Blast at anti-govt march raises tensions in Bangkok

webfact

Re recent stories/editorials in the international press, this one from the Washington Post is one of the more telling regarding which way the wind is blowing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/thailands-anti-democracy-protests-merit-a-rebuke-from-the-us/2014/01/15/ca2205a8-7e1b-11e3-95c6-0a7aa80874bc_story.html

Having read the article and noticed it totally follows the US government line of supporting the YS administration it was no surprise to find that the piece in question was written by the Editorial Board. No surprise there then.

Day old news already. Now three murdered and 33 injured. Both Police and Military, were there to investigate, right after the incident,as seen on live Television, so I don't know, why people keep saying that police wasn't allowed to investigate

as far as dwindling numbers go, look on Bluesky.tv, where you can see things, as they happen, not hear about it later, altered, through various propaganda machines wai2.gif

And what is Blue Sky Tv...if not a propaganda machine. No adverts and financed by who.....interesting

You are wrong, on the "no adverts". They sell all kind of infomercial and commercial time. Just depends on when you log on. Propaganda, yes, from everybody, including them, I agree, but at least it's live and you can see it as it happens, or doesn't happen. If it was a live Red channel, I would watch it, too. I don't like spin doctored, second hand information wai2.gif

Its crap and nothing like neutral, I know a girl who works for them and its about as selective as youd expect any propaganda machine to be. theres more thrown out on the cutting floor thats interesting than there is shown, her words not mine.

Its about as unbiased as the Nation is. All its good for is picking up the abusive rhetoric and ridiculous rants these so called educated speakers spout, at least its good for seeing how far in the dark ages these idiots reside.

• Like 1

Day old news already. Now three murdered and 33 injured. Both Police and Military, were there to investigate, right after the incident,as seen on live Television, so I don't know, why people keep saying that police wasn't allowed to investigate

as far as dwindling numbers go, look on Bluesky.tv, where you can see things, as they happen, not hear about it later, altered, through various propaganda machines wai2.gif

And what is Blue Sky Tv...if not a propaganda machine. No adverts and financed by who.....interesting

You are wrong, on the "no adverts". They sell all kind of infomercial and commercial time. Just depends on when you log on. Propaganda, yes, from everybody, including them, I agree, but at least it's live and you can see it as it happens, or doesn't happen. If it was a live Red channel, I would watch it, too. I don't like spin doctored, second hand information wai2.gif

Its crap and nothing like neutral, I know a girl who works for them and its about as selective as youd expect any propaganda machine to be. theres more thrown out on the cutting floor thats interesting than there is shown, her words not mine.

Its about as unbiased as the Nation is. All its good for is picking up the abusive rhetoric and ridiculous rants these so called educated speakers spout, at least its good for seeing how far in the dark ages these idiots reside.

I never claimed, that it is neutral. It is as biased as any other Thai TV, but at least it's live and you can see with your own eyes, what is going on, on live TV, most of the time.

Anyways, I am glad, it's these guys demonstrating live and not the "Lie today"

• Like 1

With the dwindling number of PDRC protesters plus the throwing of bomb like from nowhere, the security agencies and intelligence agencies must remain vigilant in carrying out their duties even though the number of protesters is getting smaller. Judging from the previous behavious of PDRC leaders, they are going to use the incident they created to incite people to take irrational action and to up their number again. Their number may be small now, but their irrational actions can be devastatingly damaging.

The number of protestors is not dwindling, they are just working and living their lives. The crowd tonight is pretty good.

There you go stating your red biased propaganda bullshit as though it was fact yet again. I would worry far more about the irrational actions of the violent red shirts who have a past history of causing mayhem and seem to be doing so again...

The current protests are at a very low percentage of damage when compared to the violent rioters of 2010....

Not ssaying that makes any6thing bad the current protestors do ok, just saying your propaganda is unfounded and overly sensationalist, just what I haven come to expect from your red washed self...

• Like 1

As for the grenade attack, its disgusting, but do we know the motive or the attacker ?

We know who the attacker was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlR2GA_lgjA

Yeah. I tend to agree, but there is no evidence that is better than circumstantial. So both sides get to wind the clock, but one wants to set it back, and the other side wants it to stop.

Sad days.

With the dwindling number of PDRC protesters plus the throwing of bomb like from nowhere, the security agencies and intelligence agencies must remain vigilant in carrying out their duties even though the number of protesters is getting smaller. Judging from the previous behavious of PDRC leaders, they are going to use the incident they created to incite people to take irrational action and to up their number again. Their number may be small now, but their irrational actions can be devastatingly damaging.

The number of protestors is not dwindling, they are just working and living their lives. The crowd tonight is pretty good.

There you go stating your red biased propaganda bullshit as though it was fact yet again. I would worry far more about the irrational actions of the violent red shirts who have a past history of causing mayhem and seem to be doing so again...

The current protests are at a very low percentage of damage when compared to the violent rioters of 2010....

Not ssaying that makes any6thing bad the current protestors do ok, just saying your propaganda is unfounded and overly sensationalist, just what I haven come to expect from your red washed self...

Wasn't it supposed to be a revolution?

The People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) secretary-general Suthep Thaugsuban last night vowed to start what he now called “People Revolution” next month

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-vows-people-revolution-january/

Well I'm sorry but if you want to be taken seriously as a "Revolutionary" you don't have the supporters fighting for the cause in their lunch breaks, after work and at weekends (if the weathers fine).

As for the grenade attack, its disgusting, but do we know the motive or the attacker ?

We know who the attacker was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlR2GA_lgjA

Look closely at the YouTube video around 0.12 - 0.13 - something is thrown out the window from the white pick-up.

Yes, it´s blurry and difficult to see what it is, but I´ve seen it on Thai TV tonight, with much sharper image, and there´s no doubt that a grenade was thrown from the car.

Who was it?

Well, would a UDD car be allowed to follow the PDRC procession?

IMO it´s a typical "blame the other part" set-up, which is so very often used here in this crazy country!

Edited by wilailuk

Copies of the ballot for the Feb 2nd election is being circulated online WITHOUT the "sample" watermark!

Why? Many say that a certain Party staring with P is planning to stuff the ballot box so they can meet the required 20% of registered voters' vote in a constituency.

Democracy ate work

​Desperate to get that 2.2 trillion baht me thinks.

• Like 2

I hope this isn't seen as off topic but i would like to ask fellow posters who do not live in the Bkk area if there's any indication of stepped up security in their home area.

I ask because today, for the first time in a long time, I went into Udon Thani and at Central Plaza Shopping Complex only one of the two entrances to the car park was in use and the security guards were checking the underside of vehicles with a extension mirror as well as opening boots. I should say that the staff and motorcycle park on the other side of the complex had a guard on duty and he was doing nothing.

Udon is roughly 500 Kms away from Bkk and is a VERY red area.

Yep. In Central Plaza in Khon Kaen today to buy the kids some yellow shirts (because they support 15 principles of democracy as opposed to 1) we had the guard check under our car with mirrors. Pretty average check, but a check none the less.

KK is a very red area too.

Numbers.. Been claiming 6 million last month. If it was 6 million tonight, the numbers are steady. anything less and they are down numerically.

Arithmatic laws apply to red shirts and yellow shirts. Looked like 10 - 15 thousand tonight which is less than last time I went to watch Buri Ram FC play. I go there often, and this crowd as asoke tonight, was smaller than the crowd there on a big match day. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_I-Mobile_Stadium

Thats the problem with Propaganda. Bluesky spouting 6, million now have to either say the numbers are faliing and put off even more supporters or really show them selves up by claiming there were more than 6 million there today.

Lifes a bitch... tell us there were 6 million today and we won't even answer you back. Not even after 2 hours rolling about laughing and tweeting in onwards. #reclaimbkk

I hope this isn't seen as off topic but i would like to ask fellow posters who do not live in the Bkk area if there's any indication of stepped up security in their home area.

I ask because today, for the first time in a long time, I went into Udon Thani and at Central Plaza Shopping Complex only one of the two entrances to the car park was in use and the security guards were checking the underside of vehicles with a extension mirror as well as opening boots. I should say that the staff and motorcycle park on the other side of the complex had a guard on duty and he was doing nothing.

Udon is roughly 500 Kms away from Bkk and is a VERY red area.

Yep. In Central Plaza in Khon Kaen today to buy the kids some yellow shirts (because they support 15 principles of democracy as opposed to 1) we had the guard check under our car with mirrors. Pretty average check, but a check none the less.

KK is a very red area too.

What are "15 principles of democracy"? These have been mentioned on TV before but I can't find in any of my textbooks or online.

Copies of the ballot for the Feb 2nd election is being circulated online WITHOUT the "sample" watermark!

Why? Many say that a certain Party staring with P is planning to stuff the ballot box so they can meet the required 20% of registered voters' vote in a constituency.

Democracy ate work

​Desperate to get that 2.2 trillion baht me thinks.

And ? ballots wont be of any use online and they wont be able to use them, you think thats not been tried before ? lol this is not 1930

good try and a great theory but totally unworkable.

elections in most countries are a little bit more clued up than that.

dosnt really matter what happens if they do win people will call foul not matter what, really itll just be the typical Thai bad losers

Crazy, wont let poluce investigate. Makes me wonder who set the explosives??? Suthep is getting to be desperate

At 10 million baht a day protest costs he needs to trigger some reaction.

Killing his own protesters though?? Desperate!

Just out of curiosity where did you get 10 million a day from? Don't doubt it, just would like a link to it.

Just out of curiosity where did you get the evidence of Suthep killing his own protestors? Don't agree with it, but would just like a link to it.

Just out of curiosity why would there be copies of the ballot for the Feb 2nd election being circulated online WITHOUT the "sample" watermark! (and I DO have a link that I can PM you, but being in Thai language I cannot add to this comment)

Many say that a certain Party is planning to stuff the ballot box so they can meet the required 20% of registered voters' vote in a constituency. Desperate me thinks.