My GF's 10 day visit to Scotland/1 Night in Holland

Hi.

Ive booked a trip home for myself and my GF to Scotland for 10 days to escape the Wet Songkran. I'm confident that we will get the visa for the UK. My only concern is that Ive booked a 1 night stay in Amsterdam before we head back to Thailand as thats where we are flying from.

My question is:

Do I need to apply for another visa for her to stay in Holland for 1 night? Or is it ok for her to just to show details of her flights to pass immigration

We share a registered business here in Thailand and been together for 4 years and she has held a passport for 10 year etc.

Thank you all.

Allan

Do they have a hotel in the transit area of the Dutch airport? Shipol airport, is it? This might be a solution. Does any member know?

Yes they do,there is the Yotel and other rooms to rent by the hour,all situated in the main terminal area,you don't pass immigration.

Getting the Schengen Visa in the circumstances you describe shouldn't be that difficult, though your girlfriend will need to provide similar evidence as she has to for her UK Visa, plus evidence of her hotel booking which you seem to have, insurance and flights home.

I'm sure your girlfriend will love Amsterdam, I know mine did recently, and well worth the trouble of the second visa, and the short train journey from Schiphol.

http://www.vfsglobal.com/netherlands/thailand/

• Like 1

As theoldgit says, getting the visa shouldn't be too difficult, especially if you can prove that you have been living together for 4 years in Thailand. She might then be considered as an "extended" family member ( if you were married she would be a "core" family member). The Schengen rules call it a durable relationship, and say that she would benefit if you can show that she is :

"the partner with whom the EU citizen has a durable relationship, duly attested".

The train from Schiphol airport to Amsterdam only takes 20 minutes and there is also a bus that does the journey in 30 minutes.

As you only need a visa for 24 hours and you have tickets to prove your itinerary you'll have no problem getting her visa.

Looks like you are flying KLM or China Airways via Edinburgh?