to escalate the situation by provoking fights and we know both sides have guns. With the cowardly bombings probably going to continue, it's only right that the army and police take action and not let things get worse.

Where is the evidence the reds are responsible for these attacks? seems like the yellow faction may be instigating these to get the army to intervene with a coup :/

There must be a reason that those who are intellectually challenged to such a degree that they cannot see the facts are all aligned to the faction rouge

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

well seeing as I'm intellectually challenged, what are the facts? obviously you are the authority on Thai political matters

The fact that 200 reds turned up with their leader is a fact - and you ask for evidence?

• Like 1

" Told to ' is a nice change from ' urged ' but unfortunately the army have no right to tell the police what to do and in this particular case i would think those who can tell the police what to do won't.

If the army knew for a fact that the black shirts in 2010 were made up of a number of police under the command of a well known villain and they saw the same pattern emerging once again of guerrilla attacks then this is how they might react

You are just trolling.

I don't depend on news reports does not mean I don't at all. Google has a disclaimers on the use of its information. We all have to exercise our discretion and care when using news reports and online searches and source like wikipedia. I do not want to get entangled in politics and become their tool. In my business, I regularly utilize the services of risk management companies that include political risk analyst.

That is just irrelevant tripe. What you really mean is that you prefer to remain ignorant and then display that ignorance on Thaivisa for everyone to see.

You've just reinforced the fact that you are trolling. Bye.

The BIBs take action over Red Shirts cheesy.gif ... I witnessed 12 BIBs siting 20 Meters away from 1 redshirt throwing Bricks at a tourist bus ( Tourists inside) .. They sat there 12 to 1 with their arms folded and where Laughing ..... Please no more jokes about the BiBs arresting one of thier own ....giggle.gif

You must have some nice photos to confirm that since u were very close. oh, no camera or phone?

RT@sunaibkk: 6 hours now. Police have no access to 2 men (accused of being provocateurs from Reds) assaulted & detained by PDRC at Ladprao

Let us hope and pray that they are being 'well looked after'...

The police should never have access to these people the way they lie and deceive for the government. They are the LAST people I would hand these over to.

I am sure there are many ways to 'investigate' these two and get the required info from them....

RT@191Thailand: RT @Rennie45: Fire in Nakniwat 48 off Laprao 71, lots of emergency vehicles attending. pic.twitter.com/qaOC81RfpM

xBeQlUC-CMAAQPEH.png.pagespeed.ic.bBnUJJ

Maybe the 'investigation' is over and the punishment handed out.... I have no problem with it.

Would be better though to get the confessions and then put them on stage with Suthep at 8pm... That would be great to watch.

I got 15 minutes to get some beer and popcorn... back soon smile.png

Edited by poisonus

The BIBs take action over Red Shirts cheesy.gif ... I witnessed 12 BIBs siting 20 Meters away from 1 redshirt throwing Bricks at a tourist bus ( Tourists inside) .. They sat there 12 to 1 with their arms folded and where Laughing ..... Please no more jokes about the BiBs arresting one of thier own ....giggle.gif

You must have some nice photos to confirm that since u were very close. oh, no camera or phone?

Nowt unusual... I don't carry a camera or phone. I hate mobile phones and I am not a tourist.

• Like 2

Anxiety and fear are among the silent majority of Pathum Thani over the statement of the Army through its deputy-spokesperson. Instead of asking the Police to take legal against the PDRC who violated the rights of the people there, it intimidated the police through its statement to take legal action against people who wanted the return of their rights. Already, the people do not trust the Army, and now this insensitive statement heightened their fear and anxiety. I think the Army should apologize or clarify or take back their statement in order to maintain their claim of neutrality. Any violence, the Army is responsible.

Another thing you can think about-----The Thai people do not trust the police, ask any of them, you may not even get an answer--they are afraid of their power over them. I can see there is no respect from the ordinary person in the street.

The police are red top to bottom and corrupt top to bottom.

Full of Thaksins family and friends not to mention people like Chalerms sons

That is a big problem that needs to be fixed

How about taking action against the nutjob who said he would arrest the democratically elected Prime Minister and Cabinet Members?

Just a reminder for Jackrich and his new "Respect My Vote" avatar. Jack, you can't vote, here.

It says "Respect My Vote", wherever that may be. You should respect a Thai's right to vote just as much as you respect your right to vote in your home country.

The red version says "how mutt?"

• Like 1

"Police told to take action against hardcore Red Shirt elements"....This headline implies a multitude, then when reading the article, it references one guy by the name of Ko Tee....These protesters really need to have an attack by Red Shirts. If they can find anything remotely connected, they will magnify it....... "More than 30 people were injured as attackers hurled bombs at protesters..."...This quote implies facts that don't match what is currently circulating on the Internet and Social media. That being video's of the so-called hurled bombs came from within the protesters procession. The video clearly shows that the so-called 'bomb' was not against Suthep's procession, but from within it...It shows a bomb being lobbed from the back of one of the pick-ups in the procession. This fact and video's that seem to be everywhere is an inconvenient reality for these coup-mongers, who need to have confrontation and to be attacked by forces outside themselves...Suthep's quick unsubstantiated finger-pointing at the Govt. is evidence of it as well....they would love to have an all-out assault by Security forces...When that is not happening, they need to create a situation themselves. I think these suspicions are just the tip of the iceberg...The protesters need to create all kinds of perceptions in order to advance their cause, and they are good at it.

Do you have a link to this video showing the bomb being lobbed from the pick-up? I would like to see the video myself please.

• Like 1

How about taking action against the nutjob who said he would arrest the democratically elected Prime Minister and Cabinet Members?

Do you mean the one whom has with PTP and Thaksin´s help has ruined the country´s economi?

Oh man I can not hear it anymore - Thailand's economy is ruined?

Who gave you that idea?

Which was the first country to recover from the Asian Financial crises?

Here are some facts for you:

Abhisit's government saw unemployment increase by 63 percent.

Thailand's government budget went into deficit for the first time since 2003. By 2010, the government's debt had bloomed and reached -4.8% of GDP, the largest budget deficit since the government of Chuan Leekpai.

To help the people, Abhisit subsidized the price of diesel, LPG cooking gas, and household electricity. Public bus and train rides were provided for free.

Large-scale fighting erupted several times between Thai and Cambodian troops near Preah Vehear leaving dozens dead. The Thai military admitted to using Cluster Munitions in the conflicts. The southern Thiland Insurgency worsened, and Abhisit's government was condemned by several international human rights groups for the routine and systematic torture of suspected insurgents.

Thailand's military budget reached its highest level in over a decade.

So who ruined the economy? Lucky they did not have more time in office otherwise Thailand would be in a sorry state now.

But at least the army would be richer and would have a few more useless toys bought only for the kickbacks....whistling.gif

The GFC ruined the economy.

• Like 1

They were not democratically elected. This continues the Thaksin myth which is, off course, what Thaksin has planned and you've fallen for it!

The Army's statement is provocative. The statement is not neutral. If any violence, they should take responsibilities. Col Winthai should request the police to appeal to the group of people to exercise restraint and patience. They did not intimidate Nonthaburi governor, they are exercising their civil right to ask the governor to stop the PDRC's protesters who constantly uses threats and intimidation on people. The Army should ask the PDRC to stop doing that. They are not protesting peacefully, they are robbing other people's rights.

It is hard not to be biased against people who were trying their damndest to kill you 3 years ago. And why wouldn't they be biased when the reds have a reputation for being violence prone nut jobs ? We all saw what they got up to burning down buildings, shooting innocent people etc., nobody wants a repeat of that ( except Taksin and his cronies to try and scare the protestors away ).

Do you mean the one whom has with PTP and Thaksin´s help has ruined the country´s economi?

Who gave you that idea?

Thailand's government budget went into deficit for the first time since 2003. By 2010, the government's debt had bloomed and reached -4.8% of GDP, the largest budget deficit since the government of Chuan Leekpai.

To help the people, Abhisit subsidized the price of diesel, LPG cooking gas, and household electricity. Public bus and train rides were provided for free.

Large-scale fighting erupted several times between Thai and Cambodian troops near Preah Vehear leaving dozens dead. The Thai military admitted to using Cluster Munitions in the conflicts. The southern Thailand Insurgency worsened, and Abhisit's government was condemned by several international human rights groups for the routine and systematic torture of suspected insurgents.

So who ruined the economy? Lucky they did not have more time in office otherwise Thailand would be in a sorry state now.

But at least the army would be richer and would have a few more useless toys bought only for the kickbacks....whistling.gif

• Like 1

Speculation, conjecture, fortune telling, CSI impersonators, tarot card readers, etc., and the saga continues. It does make interesting reading.

I know nothing of the Thai politically system and not being Thai, I leave it to Thais to solve a Thai problem.

Anxiety and fear are among the silent majority of Pathum Thani over the statement of the Army through its deputy-spokesperson. Instead of asking the Police to take legal against the PDRC who violated the rights of the people there, it intimidated the police through its statement to take legal action against people who wanted the return of their rights. Already, the people do not trust the Army, and now this insensitive statement heightened their fear and anxiety. I think the Army should apologize or clarify or take back their statement in order to maintain their claim of neutrality. Any violence, the Army is responsible.

Another thing you can think about-----The Thai people do not trust the police, ask any of them, you may not even get an answer--they are afraid of their power over them. I can see there is no respect from the ordinary person in the street.

If the police are so "red", why don't they arrest Suthep since over 2 months even though there's an arrest warrant out for him and he refuses to report to court for the murder charges? And why is the police taking action against red shirts but not against the violent protesters, if they are so "red". As you can see, your statement makes no sense.

"Police told to take action against hardcore Red Shirt elements"....This headline implies a multitude, then when reading the article, it references one guy by the name of Ko Tee....These protesters really need to have an attack by Red Shirts. If they can find anything remotely connected, they will magnify it....... "More than 30 people were injured as attackers hurled bombs at protesters..."...This quote implies facts that don't match what is currently circulating on the Internet and Social media. That being video's of the so-called hurled bombs came from within the protesters procession. The video clearly shows that the so-called 'bomb' was not against Suthep's procession, but from within it...It shows a bomb being lobbed from the back of one of the pick-ups in the procession. This fact and video's that seem to be everywhere is an inconvenient reality for these coup-mongers, who need to have confrontation and to be attacked by forces outside themselves...Suthep's quick unsubstantiated finger-pointing at the Govt. is evidence of it as well....they would love to have an all-out assault by Security forces...When that is not happening, they need to create a situation themselves. I think these suspicions are just the tip of the iceberg...The protesters need to create all kinds of perceptions in order to advance their cause, and they are good at it.

Do you have a link to this video showing the bomb being lobbed from the pick-up? I would like to see the video myself please.

Two of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8YW2YvKNo8@desktop_uri=%2FWATCH%3Fv%3DY8YW2YuKNo8@app=desktop

And

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezh1muBxn7A@feature=youtube.be

Hope that works for you…Ya gotta look real quick, to see the hand appear from behind the cab and throw the thing, with the explosion thereafter.

If the police are so "red", why don't they arrest Suthep since over 2 months even though there's an arrest warrant out for him and he refuses to report to court for the murder charges? And why is the police taking action against red shirts but not against the violent protesters, if they are so "red". As you can see, your statement makes no sense.

You seem to be a bit muddled.

The police has taken zero action against the red shirts but arrested and released around 14 students.

They can't arrest Suthep when he's in a crowd. It will be too bloody

• Like 1

The protests while not 100% peaceful have been relatively peaceful. Occupying streets and making idle threats is one thing. No one dies. However, these idiot red shirts want to escalate the situation by provoking fights and we know both sides have guns. With the cowardly bombings probably going to continue, it's only right that the army and police take action and not let things get worse.

Where is the evidence the reds are responsible for these attacks? seems like the yellow faction may be instigating these to get the army to intervene with a coup :/

There must be a reason that those who are intellectually challenged to such a degree that they cannot see the facts are all aligned to the faction rouge

well seeing as I'm intellectually challenged, what are the facts? obviously you are the authority on Thai political matters

Not only are you intellectually challenged, I would say that you are blind as you can not see facts that are staring you in the face.

Or maybe you're just a red shirt yourself.

Course you did, so you whipped out your camera phone and recorded it? No? thought not, Troll! jerk.gif

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the demonstrations the caretaker government have been trying not to provoke violence but it looks like their own supporters are trying to undermine that.

Who gave you that idea?

Large-scale fighting erupted several times between Thai and Cambodian troops near Preah Vehear leaving dozens dead. The Thai military admitted to using Cluster Munitions in the conflicts. The southern Thailand Insurgency worsened, and Abhisit's government was condemned by several international human rights groups for the routine and systematic torture of suspected insurgents.

"So who ruined the economy?" The GFC.

Two of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8YW2YvKNo8@desktop_uri=%2FWATCH%3Fv%3DY8YW2YuKNo8@app=desktop

And

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezh1muBxn7A@feature=youtube.be

Hope that works for you…Ya gotta look real quick, to see the hand appear from behind the cab and throw the thing, with the explosion thereafter.

I can only but feel the deepest disgust at this propagandists.

People like Fryslan Boppe have blood in their hands in this conflict, they stoke the fire by spreading lies, seeding confussion and demonizing people.

What's in it for you Fryslan?

• Like 1

Where is the evidence to show they were not. ..you might read where the Reds are making threats and there has been a number of arrests of Red supporters. Perhaps because of your evident leaning towards the political party led by a fugitive criminal, you don't read these negative articles about "your' preferred party ???