Phuket’s 250-million-baht provincial mosque to be built in forest reserve

Lite Beer

Provincial mosque?

When will the provincial cathedral be done?

Why would one be needed --------------?

The ignorance and bigotry of some is truly spectacularsmile.png

Why is tax payers money being used to fund this? And that is just a genuine question. Does the government fund building new temples?

Unsure about funding to build new temples, I guess mainly from donations with some support from the State. The Religious Affairs Department provides an annual budget for Sangha functionaries and upkeep/maintenance for Buddhist structures. I read somewhere, do not know if it is factual, that all temples and monasteries are the property of the Thai state

Not sure about property of the state.

When the Saudi allow, a church, temple, to be built in Saudi Arabia. Then and only then allow Mosques to be built, anywhere outside muslim countrys. The Saudi finance all these Mosques being built!

Precisely, I agree whole heartedly and to top it all they have spcial permission to build in a forest reserve and the government are paying. I also agree with the later comment about the non-payment of the rice farmers, they will be incensed = more protests and unrest. We all know that muslims will not alter their culture whatever country they live in and they protest vehemently about other's rights in cuntries that muslime move to. Eg. The woman working at British Airways being sacked for wearing her neclace with a cross on it. This is bigotry on behalf of the muslims is a disgrace but there are too many whimps in goverments around the world who just don't stand up for the rights of their countries against the muslime..